Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1063Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-06-2015, 09:57   #736
God Member

Re: Sean Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge View Post
Did your son witness the 2 goals he scored at Stockport last season to knock them out the fa cup ? Sure his reception was the same that day, certain people are already looking for negatives before he's even kicked a ball. Let's get behind the lad.
phoned him last night and he said the reception he got was quieter than previous game as he was largely anonymous apart from the goals he scored. there will always be signings we are more excited about than others and that's the same at every club but as I,ve said before I will get behind him if he puts in a good shift. its some of the others in the moan stand to worry about not me. roll on august onwards and upwards.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-06-2015, 19:30   #737

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
phoned him last night and he said the reception he got was quieter than previous game as he was largely anonymous apart from the goals he scored. there will always be signings we are more excited about than others and that's the same at every club but as I,ve said before I will get behind him if he puts in a good shift. its some of the others in the moan stand to worry about not me. roll on august onwards and upwards.
I would take him being largely ananymous for us an scoring 2 goals any day of the week.
monkey hanger likes this.
pidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 17:22   #738
God Member

Smile Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Played well in first half I thought
baldy likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 17:30   #739
Senior Member+

Re: Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Thought the same Joe,looks a bit stronger and still has a good touch.
I would struggle to pick a bench never mind a starting eleven!!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 17:36   #740
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

He certainly has got more meat on his legs, like matchsticks last time he was here,
Old 12-07-2015, 17:57   #741
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Now, now, your hero worship is showing. I hardly noticed he was on the pitch although I was on the Clayton End!
cashman likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 20:02   #742

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Now, now, your hero worship is showing. I hardly noticed he was on the pitch although I was on the Clayton End!
Thaught he worked really hard an he put himself about in numerous challenges which was great to see, also had a chat with him after the game an he seemed a really nice lad an a good character too, hope he enjoys a successful season.
MikeA and baldy like this.
Old 16-07-2015, 05:23   #743
God Member

Great to see the lad bag a few goals, hope he can carry this on into the season

baldy likes this.

Old 16-07-2015, 07:05   #744
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Great to see the lad bag a few goals, hope he can carry this on into the season

Did well, missed a couple he should have scored with before his first.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:48   #745
God Member

Smile Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After seeing Macca a few times in pre-season, got to say he looks hungry and as if he has a point to prove. Let's hope that this works in Stanley's favour

Redash likes this.

Old 12-08-2015, 14:18   #746
Senior Member+

BUT ...Like me were you unaware that Sean could throw a few natty shapes (As the kids of today would say ) ??.
That is if his dainty, nay fairy-like steps demonstrated as a prelude to his penalty against Hull City were to be believed !!...pity it was saved methinks !.
All that was missing was the Little Swans gear from Swan Lake....but perhaps that would have been tutu much !!.
So come on Sean, step into the breach like a man !...a more robust approach and a steely stare would surely have put the wind up the Hull keeper with the strange sounding name !..and perhaps have paid dividends !....I'll be watching !!.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 19:58   #747
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
So come on Sean, step into the breach like a man !...a more robust approach and a steely stare would surely have put the wind up the Hull keeper with the strange sounding name !..and perhaps have paid dividends !....I'll be watching !!.
I wish you didn't have to watch him. Now, with all our great team options this season he is not part of our strongest 11 imho.
Old 12-08-2015, 20:49   #748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
I wish you didn't have to watch him. Now, with all our great team options this season he is not part of our strongest 11 imho.
You really don't EVER have a good word to say about mcconville redraine, every comment you ever make about him is negative ! An last night he came on an looked really bright, done a lot more than what bruna did. This vendetta you have against him is inappropriate.
Old 12-08-2015, 22:00   #749
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
You really don't EVER have a good word to say about mcconville redraine, every comment you ever make about him is negative ! An last night he came on an looked really bright, done a lot more than what bruna did. This vendetta you have against him is inappropriate.
You'l be picking on cashy next
cashman likes this.
Old 12-08-2015, 22:01   #750
Resting in Peace

Quote:
You have a very strange idea of what constitutes a vendetta, Pidge. If you don't respect my opinion, then fair enough, but don't ask me not to prefer other players instead of Sean in Coley's great collection this season.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..