Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2009, 23:34   #31

Thumbs up Re: "Save Our Stanley"

As I cant get involved in any fundraising, I've just made my first donation via paypal - 2nd one will come when I get paid again at the end of this month for the same amount - I am very moved to hear all these stories about fans that are not Stanley that are willing to make a donation

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-09-2009, 23:43   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo T Hornblower View Post
As I cant get involved in any fundraising, I've just made my first donation via paypal - 2nd one will come when I get paid again at the end of this month for the same amount - I am very moved to hear all these stories about fans that are not Stanley that are willing to make a donation

Jimbo T blower
yer not on yer own jimbo, even n ignorant sarcastic get like me is moved.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:45   #33

I'm going around asking for sponsors for the sponsored walk to Rochdale, and begging wherever possible for donations to the fund.
One question I'm being continually asked is "If I make a donation or sponsor you, and you don't make the £308,000 needed, what happens to the money?"
Does anybody know? I know it sounds very negative, but it's a question I feel needs answering.
Local Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:27   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Red View Post
I'm going around asking for sponsors for the sponsored walk to Rochdale, and begging wherever possible for donations to the fund.
One question I'm being continually asked is "If I make a donation or sponsor you, and you don't make the £308,000 needed, what happens to the money?"
Does anybody know? I know it sounds very negative, but it's a question I feel needs answering.
It will already have gone to pay towards reducing the debt
Old 07-09-2009, 10:24   #35
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
It will already have gone to pay towards reducing the debt
Or used for the day to day running of the club
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 14:29   #36

It's going in daves back pocket when he then accepts the ASSF money and clears off.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 15:55   #37
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
It's going in daves back pocket when he then accepts the ASSF money and clears off.
It's in a separate bank account for payment to revenue & customs, so he can't put it in his back pocket
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 16:37   #38
God Member

Smile Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Red View Post
The DON answered this question on Friday night (I think it was in the forum, but it may have been a personal question afterwards!) If the S.O.S. was to raise £200K then the tax bill is reduced to £108K. The hope is that that would appease the H.M.R.C. And buy more time! If not then it's down to The DON to deceide which offer to accept, in his words "The best deal for the club"

I would like to look at it another way, what will the club do with the money OVER £308K that is raised?? The DON said it would go to a charity, just not sure which....

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 17:10   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
The DON answered this question on Friday night (I think it was in the forum, but it may have been a personal question afterwards!) If the S.O.S. was to raise £200K then the tax bill is reduced to £108K. The hope is that that would appease the H.M.R.C. And buy more time! If not then it's down to The DON to deceide which offer to accept, in his words "The best deal for the club"

I would like to look at it another way, what will the club do with the money OVER £308K that is raised?? The DON said it would go to a charity, just not sure which....
as it equates approx 38.5K a week fer 8 weeks, i think theres more chance of the pope turning moslem than getting oer that valairian,
Old 07-09-2009, 17:16   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
It's in a separate bank account for payment to revenue & customs, so he can't put it in his back pocket
That's good to know is that the same account the 2 other deposits went in the pay the taxman
Old 07-09-2009, 17:52   #41

Janice at work has organised a whip round for Friday and I've told everyone to bring plenty of money . Janice is doing the walk to Rochdale as well so we'll be sponsoring her.
Old 07-09-2009, 18:27   #42
God Member

Does anyone know if SOS is a registered charity so that the funds raised avoid being taxed?
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 18:31   #43
God Member

Smile Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
as it equates approx 38.5k a week fer 8 weeks, i think theres more chance of the pope turning moslem than getting oer that valairian,

Quote:
ya gotta believe it mate.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 18:48   #44
God Member

Quote:
as it equates approx 38.5K a week fer 8 weeks, i think theres more chance of the pope turning moslem than getting oer that valairian,
a Darlington sell out would be worth around an extra £35k, the Burnley game should be good for £50k so that puts us around a third of the way with six and a bit weeks to go.

There is a worry that once the initial surge of interest has subsided that the donations will slow down but that is why the club haven't released details of everything they intend to do yet.

No doubt a really succesful Sportsman could raise upwards of £25k depending where they hold it.

The sponsored walk needs to be aiming for 100 people and £10k minimum.

Its gonna be slow going watching that thermometer go up but it will. I'm well confident of it hitting 200k and that would hopefully show the taxman that we are good for it.
Old 07-09-2009, 18:51   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
a Darlington sell out would be worth around an extra £35k,

Out of curiosity are all the proceeds of that going to the SOS fund or are they going to take out the average gate and put the rest in ? After all every league match will have an income which has been budgeted for day to day running.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..