Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1063Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-09-2011, 21:22   #166
Senior Member+

Re: Sean Mc

agree with shaker ,Gutherie may have shown a turn of pace playing parks football in Jersey,but at this level hes not,indeed i cant recall him beating anyone with pace alone.
He needs to get his spikes on and get some serious sprint training done to get upto speed to progress
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-09-2011, 22:48   #167
Senior Member+

It's a pity that the iplayer is no longer available as evidence, but the only Stanley player to give effective chase to Southend's Dickinson when they scored that second goal was Guthrie - and he almost caught him. I think we may have forgotten that.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 22:51   #168
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
indeed i cant recall him beating anyone with pace alone.
A bit like Gornell, then. Or McConville? Or, dare I say it, Craney?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 23:31   #169

Gornell an mcconville both have more pace than guthrie who doesn't offer much really but is only young an learning his trade so I will reserve judgement!! I just don't see we're the goals are going to come from I really don't which is a massive worry!! Maybe we we're treated last year to some off the best footballers we have seen at this club an now should be happy with league 2 status at the end of this season.
pidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2011, 07:29   #170
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge View Post
Maybe we we're treated last year to some off the best footballers we have seen at this club an now should be happy with league 2 status at the end of this season.
What were you realistically hoping for? Automatic promotion? Play-offs again?
If Stanley are still in League 2 at the end of this season it'll be a successful season in my eyes.
Old 22-09-2011, 09:34   #171
Resting In Peace

McConville had an offer from a Conference club and he took it. How many Football League clubs made him an offer ? If he is as good as some people think then Football League clubs would have been queuing up to sign him. As I said before - he has found his level.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2011, 12:14   #172
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
What were you realistically hoping for? Automatic promotion? Play-offs again?
If Stanley are still in League 2 at the end of this season it'll be a successful season in my eyes.
Amen to that, brother.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2011, 16:09   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
McConville had an offer from a Conference club and he took it. How many Football League clubs made him an offer ? If he is as good as some people think then Football League clubs would have been queuing up to sign him. As I said before - he has found his level.
Are you his agent? How do you know if he did or didn't? We can dress it up however you like, but stats show he was one of our most productive players last season and had ability in abundance. A lot more effective than most give him credit for and possesses great technical ability. Whether he regrets the move now I don't know, but he'd walk into this side and many more at this level with his football brain and ability.
Joey31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2011, 17:22   #174
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey31
Are you his agent? How do you know if he did or didn't? We can dress it up however you like, but stats show he was one of our most productive players last season and had ability in abundance. A lot more effective than most give him credit for and possesses great technical ability. Whether he regrets the move now I don't know, but he'd walk into this side and many more at this level with his football brain and ability.
Did nurse not administer your medication today?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2011, 17:34   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Did nurse not administer your medication today?
Wow, constructive reply.
Joey31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2011, 17:44   #176
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Amen to that, brother.
Seconded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2011, 18:09   #177
Senior Member+

I think 99.9% of us all agree a superb season is to avoid relegation, despite last season's heroic effort.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 09:17   #178
Senior Member+

I agree with that smudge.It happened to morecambe last season,playoffs the previous season,then struggled the following one.
As long as the lads give us there all,we cant complain after last seasons rollercoaster ride.
Acci are always going to build teams on potential rather than proven players,basically because of the money being offered.
Some players dont attain the potential expected,some do and they cash in.
In a way it gives the fans something to look forward each season,and watch players develop (and hammer them if they dont perform !!!).
Better than being a glory hunter following the man utds etc... imho.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 09:45   #179
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
I agree with that smudge.It happened to morecambe last season,playoffs the previous season,then struggled the following one.
As long as the lads give us there all,we cant complain after last seasons rollercoaster ride.
Acci are always going to build teams on potential rather than proven players,basically because of the money being offered.
Some players dont attain the potential expected,some do and they cash in.
In a way it gives the fans something to look forward each season,and watch players develop (and hammer them if they dont perform !!!).
Better than being a glory hunter following the man utds etc... imho.
Great post, Football!
Just a shame more people in Accy don't buy into it. Ash is even struggling to get a viable number for the coach to Oxford, and the Ultra's ranks seem to me to be depleting every week.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 10:15   #180
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey31 View Post
I don't think you need much of a football brain and ability to dance around in the centre circle for half of a game. I will say it again - he has found his level. He dumped Stanley to join Stockport and I wouldn't want him back again.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..