Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1063Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-09-2011, 10:31   #181
Senior Member+

Re: Sean Mc

There is no coach running to Oxford Redraine

Ive set aside 7-8 away games this year, with Oxford being 1 of them, as I simply cannot afford all the long distance games this year.

With Bury, Rochdale etc all going up, and the likes of Crawley, Plymouth, Dagenham coming into League 2 its proving too much expense for me to do them all.

I will be doing Macc, Morecambe, Bradford, Wimbledon, Torquay and maybe a couple of others.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-09-2011, 14:37   #182

have 2 agree with football19 an joey31 in that mcconville was technically one off our best players last season an doesnt get the credit he deserved,wasnt he 1 off the best finishers at the club last season! i also recall him saying in an interview for stockport he could have signed for gillingham an a couple off others in league 2 but was reluctant to move away with having a small family to think about! i think he made a bad decision in goin to stockport but i dont think we have seen the back off him yet! i for one would welcome him back tomorrow, think hes a young kid whos made a bad decision which i can forgive.
pidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 14:52   #183
God Member

Exclamation Re: Sean Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Great post, Football!
Just a shame more people in Accy don't buy into it. Ash is even struggling to get a viable number for the coach to Oxford, and the Ultra's ranks seem to me to be depleting every week.
The loss of that grey haired maniac has not helped....

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2011, 09:20   #184
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge View Post
technically
I wonder if you could explain what this means.

Ability to control a football?
Ability to head a football, preferably in a predetermined direction?
Ability to control the weight and direction of a pass?
Ability to time a tackle?
Ability/vision to anticipate a pass from a colleague?
Ability/vision to anticipate a pass by an opposition player?

I may be in a minority but I find it difficult to associate Sean McConville with many of these.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2011, 15:42   #185
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
I wonder if you could explain what this means.

Ability to control a football?
Ability to head a football, preferably in a predetermined direction?
Ability to control the weight and direction of a pass?
Ability to time a tackle?
Ability/vision to anticipate a pass from a colleague?
Ability/vision to anticipate a pass by an opposition player?

I may be in a minority but I find it difficult to associate Sean McConville with many of these.
No, you're right. He had no ability. Each one of his goals and every assist he made was a total fluke. I heard he doesn't even know how to tie his bootlaces. Terrible, terrible player. How did he ever get a contract anywhere? Don't even get me started on that Messi chap... waste of space.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2011, 16:18   #186
Resting in Peace

[quote=shakermaker;935771]No, you're right. He had no ability. Each one of his goals and every assist he made was a total fluke. I heard he doesn't even know how to tie his bootlaces. Terrible, terrible player. How did he ever get a contract anywhere? Don't even get me started on that Messi chap... waste of space.[M

Messi and McConville in the same sentence - ha ha ha!
Poor lad was taken off at 52 mins today with a suspected broken collarbone. Hope it mends soon.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2011, 12:09   #187

Quote:
Great post, Football!
Just a shame more people in Accy don't buy into it. Ash is even struggling to get a viable number for the coach to Oxford, and the Ultra's ranks seem to me to be depleting every week.

There is still much interest for following stanley, but a couple of reasons are why the travel is still poor i think..

1 being like smudge said the distance of games, every other week your travellin 3 hours plus, and money is tight now a days with everyone

2 being the team (as yet) hasnt done as well as last year and theres no 2 ways about it people watch winning football, and when doing not so well the crowds are likely to go down.

The 70 of us down there yesterday didnt see a bad display anyway!

AccyAggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2011, 12:14   #188
Resting in Peace

Well done to those who made the trip. Let's hope Coley is right when he says things are beginning to come together. A bit more consistency, and we'll be ok.
Old 25-09-2011, 15:17   #189

redraine you always seem to no a lot about sean even though you clearly dont like him !! an to be happy that hes broke his collarbone shows most people on here what type off a man you are!! i wish the lad a speedy recovery as i see on the bbc website he said up there goal again yesterday.
Old 25-09-2011, 16:28   #190
God Member

Exclamation Re: Sean Mc

Quote:
No chance! I sincerely do hope he prospers at Stockport, though, as I have nothing against the lad personally. I was never one of the many on here dissing him for taking the money and wishing for him to fall flat on his face.
Quote:
redraine you always seem to no a lot about sean even though you clearly dont like him !! an to be happy that hes broke his collarbone shows most people on here what type off a man you are!! i wish the lad a speedy recovery as i see on the bbc website he said up there goal again yesterday.

I think that you should read through this thread thoroughly pidge, before you start throwing around statements like the one above!!!

I have spent many an hour talking about McConville, with Redraine and others on the terraces and while McConville came in for plenty of - justified - stick (plenty from Redraine) from most, I know that Redraine wishes him no ill!!!!!

He's no use to either club whilst he is in the stands!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2011, 16:28   #191
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
No, you're right. He had no ability. Each one of his goals and every assist he made was a total fluke. I heard he doesn't even know how to tie his bootlaces. Terrible, terrible player. How did he ever get a contract anywhere? Don't even get me started on that Messi chap... waste of space.
It would be helpful if you actually read my comments. I was asking about the meaning of the word "technically" as used by pidge and I was offering some suggestions. We have been assured that Sean Mc had a "football brain". Not being a psychologist, I could not begin to comment on that. But I was hoping that pidge could explain what he meant when he said that Sean Mc was "technically one off (sic) our best players last season".
Old 25-09-2011, 17:57   #192

what i mean by technically is- his first touch, his ability to spot a pass his crossing ability 13 assists, his footballing brain in which his ability 2 work in one of the 4 attacking positions last season which none off the players this season have seemed 2 have come 2 terms with,his finishing ability 13 goals with which 1 got goal off the season also a couple of players last season said he was the best natural finisher at the club which am sure football19 will back me up with. am sure you will disagree with most if not all off these! but these are all attributes he has in his locker
Old 25-09-2011, 18:09   #193
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Whoah, hang on a cotton picking minute! I may not be everyone's cup of tea but I quite literally wouldn't hurt a fly, prefering to usher them out of the window rather than zapping them with a rolled up Daily Mail. I can't quite see how you could interpret my post, in which I hoped that he recovers quickly, as being happy about his injury!
Old 25-09-2011, 20:14   #194
Senior Member+

Quote:
am sure you will disagree with most if not all off these!
Yes. But thanks for the explanation. I'm off to Specsavers tomorrow. I must have missed those first touches, passes spotted and sublime crosses.
Old 25-09-2011, 20:23   #195

you missed a good season last year! we finished 5th

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..