Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-09-2009, 21:38   #226
God Member

Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
At this rate selling out every match will leave us well short.

That is why it is dissapointing.

The majority of people have already donated.

The club needs to come up with something else it can sell to save itself.

Ideas:

10 year season tickets (you times this years price by five both winners)

Stanley Debentures

A new SoS Third Shirt in blue
I would suggest a substantial ground sponsor would outweigh all those.
Old 14-09-2009, 22:19   #227
Member.

We’ve yet to see a major donation coming in from prominent businesses, local or national let alone a Ground Sponsor; current gates, the excise man and uncertainty of the future of the board will do little to stimulate interest unless we can respond on the ground and push for the play off position or better.

We’ve now’t to offer a major sponsor unless we can be assured of survival and at the moment we don’t seem to be able to coordinate current effort without the same few faces giving what little time they have.

We need strong positive dialog with the media in order to promote what’s good at Stanley and a strong focus on what’s happening to ensure development and consistency within the club. All I have heard in recent weeks is “poor Stanley” an almost begging attitude towards resolving the situation.

We need firm foundations to build from and we desperately need to attract sustainable investment, a quick look back at our past will show that the old methods of holding out the jerry and; or selling key assets have served no meaningful benefit.

These things may well be going on in the background but we’re seeing or hearing now’t from the promotion staff and things are looking shabby; indifference towards stock, unclear attitudes within the shop and a major shirt producer allegedly selling off Replica shirts on eBay are not promoting our best interests….we have been asked to buy mercantile product to support the SOS appeal and a chap on Friday night could give us £40 for a shirt? How many more £40s walked away on what was most likely the biggest night of the season, how many bought a Stanley Shirt for £20 off eBay?

Tremendous work has been done by the club to get this far, far more work was probably done by the nameless few who again donate time and effort in the name of Accrington Stanley. Public funding will start to slow down around the next week or so; good ideas seem to be floated and then fade; Stanley has two good sized car parks, couple of local car boots or a antiques fair may give us a couple of more grand but what else? Who’s coordinating, pushing, promoting.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2009, 22:40   #228
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Agree Dave!!....But isn't the likelihood of this becoming reality, due to the Status Quo, more remote than ever ??.

Seems that all I post lately amount to little but mini-Jeremiads !...but all that I read and hear suggests to me that the gleam at the end of this very dark tunnel is as yet, difficult to discern....But I really hope that this is due to my failing eyesight or my ever-developing pessimistic view of the world in general!

(Alfred .E. daren't even look!!... He's waiting for some news that will cheer him up a bit!!...anybody got any??)
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2009, 22:45   #229
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Agree Dave!!....But isn't the likelihood of this becoming reality, due to the Status Quo, more remote than ever ??.

Seems that all I post lately amount to little but mini-Jeremiads !...but all that I read and hear suggests to me that the gleam at the end of this very dark tunnel is as yet, difficult to discern....But I really hope that this is due to my failing eyesight or my ever-developing pessimistic view of the world in general!

(Alfred .E. daren't even look!!... He's waiting for some news that will cheer him up a bit!!...anybody got any??)
YEH Tell Alfred.E. were gonna Survive mate..........Cashy has spoken!
Old 15-09-2009, 06:20   #230
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
YEH Tell Alfred.E. were gonna Survive mate..........Cashy has spoken!
It must be deja vu all over again Cashy!!.

Thanks from us both !!...'HE' say's 'I've been up and down so many times that I feel as if I'm in a revolving door !'...

'ON STANLEY!!!...ON!!!'
Old 15-09-2009, 09:00   #231
God Member

Poor Alfred.E. ...the world he lives in,,, revolving doors that go up and down ???????? !!!!!!!
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2009, 09:17   #232
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Darlington CCL Match - Gate Receipts Only Club 11/09/09 £14,184.07
The figure states "Gate Receipts Only". When I came through the "Golden Turnstile" I gave my donation and it went into a black box. Hopefully there will be another total for donations made at the game which will not be liable to VAT.

Quote:
Why doesn't somebody at the Club make a public statement of how much they want for ground sponsorship for the rest of the season and then we might get interested parties.

