Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2009, 16:06   #256
God Member

Re: "Save Our Stanley"

nice one Phil, keep it up buddy
Old 17-09-2009, 16:41   #257
God Member

Altho seems its not shouting at the roof tops money is still being raised, think once that comes in it may suprise u. Ok 12 squid was raised today at our shop, does that inspire hope? Could do with a big bro announcer day 23 example, funds at total x amount etc lol to make it feel its upping ? Lol
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2009, 16:58   #258
Senior Member+

By my reckoning, we need to raise an average of £47,000 per week for the next five weeks. Is that feasible?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2009, 17:03   #259
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

everyone can reckon up, its gotta be done simple as.
Old 17-09-2009, 17:09   #260
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
By my reckoning, we need to raise an average of £47,000 per week for the next five weeks. Is that feasible?
As my old Grandad from Albert Street, Ossy, used to put it...
' It's not much if you say it fast!!'....but in spite of my rather pessimistic view of things, I feel that one way or another the total will be found..paid..and we'll still be watching 'The Reds' climb up the League towards GLORY!! (Is that better Cashy??).

'ON STANLEY!!!....ON!!!.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2009, 17:41   #261
God Member

Smile Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Some fundraisers are utilising the few weeks we have left, like ourselves, to collect funds for the club rolling over to give a better total & chance for people to donate by which ever means. Just because it maybe quiet doesnt mean funds have dried up - just its ongoing

On going stuff:

Raffle
SOS Shirts
SOS Mugs - redash
General donations
Thanks for the update SM, keep up the good work

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2009, 17:43   #262
God Member

Smile Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
not seen this anywhere, good on yer Phil & Francesco

East Lancashire officers beat the drum for Accrington Stanley (From Lancashire Telegraph)

would be good to get it on the sos website
Good find Google Page Ranking, agree needs to be on S.O.S. & Official Site...

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2009, 17:48   #263
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
everyone can reckon up, its gotta be done simple as.
We know that, cashy. So, next question. How? Major sponsorship? Are the big names at the club making progress with this? All the valiant money-raising efforts underway at the moment are not going to reach that sort of total.

Sorry, but it's no longer enough to say "it's gotta be done". Raising that sort of money is simply beyond the reach and resources of us ordinary folk. I'm not being unnecessarily negative or pessimistic - just realistic. Emotion will not raise what is needed.

Sooner or later, there's a bullet to be bitten. Only major sponsorship or a huge donation will raise the money needed.

Just my thoughts.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2009, 17:57   #264
God Member

Quote:
Sooner or later, there's a bullet to be bitten.
the single most relevant sentence that will typed over the whole eight week saga
Old 17-09-2009, 18:36   #265
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
We know that, cashy. So, next question. How? Major sponsorship? Are the big names at the club making progress with this? All the valiant money-raising efforts underway at the moment are not going to reach that sort of total.

Sorry, but it's no longer enough to say "it's gotta be done". Raising that sort of money is simply beyond the reach and resources of us ordinary folk. I'm not being unnecessarily negative or pessimistic - just realistic. Emotion will not raise what is needed.

Sooner or later, there's a bullet to be bitten. Only major sponsorship or a huge donation will raise the money needed.

Just my thoughts.
ya may be correct Revived Red but 2 ways to look at this My Glass is half full, Yours is half empty.
Old 17-09-2009, 19:17   #266
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Altho seems its not shouting at the roof tops money is still being raised, think once that comes in it may suprise u. Ok 12 squid was raised today at our shop, does that inspire hope? Could do with a big bro announcer day 23 example, funds at total x amount etc lol to make it feel its upping ? Lol
Mel, when i collect the £100 in that i've got in sponsors can i drop it in at your shop? wouldnt know where to take it otherwise
Old 17-09-2009, 19:19   #267

Are we still waiting for other streams of revenue from the Darlington game??? SOS website says gate receipts only???
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2009, 19:29   #268
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Mel, when i collect the £100 in that i've got in sponsors can i drop it in at your shop? wouldnt know where to take it otherwise
Yeah u can drop it off if u wish, will make sure the club gets it personally as a seperate donation for filling the part u have played in raising funds for our little local club, with thanks, no prob

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 17-09-2009, 19:32   #269
God Member

i aint bothered about making it a seperate donation, just put it with the other money you have for the club, ta
Old 17-09-2009, 19:50   #270
God Member

Every donation is logged that is made including any sos sales, raffle or donations to the bucket anyway even ammon donations are accounted for, and all goes direct to the sos fund only. I think its only fair u should get credit for your efforts

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..