Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-01-2015, 18:18   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: sean maguire

Pray tell me when his form was high football19? apart from odd spells during few games that is.
Old 22-01-2015, 18:19   #17

I would agree, he did OK in some games but could be invisible in others. Again it's because he isn't an out and out striker, more like an attacking wide midfielder. the problem is we have that position covered well enough with what we have.

I don't think we missed him much in the cup games when he couldn't play. Possibly, like Crooks, he may be far better in his preferred position but can we afford to play an out of sorts player because we can't afford to drop him.

If it does come to pass I hope he plays a blinder and proves us all wrong though.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2015, 19:16   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Pray tell me when his form was high football19? apart from odd spells during few games that is.
I said he did ok ! .
Taking everything into consideration,new team,different style,first proper loan spell,thought he didn't crumble ( like some I've seen)
Hardest position (forward) to make an impact as defenders in league two (in the main)are experienced pros.
Because of who we are,we will not get the top end of the loanees on offer,so we have to hope we drop on a good one now and then (jonno springs to mind)
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2015, 19:19   #19
God Member

That's fair enough, F19, but not when someone who appears to have no more ability than Stanley's own players appears to get an automatic place .
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2015, 19:30   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
That's fair enough, F19, but not when someone who appears to have no more ability than Stanley's own players appears to get an automatic place .
Thats my thoughts exactly.
Old 22-01-2015, 19:47   #21
Senior Member+

Who would you play in that number ten role ?,McCarten?,then you play either grey or carver up top.
Already mentioned Buxton as a dark horse
Old 22-01-2015, 19:57   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Who would you play in that number ten role ?,McCarten?,then you play either grey or carver up top.
Already mentioned Buxton as a dark horse
The point being to me is the fact Gray @ Carver are our own lads n certainly do not merit leaving out whilst a lad on loan, who aint consistent, by any stretch,is playing regular.
Old 22-01-2015, 20:03   #23
Senior Member+

We are skint
If we dont play Maguire, we have to pay his wages
What dont you understand cashman?

West Ham are not a charity, they only allow Maguire to go on loan to get experience and improve, he wont do either if he is on the bench.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2015, 20:19   #24
Senior Member+

That's were we differ Cashy,I am not bothered who's contracted to the club,it's all about what they do when they put the red shirt on !.
I am lead to believe that none of our loanees have clauses stating they play or we have to pay,so that's a myth.(Richardson was the last I was aware of)
I like grey,but he has to stop going to ground to easily and again he did it again against Tranmere and turned over possession when in a good area.
I have been aware of carver from a sixteen year old,I even went watching him a couple of times when he went out on loan.
For me he's not fulfilled his early promise (possibly due not having a decent run in the team).
He's got the raw tools to progress,but what jumps out to me is he's lost a yard of pace.
I always had him done for a bit of a speedster,but the last few full games he played he got away but was quickly reeled in.
If I noticed that,then the coaches must have.
If I had a bit of advice,it would be get his spikes on and get his half yard back whilst hitting the gym and bulk up a little.
He's got the rest (passing/movement/receiving/shooting/heading)
I am not being disrespectful,just my opinion,as I said before,forwards are like gold dust
DAV007 likes this.
Old 22-01-2015, 20:28   #25
Senior Member+

football 19, im told they all have the clause except for Barry and the Chesterfield GK, none more so than the keeper we had on loan from QPR who had to start
Old 22-01-2015, 20:31   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
football 19, im told they all have the clause except for Barry and the Chesterfield GK, none more so than the keeper we had on loan from QPR who had to start
Not what I've been told !!!
Old 22-01-2015, 20:39   #27
Senior Member+

Is Mr.T allowed to shed some light?

Im not saying your wrong football 19, but 3 different people have told me thats what they have heard but it didnt apply to Barry's loan deal.
Old 22-01-2015, 20:59   #28
Senior Member+

I sure we wouldn't be so naive to accept them terms, I maybe wrong,but I would amazed as the better young loanees are at first div,championship clubs followed by larger second division clubs !!
mab likes this.
Old 22-01-2015, 21:37   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Is Mr.T allowed to shed some light?

Im not saying your wrong football 19, but 3 different people have told me thats what they have heard but it didnt apply to Barry's loan deal.
The three wise men are;

DAV1.....DAV2 & DAV3 He talks to himself as all the ignore buttons are on !!!
smudgie likes this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2015, 21:50   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
The three wise men are;

DAV1.....DAV2 & DAV3 He talks to himself as all the ignore buttons are on !!!
Don't keep quoting him please. I was enjoying the lack of nonsense with the ignore button but it shows if you quote it.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..