Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2009, 13:57   #121
Resting In Peace

Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Like others Jeff, and in no way am I leaping to his defence !. Mr (or is it Mrs? Thun sadly has a head full of facts and figures which, accurate or not' are clouding his (or Her!) vision of the true scenario facing EVERYONE at this particular moment.
I dont think that anyone knows the true scenario, so all I am asking is let's stop speculating about things until we have, hopefully, got rid of this debt. Let's give DON a chance and if by the end of the eight weeks we haven't got the money, DON said that he would consider all options and that he wouldn't let Stanley go out of business.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-09-2009, 14:31   #122
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
I dont think that anyone knows the true scenario, so all I am asking is let's stop speculating about things until we have, hopefully, got rid of this debt. Let's give DON a chance and if by the end of the eight weeks we haven't got the money, DON said that he would consider all options and that he wouldn't let Stanley go out of business.
I totally agree Jeff!!.....Nothing else to say!!....Although.....???

'ON STANLEY!!...ON!!!.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 15:14   #123
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Nothing else to say!!....Although.....???

'ON STANLEY!!...ON!!!.
disagree, i say FOCUS on SAVING EM. nowt else.
Old 10-09-2009, 15:26   #124
Junior Member+

saving the club is all that matters, everything else can be put on hold
Paul Keeble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 15:57   #125
God Member

Smile Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Save our Stanley
Thursday 10th Sep 2009

Friday night match to boost fund
Accrington Stanley have vowed to put all money received at Friday night's match against Darlington into the Save our Stanley survival fund.

A number of supporters groups from other clubs are coming along to the game to show their backing for the Save our Stanley campaign, and some season ticket holders have suggested paying at the turnstiles rather than using their vouchers.

In response the club's stewards have volunteered to work for free for the evening, and to take it a step further the club have asked all match day staff and employees to consider donating a day's wage to the fund, in effect meaning that everyone will be working for free on Friday.

Speaking about the game chief executive Rob Heys said "It will be a great night for Accrington Stanley, again it is another encouraging show of support from around the footballing world with fans of other clubs coming along to our match, and a fantastic gesture from any season ticket holder who chooses to pay at the turnstiles, though we aren't pushing this as a club though as they have in effect already paid their admission over the summer.

"The stewards came to us and offered to work for free and we have had a great response to our request that all other staff might consider donating a days wage to the fund, including all the match day staff, the people that work here at the club full time, and even the players and the management team.

"With so much going on at the game centrered around the survival fund and what should hopefully be a good attendance with minimal outgoings we have taken the decision to put all receipts from the match into the survival fund."

Accrington Stanley entertain Darlington at the Crown Ground on Friday 11th September, kick off 7.45pm.

Better late than never

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 16:05   #126
God Member

Great move by Stanley

Save our Stanley
Thursday 10th Sep 2009

Golden turnstile on Friday night
Both the Clayton Terrace and the Main Stand will have a Golden Turnstile for the match against Darlington on Friday evening, for any season ticket holder wishing to pay instead of using their voucher or any supporter who will consider paying above and beyond the standard price of match day admission.

All going through the turnstile will receive a raffle ticket and at half time there will be a draw on the pitch, with the winner receiving a signed shirt, and two runners up prizes of hospitality for two in the Buy-the-House Lounge at a future game and a mascot package.

There have been suggestions made to the club that both ideas may be of interest to supporters, and so we would like to offer something back to those who choose to do so.

Old 10-09-2009, 16:17   #127
Resting in Peace

I think those who are rocking the boat a bit and not concentrating on the main issue can''t have been around he last time Stanley were in this predicament, the time to ask questions is when the taxman has been sent on his way, not now. Lets just hope that in 7 weeks time the club is still here to ask questions about, as I've said I was around when the front door was closed on Peel Park, it wasn't good for the area whether you were a Stanley supporter or not, just concentrate on making sure it doesn't happen again
Old 10-09-2009, 16:30   #128
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

taken this bit of a thread on stoke citys forum...I'll be there on Friday (for the second time in a couple of weeks). what a good man he is ive pm'd to wear his colours for the game..think we need a bigger stadium MRT....
Old 10-09-2009, 18:05   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I think those who are rocking the boat a bit and not concentrating on the main issue can''t have been around he last time Stanley were in this predicament, the time to ask questions is when the taxman has been sent on his way, not now. Lets just hope that in 7 weeks time the club is still here to ask questions about, as I've said I was around when the front door was closed on Peel Park, it wasn't good for the area whether you were a Stanley supporter or not, just concentrate on making sure it doesn't happen again
Spot on lets all get behind the sos appeal ask questions later solidarity is what is needed for the next 7 weeks
hasyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 18:14   #130
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasyred View Post
Spot on lets all get behind the sos appeal ask questions later solidarity is what is needed for the next 7 weeks
A commonsense approach I feel

Old 10-09-2009, 19:31   #131

if offer to buy the club for £308,000
ossygaz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 21:10   #132
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossygaz123 View Post
if offer to buy the club for £308,000
Sorry mate, but the club is not for sale, read article in Evening Telegraph. 2 offers already made and turned down flat.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 21:30   #133
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=VALAIRIAN;744095]Save our Stanley
Thursday 10th Sep 2009

Accrington Stanley entertain Darlington at the Crown Ground on Friday 11th September, kick off 7.45pm.

Can I just alter the tack for a moment ?, and direct everyone's thoughts towards John Coleman, Jimmy Bell, and the great bunch of Lads we know as 'OUR Team!'.

With all that is going on around them, and all that is expected of them tomorrow night against Darlington, they must be under tremendous pressure.
Not only to win the match and secure three more points, but also to continue to convince everyone that the fight for the survival of Accrington Stanley is one which all should be proud to be involved in wherever possible.

So my admiration for the Management and Players of Accrington Stanley continues to grow, and these old eyes will glow with pride as they walk out tomorrow night. and I'll shout.....

'ON STANLEY!!...ON!!'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 22:41   #134
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

[QUOTE=yonmon;744256]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Save our Stanley
Thursday 10th Sep 2009

Can I just alter the tack for a moment ?, and direct everyone's thoughts towards John Coleman, Jimmy Bell, and the great bunch of Lads we know as 'OUR Team!'.

With all that is going on around them, and all that is expected of them tomorrow night against Darlington, they must be under tremendous pressure.
Not only to win the match and secure three more points, but also to continue to convince everyone that the fight for the survival of Accrington Stanley is one which all should be proud to be involved in wherever possible.

So my admiration for the Management and Players of Accrington Stanley continues to grow, and these old eyes will glow with pride as they walk out tomorrow night. and I'll shout.....

'ON STANLEY!!...ON!!'
and so says cashy.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:21   #135

i may be posting in the wrong area,sorry if i iam but wasnt so sure where to post but here is my question about the SOS fund my daughter who is 9yrs old offered her piggy bank to me when we(mum and dad)set off for the ASFC v BFC game,she had bagged it up and ever drew a picture for good luck,but as we were rushing,leaving clitheroe at 7 1o pm for 7 45 kick off isnt good lol,any how i left it in the car!!i know bad mummy!can i take her along to the ground or call in the crown with her to donate her piggy bank?
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..