Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-04-2015, 17:25   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Satanage on sat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
The game was spoilt by the outrageous decision to send Nicky off. both players should have got a yellow each at worst. I am loathe to criticise officials but today we suffered at the inept performances of all the officials. It would seem we have had more than our fair share. we responded well to an aggressive attacking team, we showed some brilliant football skills and we were very unlucky not to claim the three points. It would be impossible to name a man of the match. In answer to the JC and JB complainers I will simply say this. There was a supporters club meeting with a Q&A session with JC & JB afterwards. Where were you?? I asked some straight to the point questions and got answers, fair play to both John and Jimmy they did not try to dodge any question. I felt they answered honestly and truthfully, There were some serious questioning. So if you have a genuine point to protest to them their door is open and so are the Q&A sessions.So try to attend. I Know I will.
I'll tell were i was ChrisR, i was at home i usually attend, but under no circumstances will i put myself in that mans company, yeh like it or lump it i dont really give a toss.
Old 18-04-2015, 17:27   #32
God Member

The ref has his reputation to maintain - it's now 9 red cards in 17 games! He must be near to claiming an end of season bonus.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2015, 17:31   #33
Senior Member+

The ref was poor today Exile,but the linesman never helped him.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2015, 17:41   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Can someone explain why the liners swopped sides at Half Time? i can't recall ever seeing that before?
Old 18-04-2015, 17:47   #35
Senior Member+

Think the liner on the main stand side begged the ref to swap him at half time due to the abuse he got !!! 😂
cashman likes this.
Old 18-04-2015, 17:52   #36
Senior Member+

What a day of "performances!"......
.......A SIMPLY MAGNIFICENT PERFORMANCE FROM 10 MAN STANLEY!!!!!!!!!!:m osher:
.......A very POOR performance from Stevenage!
.......An ABSOLUTELY DIRE PERFORMANCE FROM THE REFEREE AND HIS ASSISTANTS!!!
How the referee could send off Hunt but not send off the perpetrator from Stevenage was beyond belief! The Stevenage player jumped across Hunt as he tried to rake a throw in and clearly 'Clipped' hunt across the 'Lughole'. He then stood in front of Hunt who pushed out at him! Now with Hunt being taller than the clown from Stevenage the opposing idiot took the push in the face! Hunt would accept that he fell for it and probably deserved the RED CARD but so did the Stevenage player for what was a worse offence!..... Jumping across a player trying to take a throw in but also for 'HAND TO HEAD' contact too!
STANLEY OUTPLAYED STEVENAGE , in spite of extrememly poor refereeing, WITH ONLY TEN PLAYERS FOR VIRTUALLY THE WHOLE MATCH!
It was only right at the end that Stevenage made 11 count against 10 when their left winger got the ball in space out wide and crossed for the big No 3 to win his header at the far post.
Both of the STANLEY goals were superbly created and finished rreally well. It would be difficult to pick out a MOM for Stanley as they all played their hearts out but I must say that Maguire had his best match for us IMHO. Buxton was like a ferocious Tiger all over the pitch and he was totally 'goosed' at the end. Scott was unlucky to end up conceding two goals as he had played really well too. Rob, Jonesy and Deano were solid at the back under a lot of pressure and got very little protection from the referee. Luke, Piero, Seamus and Josh in paricular played some stunning passing creative football going forward! Had we held on for the WIN I think that it would have hailed as possibly the top performance since we got back into the football league!
THE SUPPORT FROM OUR FANS WAS BRILLIANT TOO!
WELL DONE STANLEY
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2015, 17:55   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Great summary Choirboy, agree totally.
Old 18-04-2015, 17:57   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
There was a supporters club meeting with a Q&A session with JC & JB afterwards. Where were you?? I asked some straight to the point questions and got answers, fair play to both John and Jimmy they did not try to dodge any question. I felt they answered honestly and truthfully, There were some serious questioning. So if you have a genuine point to protest to them their door is open and so are the Q&A sessions.So try to attend. I Know I will.
I'll tell you where I was. I was at home here near Bristol. I am happy to make the 450 mile round trip to see the team at home, and even the 620 mile round trip (with overnight accommodation) to see the team at Hartlepool last Tuesday. I am less inclined to make the round trip for an evening meeting. Instead, I posted my four questions in the appropriate thread. But it seems that no-one could be bothered to ask them on my behalf.
football19 likes this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2015, 18:18   #39
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Can someone explain why the liners swopped sides at Half Time? i can't recall ever seeing that before?
The Reff swops the liners around at ever game he's in charge of! Its just his way Info from JC I asked him just before the start of the 2nd half
Old 18-04-2015, 18:35   #40
Senior Member+

Chris R

The haters are all talk, Coleman has proved them all wrong and they don't like it.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2015, 18:58   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Chris R

The haters are all talk, Coleman has proved them all wrong and they don't like it.
As usual yeh talk utter balls. its sod all to do wi results,
Old 18-04-2015, 19:02   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
As usual yeh talk utter balls. its sod all to do wi results,
I would surprised if that's aimed at you Cashy,you have always said you don't like the bloke,but always give credit when it's due to the management and team
baldy likes this.
Old 18-04-2015, 20:08   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
I'll tell you where I was. I was at home here near Bristol. I am happy to make the 450 mile round trip to see the team at home, and even the 620 mile round trip (with overnight accommodation) to see the team at Hartlepool last Tuesday. I am less inclined to make the round trip for an evening meeting. Instead, I posted my four questions in the appropriate thread. But it seems that no-one could be bothered to ask them on my behalf.
Coley has always said he is available after the game in the Sports Bar and Crown if you want to speak to him or Jimmy!
DAV007 likes this.
Old 18-04-2015, 20:32   #44
Full Member+

Good point, I hope Hunt never plays for us again.

The fans are long term and the players are not, they should remember this.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2015, 20:49   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Coley has always said he is available after the game in the Sports Bar and Crown if you want to speak to him or Jimmy!
Perhaps you would like to check the train times. For a home game, my taxi is booked for 5pm to get me to the station in time for the 17.23 train to Preston to connect with the 18.17 from Preston. If I miss that, I have no later trains.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..