Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-01-2017, 16:21   #31
God Member

Re: Scott Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
Seem to remember someone in the 60s saying something like what if Jesus came too Liverpool, reply was put St John on the wing.
Back in Paul Mullin's heyday I had a t.shirt printed with 'Jesus Saves' . . . . . . . but Mullin scores on the rebound'
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-01-2017, 16:33   #32
Full Member+

My thoughts are on Beccles in centre midfield is this. He is a big lad with a good football brain and is quick-footed and cool under pressure. With the Don on the right wing it would offer a better outlet to a quality player with vision. we have plenty to fill in at the back and we may be able to support the usual lone striker up front. we seem to condense our play on the left which is so predictable. The don would offer a system of wide play we don't seem to play enough of. just think back when we played Piero and Jonno on the wing, we were effective and dangerous when we played wide to these players. how often do we see the passing across the pitch via 3/4 players instead of the quick long pass? we don't seem to look up quick enough and too many don't take responsibility for having a shot on goal. Beccles in the centre would spread the play much better and the Don would supply quality balls into the area. The other players can play around that system. The defence can be bolstered with Hughes holding the line with a combination of players. the Players on loan from Hull would be a great pairing in any position. they are both very quick compared to some of our players. Maybe a bit too quick. but again we have the raw ingredients it is up to the chef to make something of them.
Lord Didsbury likes this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2017, 18:16   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
Seem to remember someone in the 60s saying something like what if Jesus came too Liverpool, reply was put St John on the wing.

Would you really want to supply the cross for Jesus?

Old 19-01-2017, 18:36   #34
Senior Member+

Chrisr
Why would the two Hull lads play alongside each other ? Ones an out and out striker the other an out and out centre half ! How do you know they're both very quick ? Maybe you can comment on Edwards ......
AccyMad likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2017, 20:35   #35
God Member

I presumed he meant a pairing in the team, not on the same part of the pitch.
cashman and Chrisr like this.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2017, 08:39   #36
God Member

we need to try something quickly as the same old system for me is broken.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2017, 12:11   #37
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Chrisr
Why would the two Hull lads play alongside each other ? Ones an out and out striker the other an out and out centre half ! How do you know they're both very quick ? Maybe you can comment on Edwards ......
Both on the pitch at the same time. The centre half is very quick, the striker needs a strong quality supplier, ie the Don. We are very predictable to play against and this is a deepening worry. If the players mentioned are allowed to play then we may just turn things around. Can anybody see a win coming from the current tactics? We need to try something completely different. We have come very close on many occasions yet we can't seem to finish the job. when we played Plymouth for a great deal of the match we were the better team but as usual nobody would risk having a shot on goal. This has to change.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 20-01-2017, 12:15   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

as far as i'm concerned,our current tactics are very poor, considering the players we have playing em. i fail to understand why some cant see it?
Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.
Old 20-01-2017, 12:24   #39

' the striker needs a strong quality supplier, ie the Don'

Is Donacien's delivery that good?

Where are you suggesting Donacien plays- on the wing?

If so would he have the ability to beat a man/make space enough to get the ball in the box from the wing?
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2017, 13:10   #40

From Wikipedia

"Usually a centre back, he is also capable of playing at right back and right wing back."
Chrisr likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2017, 13:30   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
I presumed he meant a pairing in the team, not on the same part of the pitch.
Should have thought twas obvious to those with some intelligence.
Old 20-01-2017, 14:26   #42
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Morse View Post
' the striker needs a strong quality supplier, ie the Don'

Is Donacien's delivery that good?

Where are you suggesting Donacien plays- on the wing?

If so would he have the ability to beat a man/make space enough to get the ball in the box from the wing?
The Don has a great delivery which is not seen enough due to him playing in his current position. I believe he would be a good attacking winger who can find the pace and quality to take on people and pass a good ball into the centre of the box. He should play on the right wing to afford the play to be spread wide. He would be playing with players who know where their outlets are without having to spend valuable time looking around. communication is second nature to some of these players. Whatever happens this weekend is a very challenging game for us and could be the turning point or the final collapse. it is that serious.
Old 20-01-2017, 14:30   #43

"Usually a centre back, he is also capable of playing at right back and right wing back."

Are we thinking 3 at the back with wing backs pushing on?
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2017, 14:57   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Should have thought twas obvious to those with some intelligence.
Shall we compare qualifications Cashman ?
His comment was ambiguous to say the least.
By the way how does he know how fast this centre half loanee is ?
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2017, 15:42   #45
Junior Member+

I've read some strange things in my time but to suggest playing a centre back who's never played in midfield to then play there is pretty ridiculous. If JC did that I'm sure the majority of you would be ready to come down on him like a tonne of bricks. As for the suggestion of Janoi right wing, he's doing pretty well at right back and has also never played right wing. But if in doubt why don't we just throw anyone anywhere, Rommy in goal Mark Hughes on the wing and Seamus up front. Sounds good to me?👍
AccyMad likes this.
AccyStan1962 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..