Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-10-2009, 17:44   #871
Resting in Peace

Re: "Save Our Stanley"

All on a knife edge then Doug, if you are right.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-10-2009, 17:47   #872
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
its like playing heads or tails for a football club
It will be heads and balls being lost if the club folds after rejecting Ilyas.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2009, 18:02   #873
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
All on a knife edge then Doug, if you are right.

Has it not been that way forever........this is nothing new, I bet it's been this close before and we never had a clue.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2009, 18:19   #874

Ignorance is bliss
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2009, 19:02   #875
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
Ignorance is bliss

OR just IGNORANT ??
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2009, 20:26   #876
Senior Member+

To say I am very worried now is an understatement. I do not want Rochdale this Saturday to be the last game that Stanley play in the FL. I want a club to support next Friday at Grimsby and the following weeks either home or away in the FA cup and the following Tuesday against our old friends at Bury. If we are save, then I can see us making the area semi in the JPT - FA cup, will just have to wait and see what that brings, but hope for a decent (easy) draw at home and bank the £18k prize money and await the 2nd round. Please Accrington Stanley directors, open up and tell the fans what is happening and when this ball and chain (£308k) will be off our backs.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2009, 21:18   #877

One of the things that literally makes me feel sick is that when\if we come out off this,
the chair-persons, Chief exec and other directors will be looked upon as hero's, the people that saved Accrington Stanley, **Bol**ox**(sorry for that).
All the people that have put over 100,000 of their own money in the Sos fund are\will be the hero's not that group of Lying, self serving Pigs, who have not even got the decency to tell the Real Hero's what is going on. Sorry for the Rant folks.
Old 23-10-2009, 07:42   #878
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Please Accrington Stanley directors, open up and tell the fans what is happening and when this ball and chain (£308k) will be off our backs.

AIDES MEMOIRES ! (And I've got SM's permission to use this Gallic phrase!)...
appear to be of little use by now OO...and Lord knows I've tried my best !!.
But with THAT day imminent....and this game of ;brinkmanship' still being played out before our disbelieving eyes I can do little except resort to another little graphic to express my feelings ......

Is there a Lifeboat anywhere to be seen ??...Will the Loan Ranger ride over the Hill to save the Day ??....Am I the only one who sees The Horizon as being particularly empty this morning...?

My vision includes a few peasants huddled in a corner saying one to the other,,'Is it really true that they can't raise the £100K?'...I can't think what they are alluding to , but it is obviously something near to their Hearts!.

My Red-Coloured Crystal Ball is clouding over thank God!....the images emanating from it are getting too alarming to behold !!.

ps.....Is this going to be a Red-letter Day at last ???'

'ON STANLEY !!!ON!!...TO GREATER THINGS !!!'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2009, 08:42   #879
God Member

I read that Mr O'Niel and ROB HEYS were going todonate 100,000 between them for the cause...Why on earth is ROB HEYS having to dip into his finances to such a degree?? It should be the directors finding the dosh, not the CEO. SHAME ON YOU STANLEY BOARD.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2009, 08:55   #880
Super Moderator

Interesting interview with Luke Joyce (I presume the LET have to do interviews with the players to find something to print, as the board all appear to have been struck dumb)...

Joyce: Stanley crisis has been a worry (From Lancashire Telegraph)

We're all on tenterhooks, but, of course, it must be worrying for the players.

"People deserve to be reassured".
Old 23-10-2009, 09:10   #881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
I read that Mr O'Niel and ROB HEYS were going todonate 100,000 between them for the cause...Why on earth is ROB HEYS having to dip into his finances to such a degree?? It should be the directors finding the dosh, not the CEO. SHAME ON YOU STANLEY BOARD.
Rob is a great guy, but does he have £100k or a big chunk of the figure dont think so. Even if he had is it his job to provide money for the club, no. I think Doug's earlier post is nearer the truth "we have £xxxxK Mr Taxman and a firm promise of the balance to follow. Lets hope this gets resolved and the club can then start to put into action all of the muted money raising schemes, to prevent a repeat of the past few weeks
Long time red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2009, 09:11   #882
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Interesting interview with Luke Joyce (I presume the LET have to do interviews with the players to find something to print, as the board all appear to have been struck dumb)...

Joyce: Stanley crisis has been a worry (From Lancashire Telegraph)

We're all on tenterhooks, but, of course, it must be worrying for the players.

"People deserve to be reassured".
This makes such SAD reading Wyn !!..We tend to forget, with our own little doubts and concerns at the forefront of our minds, that men's livelihoods are dependent if not at stake!, on the machinations (or Not!!.) of The Directors of Accrington Stanley FC.

My concern for the physical and emotional well-being of JC and all the Squad cannot be measured...neither can the high regard I have for the manner in which they have responded to this tragic situation in which they have had no hand whatsoever !!

"People need to be reassured !"...I hope that when reading this News Report that those behaving so disgracefully towards those who really matter will be moved to make an INSTANT and POSITIVE reply !!

'ON STANLEY !!...ON!!...TO EVEN GREATER THINGS !!'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2009, 10:23   #883

i would be suprised if there was any statements now untill after the hearing on wed now they have kept quiet this long
already
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2009, 11:28   #884
God Member

From Official site:-

SOS Fundraising
Thursday 22nd Oct 2009

Realholidayreports.com support the 'Save Our Stanley' campaign

Realholidayreports.com have come up with a fundraising scheme to support Accrington Stanley FC in their ‘Save Our Stanley’ campaign by donating £1 back to the club for every report added onto the website with the code ASFC.

Realholidayreports.com has been proud partners of Accrington Stanley Football Club since 2004, sponsoring the dugouts and several fixtures over the years associated with the club. They have pledged to support Accrington Stanley FC in the SOS fundraising campaign and for every visitor who places a report on a holiday or hotel visit within the last two years and quotes promotional code ‘ASFC’ in the promotional code box at the bottom of the report, Realholidayreports.com will donate £1 back to the club.

The club are asking everyone to take part in posting you most recent holiday reports – this is a way of you helping to raise money in directly and where everyone can get involved. Our initial target is to submit 10,000 reports, therefore £10,000, so please spread the word.

Simply click following link or the logo and fill out your report now…
http://www.realholidayreports.com/AccringtonStanley/

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/

Last edited by VALAIRIAN; 23-10-2009 at 11:30.
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2009, 11:35   #885

Does anyone remember what happened in the days leading up to our last winding up hearing on Sept 2nd.

No..?

Why?

Because Mr O'Neil didn't tell anyone it was happening. Not even his own directors!

He went down to London and pleaded for mercy.

He's done it once already......I believe he is about to do it again.

This time the whole of Accrington and beyond is watching.

Very brave or very foolish!
stanleyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..