Quote:
£17,192 less 15% V.A.T=£14,613,20
Just for interest £17,192 less the VAT content = £14949.56

I am sure that the Club are not going to understate the amount raised as this would not be very beneficial. As I have said before we just have to trust the Club at the moment until we are out of this mess. If people read some of the comments on this thread I think it may deter them from donating. So please, let's be positive for the next few weeks.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2009, 11:22   #233
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

£17,192 less 15% V.A.T=£14,613,20 was that off my post jeff it was only a rough calculation on my part not actual
Old 15-09-2009, 12:32   #234
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
£17,192 less 15% V.A.T=£14,613,20 was that off my post jeff it was only a rough calculation on my part not actual
Yes I think it was. It was only a little point, no offence meant.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2009, 13:35   #235
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Poor Alfred.E. ...the world he lives in,,, revolving doors that go up and down ???????? !!!!!!!
Now your getting warm KJ !!....but why no mention of ' Deja vu all over again ??'

But don't feel sorry for him KJ !....Ours is a very happy world believe me.....
Just Alfred.E. His alter-ego A.A.MUZIK(That's his Avatar you can see!) and his Dog ( Named 'Coleman'), and of course little old me!!.

We are of course all rather concerned about what is going on 'Stanleywise',(They are, I'm afraid, to quote my old Grandfather,..'Puncin a soft baw ageean t'wind',!). But with the support of Wynonie and Cashy we are all just about bearing up !!.. .

Now it's medication time !!............Regards and Best Wishes.
Old 15-09-2009, 13:50   #236
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Now your getting warm KJ !!....but why no mention of ' Deja vu all over again ??'

But don't feel sorry for him KJ !....Ours is a very happy world believe me.....
Just Alfred.E. His alter-ego A.A.MUZIK(That's his Avatar you can see!) and his Dog ( Named 'Coleman'), and of course little old me!!.

We are of course all rather concerned about what is going on 'Stanleywise',(They are, I'm afraid, to quote my old Grandfather,..'Puncin a soft baw ageean t'wind',!). But with the support of Wynonie and Cashy we are all just about bearing up !!.. .

Now it's medication time !!............Regards and Best Wishes.
daft as it sounds, whilst we embark on this "Gigantic" struggle, cashy is becoming slightly more Optimistic Daily, that we will Triumph! perhaps its the medication i took in the 60s thats helping. who knows? but thats me. ONWARDS N UPWARDS.
Old 15-09-2009, 16:18   #237
God Member

Smile Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Quote:
Why 500 freebies? If that happened most games there would be no gate.

Plus the U16 and concessions still have to pay £8 and £5.

If I paid £20 to go in in,the extra £7 should not be subject VAT, it is a donation.
The freebies had been organised in advance as part of the Friday night thing, as Cashy said to create atmos . Most of the free tickets were to students Etc. So do not think we lost out too much on them and as we did not get over 4K on the gate we did not lose gate money for paying customers.

The club tried to take the initiative and boost the gate, hats off to them for trying

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2009, 16:24   #238
God Member

Smile Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
i like idea 1
i dont know what idea 2 means
idea 3 looks decidedly dodgy bearing in mind that our solicitors are in contact with the current kit manufacturer for selling our shirt at half price for themselves.
I too like idea 1,

This is idea 2,
Definitions of debenture on the Web:

unsecured bond: the ability of a customer to obtain goods or services before payment, based on the trust that payment will be made in the future
a certificate or voucher acknowledging a debt
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Idea 3 is taking the mick a little

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2009, 16:39   #239
Senior Member+

Quote:
"All money recieved" on Friday was supposed to go into the fund.

I am very dissapointed that reciepts of just over £14k were collected like others on here. It seems £10k light going off season ticket numbers and the number of adults that were there.

The sums don't add up. I was working until 7pm, made the extra effort to rush back for the cause and feel let down.

The fans are doing their bit, but it is a one sided effort.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
I do hope that someone at the club is in overall control of the appeal and is keeping a close watch on and account of the money being raised. I would dread there to be awkward questions asked later about money seemingly not accounted for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
ASFC and money do not always sit easily together.
Mmmmmmm??? I'm afraid that this remains a constant worry for me. I have not posted for some time because I wanted to wait and see how the club was managing the SOS Appeal. In one earlier post, I commented that cynicism could easily creep in and damage the Appeal and there is evidence from recent posts that this is happening. Although I was mildly taken to task before and told that it had to be more a less a case of "all hands to the pumps", I still think that the Appeal would benefit from having a single named individual in charge whose sole task was to manage the Appeal.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2009, 18:44   #240
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Most of the free tickets were to students Etc.
Out of the 500 given out I bet at most only 100 were used.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..