Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-04-2015, 00:18   #46
Full Member+

Re: Satanage on sat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Good point, I hope Hunt never plays for us again.

The fans are long term and the players are not, they should remember this.

Unbelievable......are you saying Hunt should never play for Stanley again for trying to take a quick throw in ?
baldy likes this.
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-04-2015, 07:26   #47
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Good point, I hope Hunt never plays for us again.

The fans are long term and the players are not, they should remember this.
This from a guy who says he aint gonna renew his season ticket cos of the crappy bogs. Long term?
baldy likes this.
Old 19-04-2015, 08:57   #48
Full Member+

He is band for the remainder of his contract was the thinking.

It wasn't just for the stupid sending off and the season ticket isn't just about the bogs, but I don't want to share it on here. It has nowt to do with the team manager.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2015, 09:17   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
He is band for the remainder of his contract was the thinking.

It wasn't just for the stupid sending off and the season ticket isn't just about the bogs, but I don't want to share it on here. It has nowt to do with the team manager.
Wouldn't expect yeh to share it in here, its the" fans are long term" which yeh said, i think is very hypocritical.
Old 19-04-2015, 10:00   #50
God Member

fans like Chewbacca were around in the grotty dark days of non-league oblivion unlike many of the jonny come latelies who only watch league football
Old 19-04-2015, 10:27   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
The pathetic sod should look in the mirror,as far as i'm concerned.
Pot / Kettle
Thin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2015, 10:32   #52
Senior Member+

Watched the sending off again and it doesn't seem as bad as i saw it on the day.
Their lad carried on with his run and barged into Hunty who pushed him away on the back of his head.
Another poor ref decision,he should have just had a word
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2015, 10:37   #53
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin Monkey View Post
Pot / Kettle
You should know.
Old 19-04-2015, 10:38   #54
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Watched the sending off again and it doesn't seem as bad as i saw it on the day.
Their lad carried on with his run and barged into Hunty who pushed him away on the back of his head.
Watched it a few times, was handbags not violent to me, was worth a yellow at worst in my view.
Old 19-04-2015, 10:47   #55
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
fans like Chewbacca were around in the grotty dark days of non-league oblivion unlike many of the jonny come latelies who only watch league football
In the old days no one had a season ticket did they? We were grateful for a roof in about 1982, then took the greyhound track stand from Blackburn for the Cow Shed side around 4 years later when it was knocked down for the Tesco. I only recognise a dozen fans from those days.

Even one of the 'super fans' was wearing a Liverpool kit in 1990 then Stanley mad in 1991.

I'll still be a fan season ticket or not, and I will spend as much going on 2 aways as a season ticket costs. I am not happy giving money to the club the way it is currently run. If they rely on supporter fundraising it needs to be a fan owned club.
smudgie likes this.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2015, 10:59   #56
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
In the old days no one had a season ticket did they? We were grateful for a roof in about 1982, then took the greyhound track stand from Blackburn for the Cow Shed side around 4 years later when it was knocked down for the Tesco. I only recognise a dozen fans from those days.

Even one of the 'super fans' was wearing a Liverpool kit in 1990 then Stanley mad in 1991.

I'll still be a fan season ticket or not, and I will spend as much going on 2 aways as a season ticket costs. I am not happy giving money to the club the way it is currently run. If they rely on supporter fundraising it needs to be a fan owned club.
That i agree wi, "The way it is currently run" But the way i see it, is it will never change in the near future,in fact think theres more chance of it going tits up again, so my logic is different than yours, but see where yer coming from.
baldy likes this.
Old 19-04-2015, 11:24   #57
God Member

Quote:
Even one of the 'super fans' was wearing a Liverpool kit in 1990 ...
in fairness you couldn't buy a Stanley kit until the Hollands deal in late 1990
smudgie, yonmon and Lemur like this.
Old 19-04-2015, 12:42   #58
God Member

most exciting game of the season thanks partly to stockports finest referee got the decision totally wrong at first I thought it was a red card for their player for his initial attack on nicky hunt but Stevenage are masters of the art and know how far to go in gamesmanship horrible side with a horrible manager only equalised with their only bit of good football in the whole game. we never looked one player short. will be a supporter for the day for who they get in the play offs
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2015, 18:21   #59
Senior Member+

Spent a pleasant afternoon, albeit totally bemused by the reasoning's of the wee man in black, in the company of Mr 4-4-2 / aka Mr 4-3-3 !. Strange as it may seem we seemed to be in agreement about most of what went on, in particular the fact that Josh Windass should make good headway in the game....when maturity allows him to make the right decisions at the right time !. I dearly hope that this comes along to enhance his chance of making the big time .
Alfred.E's analysis of the game was quite simply that Satanage's 11 men were inferior to Stanley in every department and so lucky to get away with a point!.
The only disappointment came when I offered to carry F19's bag on his projected trip to Barbados for the second test.....and he appeared to go conveniently deaf at the same moment !.
Once again the Reds have confused the Bookies !....a fact that pleases me immensely.

On Stanley On !!.....you never let us down .
Revived Red likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2015, 18:21   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
I've just watched it a couple of times and it looked more like Hunt grabbed his collar as he was walking away, pulled him back then pushed him away. The ref probably saw it as some kind of retaliation and sent him off.

If Hunt had just let him walk away there wouldn't have been anything for either player. It doesn't mean he was a good ref but it was stupid by Hunt.

And I thought I would get bragging rights in the house.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..