Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2016, 16:15   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Saturday's Game!

I'm sure police advise was 4500????

The only game I ever remember being an official "sell out" was Satanage in the playoffs???
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-05-2016, 16:31   #47
Full Member+

well I sure hope it a better ref than on that day , when he blew for full time he did it in corner of the pitch and then legged it......speaks volumes. Stevenage owe us one.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 17:27   #48
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige b View Post
You were sat next to Ange at Wycombe and spoke to us in the concourse, I had the stupid flowery hat on whilst Ange is the pretty one
Quote:
Originally Posted by angeb View Post
See you there, was sat next to you at Wycombe.. make sure you wear your Viking hat, good value. We had a nightmare getting tickets after reserving on e-mail yesterday.
Small world, etc, etc!! Hopefully will see you both then
Old 03-05-2016, 17:53   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Small world, etc, etc!! Hopefully will see you both then
Ain't chuffin' buying that
Old 03-05-2016, 18:00   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
Ain't chuffin' buying that
The dvd I mean, see you Saturday mate, we could both have crap hats
Old 03-05-2016, 18:14   #51

Being down here in t'netherworld I was wonderin' whereabouts they are putting the handful of Stevenage fans and if I'd get away with nipping up the road and buying a few tickets from their allocation?
Snarling Mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 18:17   #52
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarling Mallard View Post
Being down here in t'netherworld I was wonderin' whereabouts they are putting the handful of Stevenage fans and if I'd get away with nipping up the road and buying a few tickets from their allocation?
Got to be somewhere in Whinney Hill hopefully in the houses, serves the moaning buggers right
AccyMad and choirboy like this.
Old 04-05-2016, 07:26   #53
Senior Member+

Quote:
Got to be somewhere in Whinney Hill hopefully in the houses, serves the moaning buggers right
What about in "The Whinney Hill Quarry" underneath tons of recycling waste!
heh heh!
AccyMad, baldy, nige b and 1 others like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:08   #54

Got to say I'm not 100% happy with what's happened with mine and my father's tickets. My dad had the forethought to buy them the week before the Morecambe game. He bought the Morecambe, York and Satanage tickets all at the same time. Happy in the thought that we could sit down and be a part of Stanley's history.

Now my father is disabled and I go as his carer and we need to sit to watch the game. This has never been a problem previously, in fact we have our own usual seats. But on Sunday I see something on here about reserved seating (a decision made after we purchased our tickets). So we phoned the club to just make sure we were ok to sit. To be told the tickets say Clayton End Terrace and there's nothing we can do.

Not happy Accy Stanley, if there's anybody from the club reading this can you please try and sort something.

Mr Matthew
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:52   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Matthew View Post
Got to say I'm not 100% happy with what's happened with mine and my father's tickets. My dad had the forethought to buy them the week before the Morecambe game. He bought the Morecambe, York and Satanage tickets all at the same time. Happy in the thought that we could sit down and be a part of Stanley's history.

Now my father is disabled and I go as his carer and we need to sit to watch the game. This has never been a problem previously, in fact we have our own usual seats. But on Sunday I see something on here about reserved seating (a decision made after we purchased our tickets). So we phoned the club to just make sure we were ok to sit. To be told the tickets say Clayton End Terrace and there's nothing we can do.

Not happy Accy Stanley, if there's anybody from the club reading this can you please try and sort something.

Mr Matthew
Total sellout just announced. Not sure what they could do but if you can put it out on facebook or twitter I'd bet somebody would swap you for standing
Old 04-05-2016, 09:52   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:

Mr Matthew

Are you a season ticket holder???? Obviously the game was going to be a sell out and surely you would have realised all seats would be reserved beforehand?
Old 04-05-2016, 10:05   #57

Not 4 weeks ago Smudge, there wasn't an option offered for seating at the time.
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 10:08   #58
Senior Member+

Hmm interesting. I got mine I think 2 weeks ago from the Market stall and they had a seating plan etc
Old 04-05-2016, 10:32   #59

I bought mine from the club shop after the Morecambe game and, similar situation, I've ended up with standing tickets for me and my 3 (almost 4) yr old. I actually asked about reserved seating a couple of days later at reception and got told they didn't bother with it in the Clayton end.

First I heard about reserved seating was the post over the weekend. I tried calling but by the time I got through the Clayton end had sold out.

It's not ideal as I will now probably have to hold him for the game so he can see. But other people in this situation may not be as lucky.

It is what it is, but I guess it could have been handled a bit better.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
chopper5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 12:30   #60
God Member

Quote:
Now my father is disabled and I go as his carer and we need to sit to watch the game. This has never been a problem previously
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper5 View Post
I've ended up with standing tickets for me and my 3 (almost 4) yr old. I actually asked about reserved seating a couple of days later at reception and got told they didn't bother with it in the Clayton end.

I'm sure you'll both accept that, with a sell-out, the 'usual' may not always be possible.
However, I always understood that you could choose to stand or sit on the Clayton End. I'm not sure if Chopper's reference to 'not bothering' means that approach will still apply on Saturday or whether you either stand or you sit where you're allotted a specific seat number (do they even have seat numbers on the Clayton End?).
If that's the case, then get there early to get a seat.
But whatever the arrangements, knowing Stanley fans and Accrington folk, I'm sure there would be someone in a seat who'd be willing to let a disabled chap and/or a small child sit down if they were asked politely.
I'm lucky enough to have secured tickets for the Clayton End but don't know and don't care if I'm standing or sitting. But, if it's the latter, I'll be happy to swap if I see someone who's in more need.
LongLostSon and Revived Red like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..