Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-10-2009, 22:00   #796
God Member

Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
and there’s always a chance that someone from the local business community might tip in at the final stage of proceedings. from this situation.
From what I can gather I don't think the club is held in high esteem by a lot of local businesses
Old 19-10-2009, 22:08   #797
Senior Member+

Quote:
What ever happens I don’t think the club would let the whole thing collapse over a £50k shortfall.
Well, Doug, from what was reported a couple of weeks ago, I think we know that two of the directors would. Surely the shortfall must be bigger than £50k. All of the club's statements have quoted a loan of £58k - and that assumed the SOS Fund would reach £150k

Quote:
What’s needed now is a long term outlook, how are we going to help the club generate income to help move Accrington Stanley on and away from this situation. Let’s be positive and not be overshadowed by this…..
But we ARE overshadowed by this. It cannot be otherwise - we have one week to ensure that the tax bill is paid. I would love to have a long-term outlook. But I find it difficult to see beyond this week. And assuming we do survive this week, we cannot "generate income to move Accrington Stanley on and away from this situation". The situation will live on until the 'short-term' loan is repaid.

By the way, does anyone know how the sale of 'shares' is going?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2009, 22:12   #798

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
wouldn't have thought there'd be any sales unless there's a club left to sell 'em for
Bradshaw Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2009, 22:14   #799
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
From what I can gather I don't think the club is held in high esteem by a lot of local businesses
Maybe the 'Borough Fathers' at The Town Hall are going to have a last minute 'whip-round' Dave ?....or is their esteem of the limited variety as well...

My tongue is firmly in my cheek as I voice this thought !

'ON !...STANLEY !!...ON!!...TO EVEN GREATER THINGS!!!'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2009, 22:59   #800
Member.

Quote:
Well, Doug, from what was reported a couple of weeks ago, I think we know that two of the directors would. Surely the shortfall must be bigger than £50k. All of the club's statements have quoted a loan of £58k - and that assumed the SOS Fund would reach £150k

But we ARE overshadowed by this. It cannot be otherwise - we have one week to ensure that the tax bill is paid. I would love to have a long-term outlook. But I find it difficult to see beyond this week. And assuming we do survive this week, we cannot "generate income to move Accrington Stanley on and away from this situation". The situation will live on until the 'short-term' loan is repaid.

I think at the end of the day the club is bigger than Mr. O’Neil and the Board, unfortunately they own it. So unless people want to take the same attitude as those alleged to be taken by the two Directors (who remain innocent until proven Guilty) then we have two or three options. Just say **** it and let it roll over and die, trust in the Club (they have more to lose than the rest of us) or have faith and believe that this will pass into history and aim for higher things.

I believe this will pass into history; I believe that we all need to be positive and trust that this matter will be resolved and that we the supporters and the club can agree common ground for the future. Lets talk Stanley Up, lets have faith that they won’t let us down and lets hope that just maybe there is someone out there big enough to step up the plate and be counted.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2009, 23:05   #801
Member.

Quote:
The e-mail I received from the club stated that the finer details were in process of being resolved and that packages would be announced in due course. I get the firm impression that the Club are working hard to get this right first time, and well they should. I am assured that they (the club) via Martin will contact those of us who have expressed an interest when matters are resolve and we can go ahead and purchase.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2009, 23:12   #802
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Nice one macca
Save Stanley (not in the trophy though) Vital Football - Shrewsbury Town
Old 20-10-2009, 08:29   #803
Senior Member+

Quote:
The e-mail I received from the club stated that the finer details were in process of being resolved and that packages would be announced in due course. I get the firm impression that the Club are working hard to get this right first time, and well they should. I am assured that they (the club) via Martin will contact those of us who have expressed an interest when matters are resolve and we can go ahead and purchase.
I thought that the packages had been announced. I was also under the impression that income from the sale of these "shares" could be used to boost the SOS Fund. Ah, well........

I'm starting to feel quite sorry for Rob Heys. In a rare idle moment yesterday, I was tempted to compile a list of his generalisations, clichés and platitudes. But actually, he is in such an invidious position because of the minimal contribution from one co-chairperson (other than unhelpful, nay offensive, comments in a programme and the epic "I assure you that I will not let Accrington Stanley fold again") and the non-existent contribution from the other (hopefully happy and smiling) co-chairperson.

I have noticed that the number of people looking at this forum seems to have declined over the last 48 hours. Maybe I'm not correct here, but that is certainly my impression. If I am correct, does that mean that apathy is starting to take over?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 08:41   #804

come lest give what we can still it all help for this last week . you never say die accy untill we go under then
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 09:38   #805
God Member

Quote:
I thought that the packages had been announced. I was also under the impression that income from the sale of these "shares" could be used to boost the SOS Fund. Ah, well........

Errr...No. That share income will be used to pay off the Directors short-term Loans.

I have noticed that the number of people looking at this forum seems to have declined over the last 48 hours. Maybe I'm not correct here, but that is certainly my impression. If I am correct, does that mean that apathy is starting to take over?
Lets hope it is not the silence before the storm.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 10:06   #806
Full Member+

having read the comments over the last few days,it saddens me to see so many of you being negative. Like most of you I have fingers crossed and truely hope we do come through all this .Unfortunately I feel personal feelings come into these comments.If people have a dislike of David O ,then they give negative comments about him. Personally, I have met both David O and Ilyas K only the once and find them both decent men . Lets be more positive and see what happens.The club is becoming two halves and we do all need to stand together and support whoever gets us through this,no matter who.So lets go to tonights match , enjoy seeing Shrewsbury lose ( hopefully) .This time next week,it should be all over one way or another.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 10:13   #807

I wouldnt say its a dislike to any 1 person but a dislike to the be left in the dark by the club as a whole

A statement from the board would be helpful

although i still believe we will have ASFC come november i just cant work out how at the minute
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 10:23   #808
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
having read the comments over the last few days,it saddens me to see so many of you being negative. Like most of you I have fingers crossed and truely hope we do come through all this .Unfortunately I feel personal feelings come into these comments.If people have a dislike of David O ,then they give negative comments about him. Personally, I have met both David O and Ilyas K only the once and find them both decent men . Lets be more positive and see what happens.The club is becoming two halves and we do all need to stand together and support whoever gets us through this,no matter who.So lets go to tonights match , enjoy seeing Shrewsbury lose ( hopefully) .This time next week,it should be all over one way or another.
Obviously, some people will always whinge, no matter what, but it's easy to stop a lot of the criticism. The club simply need to make the announcement they promised to make last week. Tell us exactly what's going on and how they're going to pay the taxman's bill in eight days time. Broken promises do not make for happy fans!

As for "supporting" the club, I reckon that the vast majority on here support the club to the very best of their ability, turning up to as many matches as they can and contributing as much cash as they can. All the club need to do is tell us what's happening!
Old 20-10-2009, 10:43   #809

maybe there might be a statement into nights programme?
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 11:05   #810
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katei77 View Post
maybe there might be a statement into nights programme?
If there is I would guess it's a 2 week old statement

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..