Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2016, 08:52   #31
God Member

Re: Saturday's Game!

only 4 days 5 hours and 8 mins to go.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-05-2016, 09:03   #32
God Member

Could Saturday be our attendance record beating (correct me if I,m wrong) 4368 v Colchester 2004.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 09:50   #33
Senior Member+

Clayton End sold out !!!
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 10:02   #34
Senior Member+

Aaarghh! Has anyone got through to a human at the club on the phone this morning? I e-mailed yesterday and put a message on the answerphone at 10-01 this morning, I wonder how they are dealing with these various advertised ways of getting tickets?
Old 03-05-2016, 12:09   #35
Senior Member+

Mother in law has just been down and said it was absolute mayhem. We e-mailed to reserve tickets and have been ringing since before 10am this morning but again to no avail, think they've probably taken them off of the hook. Apparently no e-mails or voice mails have been replied too and only tickets left now are on The Coppice End, so looks like we're going to have to stand on there
Old 03-05-2016, 12:37   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Could Saturday be our attendance record beating (correct me if I,m wrong) 4368 v Colchester 2004.
I doubt it! ......................not very many seats in 2004, mostly standing on the far side, both ends and over half of what is currently the main stand ......perhaps just under/over 4,000?
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 12:41   #37
Senior Member+

Concerned both my friends and I who have been to 10 plus games could miss out because we don't live local and can't get through to the club.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 12:44   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
I doubt it! ......................not very many seats in 2004, mostly standing on the far side, both ends and over half of what is currently the main stand ......perhaps just under/over 4,000?
I know what it was like in 2004 but the capacity is still 5057 unless reduced on police advice and way sales are going I think this could be a record crowd.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 13:56   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Concerned both my friends and I who have been to 10 plus games could miss out because we don't live local and can't get through to the club.
How many you need my big lad ?

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 14:04   #40
Senior Member+

I finally got through at about 1230 and am on a list to be rung back for payment details - so not going anywhere for a while. I hope this means I'm guaranteed my 2 tickets - Mrs Chimer not thrilled at prospect of standing in the rain on the Coppice End though
Old 03-05-2016, 14:19   #41
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
I finally got through at about 1230 and am on a list to be rung back for payment details - so not going anywhere for a while. I hope this means I'm guaranteed my 2 tickets - Mrs Chimer not thrilled at prospect of standing in the rain on the Coppice End though
Nothing's going to rain on our parade mate, I bloody hope not anyway cos that's where me and Ange have got to stand
Old 03-05-2016, 14:33   #42
Senior Member+

Ah, maybe I'll get to meet our champion before she's deposed - and you too of course . I suspect I'll be wearing a Viking helmet with pigtails and a St George's cross , as it seemed to do the trick at Wycombe
Old 03-05-2016, 14:49   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Ah, maybe I'll get to meet our champion before she's deposed - and you too of course . I suspect I'll be wearing a Viking helmet with pigtails and a St George's cross , as it seemed to do the trick at Wycombe
You were sat next to Ange at Wycombe and spoke to us in the concourse, I had the stupid flowery hat on whilst Ange is the pretty one
Old 03-05-2016, 15:05   #44

See you there, was sat next to you at Wycombe.. make sure you wear your Viking hat, good value. We had a nightmare getting tickets after reserving on e-mail yesterday.
angeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 16:09   #45
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

If I remember right and I'm sure someone will state other wise.... Main stand (jack Barrett stand) holds 1200 Clayton end 1600 combined siting and standing Whinney hill 600 sitting coppice ie away end 1500 standing with 157 standing on whinney terrace. 5057 total.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..