Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2009, 16:41   #76
God Member

Re: "Save Our Stanley"

maybe the loanee's may agree to them being added to the sos fund but then it wouldn't be a loan then would it??? shut up Lesley

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-09-2009, 17:13   #77
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Maine Rd.......
Not much there anymore pal
Old 08-09-2009, 17:32   #78
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
How about putting a couple of signs either side of the concessionary turnstiles on the lines of:
SOS
Think before you come in here!
Some season ticket holders are paying full price tonight.
Why not help the club out by joining them?

It would be wrong in my opinion to try and embarrass people into not claiming concessions if they are entitled to it.

Not only wrong, but counter productive as well in my view.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 20:30   #79
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
It would be wrong in my opinion to try and embarrass people into not claiming concessions if they are entitled to it.

Sorry Mike, I agree with Bernard, especially if they are stay away fans making the plunge. I have donated Paypal money, planning to do the Dale walk and many other things in the pipeline, but due to personal reasons I will have to use my ST for at least the next two home games and any kind off sign/message would make me feel like I'm in the wrong.
Old 08-09-2009, 22:11   #80
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post

Agree with Bernard, the worst move of all would be to aleinate people,same goes to the dumbos who call other clubs(think about it) ya need all the friends ya can get to get out of the mire. giving is voluntary NOT an Obligation.
Old 08-09-2009, 22:37   #81

Hi Guys, Shrimper in peace.

Not sure this is the right place but..........

Just had to register to add my support to your SOS Campaign.

As you may know we have a simular winding up order made by the HMRC for unpaid PAYE (Over £690,000) which has to be paid by 28th.Oct.2009, which we are hoping the club will be able to pay.

I have made a small donation to your campaign of £10.00 and have also tried to spread the word with posts and links on some of our forums.

FootballJunkie
Football Junkie - The only place to feed your football addiction

Shrimperzone
Accrington Stanley - ShrimperZone.Com

Ready hope you achieve your target of £308,000 and look forward to seeing Stanley's results for many many seasons to come.

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. YOU are Stanley."
The Big Dady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 23:01   #82
God Member

Smile Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Thanks for the support and post Big Dady

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 23:16   #83
God Member

do you know I can't help but feel a massive whelm of love for all these people who are coming out in support and donating whatever they can... it shows there is still some good in football regardless of the adverse publicity it brings sometimes...

ahhh big hugs everyone...

crikey I have gone soppy

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 23:25   #84

some one needs to put the cup game into sos game list when it is v sbury town
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 23:32   #85
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
do you know I can't help but feel a massive whelm of love for all these people who are coming out in support and donating whatever they can... it shows there is still some good in football regardless of the adverse publicity it brings sometimes...

ahhh big hugs everyone...

crikey I have gone soppy
even cashy has, but sod the hugs.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:17   #86
Junior Member+

Well done to everyone thats donated to the S.O.S. fund but if the "DON" is the succesfull business man he says he is and the savior of Stanley then why has he not put a single penny into the fund. Maybe he is all talk and no cash as many of us now believe. I know it has been said before but where are those missing cheques for £50k, has the "DON" really been looking into it or do we need CSI Accy on the case.
Raggy Thun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:23   #87
Senior Member+

I think you need to be very careful in what you decide to say. This kind of rumour-mongering is harmful to the campaign.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:29   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
The official answer is on its way
Look you've been told the official answer is on it's way

Oh and thanks to Burnley Football Club

Last edited by Shurm; 09-09-2009 at 10:32.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:46   #89
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy Thun View Post
Well done to everyone thats donated to the S.O.S. fund but if the "DON" is the succesfull business man he says he is and the savior of Stanley then why has he not put a single penny into the fund. Maybe he is all talk and no cash as many of us now believe. I know it has been said before but where are those missing cheques for £50k, has the "DON" really been looking into it or do we need CSI Accy on the case.
I think it is time that we stopped making assumptions and accusations. THERE ARE NO MISSING CHEQUES. DON said at the fans forum that the money from the loans was in the bank and if the parties wanted their money back they could have it. These loans were not made specifically to pay the Revenue or for the SOS but were just to help the club through a difficult phase. We are not contributing to the SOS to help DON but to help save Accrington Stanley and this must be our main objective. All these accusations can only be harmful to the SOS, so let's all pull together and forget our differences until the eight weeks are up, and then if it all goes wrong we can express our bad feelings and if it all goes right we can give ourselves a pat on the back and get back to what we do best - MOANING
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:31   #90

Well said, however when are we getting the answer to where the money is going if we are unsuccessful in raising the 308k I thought the answer was on it's way? People are asking as they donate money if the club folds (which it won't hopefully) were will the money go ? Charity ? Give the tax man what we have ? People want answers sorryto ask again.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..