Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-10-2009, 10:03   #901
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Well i now do believe that the red mist is clearing and the Taxman will be a happy chap "come wednesday!!!and all stanley fans were ever they may be, will be singing and dancing in the streets as the club moves on to brighter future under the leadership of Mr O'Neil and the rest of the board
So what made you change your mind?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-10-2009, 18:43   #902
God Member

Question Re: "Save Our Stanley"

90%??? Though some are very assured???

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/

Last edited by VALAIRIAN; 24-10-2009 at 18:46.
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2009, 19:57   #903
Senior Member+

According to a certain photographer on Facebook, Rob Heys has stated on Radio Lancashire that the club are to contact HMRC on Monday with a view to paying off the whole amount of £308k. Lets hope this really happens and we can all breathe again.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2009, 21:12   #904
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
According to a certain photographer on Facebook, Rob Heys has stated on Radio Lancashire that the club are to contact HMRC on Monday with a view to paying off the whole amount of £308k. Lets hope this really happens and we can all breathe again.
lets hope thats the case, if so, i find it really galling that he has not announced it to those who have been pulling their tripe out, n donating etc etc, via the fishy site.
Old 24-10-2009, 21:32   #905
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
lets hope thats the case, if so, i find it really galling that he has not announced it to those who have been pulling their tripe out, n donating etc etc, via the fishy site.
Cashy...'Benvenido a casa' .. BUT honestly would you really expect HE/THEM to show that sort of respect for the ones who have 'saved their bacon ?...'

'WHAT ME WORRY ??'...Just for the moment YES I DO !!!.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2009, 21:38   #906
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post

Cashy...'Benvenido a casa' .. BUT honestly would you really expect HE/THEM to show that sort of respect for the ones who have 'saved their bacon ?...'

'WHAT ME WORRY ??'...Just for the moment YES I DO !!!.
in a word mate NO. ta fer welcome home.
Old 24-10-2009, 23:07   #907
Super Moderator

So...the Don's dropped a few hints to various walkers, Rob's gone on Radio Lancashire, but there's nowt on t'fishy site. Has anybody checked the Jewish Chronicle today?

'ow do, Cashy, welcome back to the madhouse!
Old 25-10-2009, 13:41   #908
God Member

I spoke to Rob Heys at the legends game today and asked Him outright if He did say tht the bill would be paid on Monday, as everyone has been told via facebook, His reply, and I quote , was ' We are HOPEFUL', when asked if He could guarantee payment would be made he said 'guarantee?, no'.

The reports of our salvation seem a little premature, as I dont think Rob would have held back if we were indeed 'safe' as some seem to think.

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 14:32   #909
Member.

I think Rob will have been just careful ahead of any real announcement Pete; according to a couple of bods on facebook these’s issues haven’t even been discussed/disclosed to employees of the club so I would sincerely doubt that too much would be said before Monday.

Being realistic would Rob and the other people in the know be so claim if it was going tits up. We have one of the best teams in years and a real chance of progress so I’m no longer worried, if we were in the real piggy **** I think someone would have broke ranks long before now.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 14:50   #910
God Member

Its going to be a botty squeak next few days so hope its quiet on wed i may be in a mood lol

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 14:53   #911
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
according to a couple of bods on facebook these’s issues haven’t even been discussed/disclosed to employees of the club so I would sincerely doubt that too much would be said before Monday.

Another internet forum where people 'CLAIM' to know more than they really do. Is Facebook the MI6 of Accyweb's MI5 ?
Old 25-10-2009, 15:32   #912

Come what may on Wednesday, it is time for the supporters to make a concerted effort to get O'Neill and Heys out!
The only thing they have done for the club in the last eight weeks is to push this club deeper in debt.

If the club does survive, it is due solely to the efforts of the supporters and the generous public of East Lancs,, and afar.

Let us say to ONeill and Heys,

GO NOW!
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 16:21   #913

Have you been drinking ?
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 16:31   #914

sherry u go now. only 5 post by now
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 16:56   #915
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
I spoke to Rob Heys at the legends game today and asked Him outright if He did say tht the bill would be paid on Monday, as everyone has been told via facebook, His reply, and I quote , was ' We are HOPEFUL', when asked if He could guarantee payment would be made he said 'guarantee?, no'.

The reports of our salvation seem a little premature, as I dont think Rob would have held back if we were indeed 'safe' as some seem to think.
But does this mean that it might be safe for me to book my old room at The California Bar in Downtown Grimsby Cowboy ?...

They're expecting me !!.

( And Alfred.E.!)

'ON STANLEY !!!....ON !!...TO EVEN GREATER THINGS !!'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..