Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-10-2009, 09:47   #856
Super Moderator

Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Would've been nice if the club had posted a story on t'fishy site explaining what this donation was all about...did Liverpool agree to match what was raised in the bucket collection or what? Would also have been nice if someone from the club could've publicly said "thank you to Liverpool"...but I suppose that would've been too much to ask for.

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 22-10-2009 at 09:49.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-10-2009, 10:42   #857

No word yet on troubled Accrington Stanley’s rescue target (From Lancashire Telegraph)
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2009, 10:44   #858
God Member

i'm all of a sudden very worried again!

they wanted to announce the debt cleared with a couple of weeks to go. They have said the loan is 'sorted' and they have said that the 'directors' would be putting in a hundred grand. Yet they haven't. Is there a problem?
Old 22-10-2009, 10:56   #859

worried?????????

think we have got past that point now!!

its time to really panic!!

my faith in seeing ASFC in november is be very tested now!!!
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2009, 11:24   #860
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Confused is the word ( QUOTE )The shares are available after David Styring sold his 15 per cent shareholding to the club, who will retain five per cent and offer the other 10 per cent to fans. (UNQUOTE ) Were did the money come from to pay Mr Styring out!!WORRIED SICK over this come on David and Rob PLEASE make a statment SOON
Old 22-10-2009, 11:29   #861
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Ferguson hoping for Accrington Stanley survival
Old 22-10-2009, 11:35   #862
Super Moderator

Likewise, Mab!

Time the club levelled with us long-suffering fans and told us exactly what the hell's going on.
Old 22-10-2009, 15:23   #863
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Likewise, Mab!

Time the club levelled with us long-suffering fans and told us exactly what the hell's going on.
But will that ever happen Wyn ??

No word yet on troubled Accrington Stanley’s rescue target
10:00am Thursday 22nd October 2009
Comments (5) Have your say »

By Chris Flanagan »

ACCRINGTON Stanley were remaining tight-lipped yesterday on whether they had yet reached their fund-raising target.

Stanley must return to the High Court in London on Wednesday to face winding up proceedings if they are unable to pay off a £308,000 tax bill.

Chief executive Rob Heys revealed last Tuesday that a plan was in place to pay off the bill and that more details would be released within 48 hours, but no announcement has yet been made.

That has led to fans, encouraged by last week’s comments, growing increasingly concerned again about the club’s future.

When contacted yesterday, joint chairperson Dave O’Neill declined to give an update on Stanley’s current situation ahead of Wednesday’s hearing.

The club have been in negotiations with HM Revenue and Customs in a bid to strike a new deal to pay off the debt, and Stanley have already raised around £110,000 via the Save Our Stanley Fund.

That figure includes the £12,000 generated by last week’s friendly against Blackburn Rovers and Stanley remain confident of taking the fund-raising total up to the £150,000 mark by Wednesday.

Key people inside the club — including Mr Heys and Mr O’Neill — are due to put in £100,000 of their own money, while Stanley last week revealed that they had also agreed a short-term loan of around £50,000 from an as yet unnamed local businessmen.

The club last week announced plans for an issue of 1,000 new shares, which could raise around £250,000 if all are purchased.

The shares are available after David Styring sold his 15 per cent shareholding to the club, who will retain five per cent and offer the other 10 per cent to fans.

I DESPAIR !!!
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2009, 15:29   #864

I saw on the fishy site that if you add your holiday report on realholidayreports.com that £1.00 is donated to the club. After just coming back of a super holiday thought I would add my report, while donating to the club but every time I try and enter my report it says Invalid Input Detected. Wondered if anyone else had tried entering a report? Fortunately, I thought about copying the text before I submitted it so I haven't lost my essay! Will save it as a word document and try again tomorrow.
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2009, 15:53   #865
Senior Member+

I think we must now assume that there is a problem with paying the taxman in full.....

NO way would they leave it to less than a week to sort such a BIG problem out..

SO where NOW ???
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2009, 15:58   #866
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon View Post
I think we must now assume that there is a problem with paying the taxman in full.....

NO way would they leave it to less than a week to sort such a BIG problem out..

SO where NOW ???
The whole tone of the club's recent utterances seems to suggest they are banking on partial payment of the tax bill, and that they have an arrangement to that effect. Scary, or what?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2009, 16:11   #867
God Member

its like playing heads or tails for a football club
Old 22-10-2009, 16:35   #868
God Member

is that called Tossing
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2009, 16:42   #869
God Member

only played by *******
Old 22-10-2009, 17:08   #870
Member.

This is all conjecture and therefore may offend some

My guess would be that the club are trying to negotiate a large down payment i.e. £200k and the remaining £108k plus any fees over the next four quarters. Why? There’s a good chance of the club doing exceptionally well on the pitch over the course of the season and they are thinking that any money held back may facilitate any financial increases in running/player costs etc. It would mean that the bank accounts would look in better health and with the winding order lifted the club would be better placed to raise interest amongst the commercial sector i.e. sponsors.

If they pay in full (and they should) there may be ****** all left in the bank until long term plans like the Share Issue came on stream and the club will end up having to sell the likes of Grant or Symes in order to maintain the club, they themselves could only maintain inward investment from their own pockets for a short period of time.

I’m sorry but the like of the ASSF & ST wouldn’t help in anyway whatsoever over the next three or four years because of the lack of commercial interest; the only way out for us and the club is bums on seats, large gates for a couple of seasons and long term plans like the share issue being a sell out, there will be no big advances from the banks and in current financial climate and I don’t think there will be any large scale investment by a commercial sponsor, reason being there’s no large gate of potential buyers for their products, nor is there the potential for wide scale exposure via the TV or Internet because there’s no full time televised coverage; even radio coverage has no commercial interest for sponsors because we seem to have stopped covering live games under the mistaken belief that it will create smaller gates (bollocks in my view)

Its time to talk the club up I’m afraid, we the supporters, the council, local business that derives income from Stanley, people like Mr. Khan with cash to burn and a willingness to do it and the Club (yes them) need to all pull together, working together to survive.

Mr. O’Neil, current share holders and the Directors have got to take the lead here, yes there will be a need for a degree of openness from them, but we will have to trust them in return, because there is no way we will ever know exactly what’s happening in the club.

Get on with it David.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..