Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree438Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-09-2011, 11:30   #151
Senior Member+
 

Re: Sean Mc

My fear is we dont have any real pace(apart from maybe fletcher),to go direct,as teams are getting wise to our passing game.
football19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-09-2011, 11:33   #152
Senior Member+
 

Re: Sean Mc

Cashy,how many league 2 midfielders scored more?,not many,if any !!
football19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 13:20   #153
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: Sean Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Cashy,how many league 2 midfielders scored more?,not many,if any !!
Not disputing that fact, he certainly was improved from previous, but the rest of his play including consistency left much to be desired, if we are to progress,its my opinion the only one of those who departed who is missed big time,is Jimmy Ryan, i would love stanley to improve n its my opinion those players Ryan excepted, would not improve us.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 16:39   #154
Member
 

Re: Sean Mc

cashman you must be on another planet if you think the likes off mcconville,gornell,jacobson,edwards an cisak wudnt improve are team any off these players would walk straight into are starting 11 at the moment! an i disagree with you over mcconville he was joint top goalscorer an was top off the assists table last season! me personally would take him back tomorrow along with the other 5 i have mentioned.
pidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 17:48   #155
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: Sean Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge View Post
cashman you must be on another planet if you think the likes off mcconville,gornell,jacobson,edwards an cisak wudnt improve are team any off these players would walk straight into are starting 11 at the moment! an i disagree with you over mcconville he was joint top goalscorer an was top off the assists table last season! me personally would take him back tomorrow along with the other 5 i have mentioned.
no your on another planet sunshine, i said improve us, not remain static, the team this season is as good defensivly, its attacking midfielders were short of, only ryan could consistently improve that sector, M,cConville could only occasionally, if yeh can't see that S.W.Allen are much better n Specsavers.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 17:50   #156
Senior Member+
 

Re: Sean Mc

Can see were your coming from Cashy,but these are young lads,and i firmly believe they will get better,just wished it would have been at Acci.
Sean had numerous faults,but all these were fixable(coleys no mug).
Previous season 1 goal,following season 13 goals and leading assists suggests he was improving(if he stayed could have been looking at 20 !).
I have always been Ryan fan,and watched his career unfold over the last 10 years,but I would say Gornell is the one we miss most at present,as holding the ball up is key to the system we play.
football19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 18:26   #157
God Member
 
shakermaker's Avatar
 

Re: Sean Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
the team this season is as good defensivly
Sorry Cashy, have to disagree there. At this point last season we'd conceded just one goal as opposed to the eleven we've conceded so far this season. Also I'd have Joe Jacobson over Kevin McIntyre any day of the week. We're really weak in that position.

In footballing terms I'd also have Cisak, Edwards, McConville, Ryan and Gornell back in a heartbeat. It was a really well blended and balanced, not to mention fantastically technically gifted team, and the difference this season is hard to watch sometimes.

However as long as they all put in 100% and show determination to create chances and win for 90 minutes (unlike on Saturday) then I'll be happy.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 18:49   #158
God Member
 
VALAIRIAN's Avatar
 

Smile Re: Sean Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Sorry Cashy, have to disagree there. At this point last season we'd conceded just one goal as opposed to the eleven we've conceded so far this season. Also I'd have Joe Jacobson over Kevin McIntyre any day of the week. We're really weak in that position.

In footballing terms I'd also have Cisak, Edwards, McConville, Ryan and Gornell back in a heartbeat. It was a really well blended and balanced, not to mention fantastically technically gifted team, and the difference this season is hard to watch sometimes.

However as long as they all put in 100% and show determination to create chances and win for 90 minutes (unlike on Saturday) then I'll be happy.
Quick check back Shaker, I think it was 7, plus Newcastle?? We are not strong at the back, McIntyre ain't no left back...
__________________







308
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 18:55   #159
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: Sean Mc

oh i can agree wi jacobsen oer Mcintyre shaker, but even that wouldn't take us forward imho, Phil i had much time for, but fer all his effort,his distribution wasn't the best,Cisak to me is no better n Murdoch, anyway i'm off to bed shortly,leaving early morning, when i return mid October i fully expect the reds to have much improved there position, only time will tell,
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 18:57   #160
God Member
 
shakermaker's Avatar
 

Re: Sean Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Quick check back Shaker, I think it was 7, plus Newcastle?? We are not strong at the back, McIntyre ain't no left back...
I'm only going off League games mate.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 19:06   #161
God Member
 
fc:stanley's Avatar
 

Re: Sean Mc

This thread is well past its sell by date.

We should all agree that Shaun Mc is a money grabbing waste of space that we should forget about!
__________________

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 19:18   #162
God Member
 
VALAIRIAN's Avatar
 

Smile Re: Sean Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
I'm only going off League games mate.
Fair play Shaker, but we have played 2 games less
__________________







308
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 20:23   #163
Senior Member+
 

Re: Sean Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
My fear is we dont have any real pace(apart from maybe fletcher),to go direct,as teams are getting wise to our passing game.
From what I have seen, we have two players with real pace. Nat Taylor and Kurtis Guthrie. I know that Taylor has been suspended but I think that these two could give defenders something different to think about instead of our sometimes ponderous approach play.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 20:53   #164
God Member
 
shakermaker's Avatar
 

Re: Sean Mc

Kurtis? Pace? Really?? Sorry, I haven't seen any evidence of that. I see a player who's made a massive step and not fit enough for the Football League. I think he's a talented lad though. I hope we can get him upto scratch.

Last edited by shakermaker; 21-09-2011 at 20:55.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 20:58   #165
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: Sean Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Kurtis? Pace? Really?? Sorry, I haven't seen any evidence of that. I see a player who's made a massive step and not fit enough for the Football League. I think he's a talented lad though. I hope we can get him upto scratch.
agree,whilst i think the kid will develop. milk turns quicker.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 19:35.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.44195 seconds with 12 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1