Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2016, 13:42   #61
Full Member+

Re: Saturday's Game!

I personally believe there will actually be a few seats free on the Clayton End. I assume there'll have been people who wanted Standing but had to make do with seating tickets once the standing section sold out. I doubt those people will stay in their seats and not attempt to get in the crowd.

I've seen them attempt to enforce "You have a standing ticket, you have a seating ticket" in the past and it didn't seem to work that well - and there wasn't as many people then!

Regardless, as Exile said, I don't think you'd struggle to find anyone willing to give up their seat to someone more in need.

Illustrations, Web & Graphic Design:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk

Accrington Stanley Section:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk/sections/accrington-stanley
Red-Osbornello is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-05-2016, 13:57   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post

I'm sure you'll both accept that, with a sell-out, the 'usual' may not always be possible.
However, I always understood that you could choose to stand or sit on the Clayton End. I'm not sure if Chopper's reference to 'not bothering' means that approach will still apply on Saturday or whether you either stand or you sit where you're allotted a specific seat number (do they even have seat numbers on the Clayton End?).
If that's the case, then get there early to get a seat.
But whatever the arrangements, knowing Stanley fans and Accrington folk, I'm sure there would be someone in a seat who'd be willing to let a disabled chap and/or a small child sit down if they were asked politely.
I'm lucky enough to have secured tickets for the Clayton End but don't know and don't care if I'm standing or sitting. But, if it's the latter, I'll be happy to swap if I see someone who's in more need.
Yes, of course I accept that.

I assumed that I would just have to get there early to get a seat. Because there isn't normally reserved seating on the clayton end.

My only (minor) gripe is that the reserved seating was only mentioned for the first time this weekend (that I'm aware of?), when tickets have been on sale for a few weeks.

A bit of forethought and it could have been avoided.

But I'm not complaining, I've got tickets, we'll be there, that's the main thing! A sore back and arms is a small price to pay to see Stanley in league one.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
chopper5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 15:45   #63
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper5 View Post
A bit of forethought and it could have been avoided.

If we'd all had a bit of forethought, we'd have had a few quid on Leicester and Stanley
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 16:36   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Matthew View Post
Not 4 weeks ago Smudge, there wasn't an option offered for seating at the time.
I don't think anybody ever thought this would happen, definately not 4 weeks ago.

Blame Trevor Kettle, Stanley would have been up now had he not screwed up
Old 04-05-2016, 17:36   #65
Senior Member+

Managed to get 4 tickets from the market hall shop after pulling up at the club shop and seeing a long queue out of the door!

It's the first time I have visited the store in the market hall and it's a real credit to the club.
Great staff, good stock and competitive prices.

Thanks again to the staff who were still on site at 4.30pm and selling tickets, much appreciated.
baldy likes this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 21:22   #66
Full Member+

Most of he seats on the left of the Altham End seem to be taken up by those coming to watch the half time kick-a-bout. My Season Ticket has a seat number on even though I ticked standing, not sure if many others are like this or if it means anything?

Does the Whinney Hill stand have seat numbers and will it be open? I tend to go there if there is a big crowd as access to the Altham End standing is a right ball ache if it is busy and too many people are penned in between the bars.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 23:38   #67

Thanks to the couple of accy webbers who have offered me the option to swap tickets. Much appreciated, I will be in touch at a more decent hour.

Now all I need is to get in my lucky seat B25. 2 games not in it and 2 losses against Pompey and Wimbledon (missed the Oxford game).

Does anyone know if the tickets/seats are numbered?
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 13:59   #68
Senior Member+

Seats in the Jack Barrett stand are most definitely numbered, cannot say for sure about the seats in the Clayton End or Whinney Hill.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 15:46   #69
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Seats in the Jack Barrett stand are most definitely numbered, cannot say for sure about the seats in the Clayton End or Whinney Hill.
I would think Clayton End are or you wouldn't be able to allocate season tickets
Old 05-05-2016, 19:17   #70

Are there any tickets left I was going to take my Daughter again after going to the last 2 home games. Someone at work said they had 2 tickets from someone at Whatmores for free not that I minded paying £15 quid for the pair of us as she's under 12 however these don't seem to have materialised wish I'd just bought them now.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 19:49   #71
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Don't forget to be on the wham for 2:30 sat!!
Old 05-05-2016, 22:09   #72
Senior Member+

Is there any other place to be pal
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 06-05-2016, 07:04   #73
Full Member+

I'm getting nervous now(Like i haven't been nervous all week) Would we all settle for draws all around..i would! I hope the new fans who're making this a sell out don't get on our boys backs if things aren't going our way. Patience and tactics will see us over the line.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 07:18   #74
Senior Member+

Need to get behind the boys from the start, like at Wycombe, The last thing they'll need is more pressure from the stands!

We've got this! Believe!!
AccyMad likes this.
Old 06-05-2016, 07:38   #75
God Member

I imagine we will be nervous but so will oxford and Bristol rovers. they have to better our result whatever it may be. plenty of twists and turns through the game. hope that all the turnstiles at the jack barrett stand will be open. only 2 recently and this will not be sufficient.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..