Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2009, 14:14   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: "Save Our Stanley"

I have just put my cheque in the post, my pledge I made on here a few weeks ago
Old 05-09-2009, 21:59   #17
Senior Member+

Hi,
I have written to Spirit of Shankly, bluekipper, toffeeweb & red and white kop groups/websites to gain support/publicity for the campaign.
I will post any responses on here.

For those who are not aware, these are large Everton/Liverpool fans groups.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:32   #18
Senior Member+

Found this on Football Blog

"Reply 7. Snarklife Wrote: | 21.57BST | Sep 5, 2009
Off topic, but there was a really touching call just now on 606 from a top nob at Accrington Stanley - who desperately need to feed the taxman 308,000 pound coins before Saturday 24th October 2009 or they'll be consigned to the dustbin of footballing history.

I grew up with *that* milk ad and was really pleased when AS gained promotion to the 'big leagues' a few years back. I know it's an obvious observation, but £308,000 is probably what Man City pay their benchwarmers every week - it's literally nothing when you think about Premiership cashflow.

So I've just donated a tenner and I really hope everyone who visits this great blog will do too (Harry, you seem like the kind of chap who'd be behind this campaign, so hope you don't mind this post). And, when I sit in the West Stand Upper for the Man U game (borrowed ticket), I'll try and get the chap next to me to donate his Rolex.

Us yids understand the real value of football, don't we? And I think we can relate to some of the crushing emotions AS fans must be going through right now. So visit the link below and make a donation now. They accept payments by post, phone, SMS, Paypal and direct bank transfer - so it's dead easy to do.

Cheers and BIOYC!

LINK

Robin in Oxford

Reply 8. onedavemackay Wrote: | 23.44BST | Sep 5, 2009
Reply to Snarklife:

Off topic, but there was a really touching call just now on 606 from a top nob at Accrington Stanley - who desperately need to feed the taxman 308,000 pound coins before Saturday 24th October 2009 or they'll be consigned to the dustbin of footballing history.

I grew up with *that* milk...

Good shout

I've donated a tenner from Lady onedave's paypal"

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:16   #19
God Member

FANtastic find Haggis, that is the kind of thing that will (I hope) carry us through the 308 barrier.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:44   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
FANtastic find Haggis, that is the kind of thing that will (I hope) carry us through the 308 barrier.
It was on the Spurs unofficial fans blog.

I have publicised the club's plight on the Sheffield Wednesday blog I am member of and the link to SOS.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Old 06-09-2009, 10:04   #21
God Member

Smile Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Top man Haggis, spread the news

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 13:06   #22
Senior Member+

Might not be a bad idea for people to publicise our plight on the official and unofficial blogs of teams we have had gallant losses against in recent years notably QPR, Wolves, Watford and Leicester City. Leicester are also interested in us because of Billy Kee.

If Kenny had still been here Partick fans might have been added to the list.

Might also find that our recent Conference compatriots Dagenham, Aldershot, and Exeter are sympathetic.

Not too sure my efforts with Sheffield Wednesday fans are getting the message across, Read this from a guy who is a moderator:

"by P.C Guru on Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:46 am

This is what happens when clubs make a profit and then spend it all on player recruitment. They should budget properly. Profit=Tax. Unless you have tax losses you can use."

Last edited by Haggis316; 06-09-2009 at 13:09.
Old 06-09-2009, 15:17   #23
Senior Member+

Just an idea . The slips we was giving out yesterday with the numbers to ring and text to donate money . How about putting the slips in the observer?
Old 06-09-2009, 17:13   #24
Senior Member+

As long as the Observer print the details in the paper, we wouldn't have to put the slips inside.
Old 06-09-2009, 17:22   #25
Full Member+

Not much money to give here but my paypal account had a full £63.00 in it that I was saving for a rainy day, its been raining today so its all gone the the SOS fund.

Its only money I suppose, are there gonna be buckets at Turf Moor on Tuesday night I have a jar full of pennys that can go in aswell

Old 06-09-2009, 17:24   #26
Senior Member+

Can you find a bigger signature Gaz? That one only fills half a page!!
Old 06-09-2009, 17:31   #27
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Can you find a bigger signature Gaz? That one only fills half a page!!

Is that better Sir TM?????

You better watch it of i'll get my mate Grimps on ya
Old 06-09-2009, 19:16   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgaz182 View Post
Is that better Sir TM?????

You better watch it of i'll get my mate Grimps on ya
I bet Proccy misses that penalty too
Old 06-09-2009, 20:19   #29
Senior Member+

Wrexham fans debate collecting for Stanley

Collection at Oxford game? - RedPassion.co.uk - Wrexham

Old 06-09-2009, 21:46   #30
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
Might not be a bad idea for people to publicise our plight on the official and unofficial blogs of teams we have had gallant losses against in recent years notably QPR, Wolves, Watford and Leicester City. Leicester are also interested in us because of Billy Kee.

If Kenny had still been here Partick fans might have been added to the list.

Might also find that our recent Conference compatriots Dagenham, Aldershot, and Exeter are sympathetic.

Not too sure my efforts with Sheffield Wednesday fans are getting the message across, Read this from a guy who is a moderator:

"by P.C Guru on Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:46 am

This is what happens when clubs make a profit and then spend it all on player recruitment. They should budget properly. Profit=Tax. Unless you have tax losses you can use."
i've joined one of the meany QPR message boards getting some intrest also put SOS link on we'l just have to wait and see also on Stokes port vale and m/field forums all have the link

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..