Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-04-2015, 18:22   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Satanage on sat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
In the old days no one had a season ticket did they?
I had a kind of 'membership card' type of thing in the early 80s, which was a season pass for home games.

Of course, apparently I lack logic, so I may be mistaken.
Old 19-04-2015, 19:55   #62
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Spent a pleasant afternoon, albeit totally bemused by the reasoning's of the wee man in black, in the company of Mr 4-4-2 / aka Mr 4-3-3 !. Strange as it may seem we seemed to be in agreement about most of what went on, in particular the fact that Josh Windass should make good headway in the game....when maturity allows him to make the right decisions at the right time !. I dearly hope that this comes along to enhance his chance of making the big time .
Alfred.E's analysis of the game was quite simply that Satanage's 11 men were inferior to Stanley in every department and so lucky to get away with a point!.
The only disappointment came when I offered to carry F19's bag on his projected trip to Barbados for the second test.....and he appeared to go conveniently deaf at the same moment !.
Once again the Reds have confused the Bookies !....a fact that pleases me immensely.

On Stanley On !!.....you never let us down .
You failed to mention my worldly advice to think outside the box if you feel the heat. Only just realised it was a discussion we had when SATANage were the visitors.... most apt
Old 19-04-2015, 20:01   #63
Resting in Peace

"
"Josh Windass should make good headway in the game....when maturity allows him to make the right decisions at the right time !. "
You must have dozed off in the sunshine, Yonmon, when he did brilliantly to lay on the goal on a plate for Maguire, rather than shooting himself! Methinks you are coming too much under the influence of your guru mate.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2015, 20:25   #64
God Member

Stevenage just been awarded League 2 Family Club Of The Year. Is that because the manager & players are role models ?
Old 20-04-2015, 03:05   #65
Resting in Peace

Just seen the Hunt throw in incident on I-player. That is the most unjust straight red card I have ever seen. In comparison, look at some of the thuggish assaults seen in this week-ends PL games which went unpunished. Mirallas's horrific studs up lunge on George Boyd's shin, not even a foul given, David Silva nearly having his eye taken out by a shocking elbow - only a yellow, defenders clattering into attackers from behind without penalty, John Terry etc, etc. I didn't see the Hunt throw in on Saturday, but if I had I would have been sorely tempted to join in with the Clayton end chorus of "How much for the referee?" Surely at least the red card can be appealed and also preferably the Ref hauled over the coals by the authorities for such gross punishment for a mild shove in the back? No one will ever convince me it came anywhere near to being dangerous play. I don't blame Nicky Hunt one bit for such a mild reaction to the provocative little Stevenage squirt.
Funnily enough though, I don't think we would have been treated to such an enthralling Stanley performance if it hadn't happened!
Old 20-04-2015, 10:22   #66
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Stevenage just been awarded League 2 Family Club Of The Year. Is that because the manager & players are role models ?
Just goes to prove that the Football League is on it's arse!! (They might not have got that award if a league rep had heard some of the vile comments made to us by their lovely fans on the way out of the game - disgusting individuals )
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2015, 11:17   #67
God Member

Scum you only need to read articles about our club on Borochat twisted views and that,s just the fans the Manager and players cheating as never changed terrible to watch if that,s what it takes to get to the playoffs I,d hang my head in shame if it was Stanley let,s hope it never comes to that for us.
Redraine likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2015, 12:19   #68
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Just goes to prove that the Football League is on it's arse!! (They might not have got that award if a league rep had heard some of the vile comments made to us by their lovely fans on the way out of the game - disgusting individuals )
Aye, after Stevenage was designated a "New Town" after WW2 the small existing local population were up in arms at having to absorb an influx of about 60,000 London slum dwellers. Shows, doesn't it?
Old 20-04-2015, 17:58   #69
Senior Member+

Going off topic but Connor Mahoney is playing for blackburn in under 21s final at southampton - good luck to the lad !!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2015, 18:20   #70
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Stevenage just been awarded League 2 Family Club Of The Year.
I presume it's sponsored by the Kray family.
Revived Red and lancsdave like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2015, 18:48   #71
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Just seen the Hunt throw in incident on I-player. That is the most unjust straight red card I have ever seen. In comparison, look at some of the thuggish assaults seen in this week-ends PL games which went unpunished. Mirallas's horrific studs up lunge on George Boyd's shin, not even a foul given, David Silva nearly having his eye taken out by a shocking elbow - only a yellow, defenders clattering into attackers from behind without penalty, John Terry etc, etc. I didn't see the Hunt throw in on Saturday, but if I had I would have been sorely tempted to join in with the Clayton end chorus of "How much for the referee?" Surely at least the red card can be appealed and also preferably the Ref hauled over the coals by the authorities for such gross punishment for a mild shove in the back? No one will ever convince me it came anywhere near to being dangerous play. I don't blame Nicky Hunt one bit for such a mild reaction to the provocative little Stevenage squirt.
Funnily enough though, I don't think we would have been treated to such an enthralling Stanley performance if it hadn't happened!
Being appealed
MikeA, Redraine and Revived Red like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2015, 15:04   #72
God Member

Now just 1 game ban.

Hunt ban reduced ? Accrington Stanley FC

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..