Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1063Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-08-2015, 07:29   #751
Senior Member+

Re: Sean Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge View Post
You really don't EVER have a good word to say about mcconville redraine, every comment you ever make about him is negative ! An last night he came on an looked really bright, done a lot more than what bruna did. This vendetta you have against him is inappropriate.
I must confess Pidge that I just love a Vendetta !.... In particular a whopping portion of the Chocolate Mint variety ( liberally dusted with dark chocolate powder and with a small pouring of clotted cream !)... But that is by the by .

Of course I could be mistaken, but do I detect from this post that perhaps you have not quite grasped the fact that there are on many occasions, running through this thread other posts with a definite tongue-in-cheek intent ?. The real truth being that most of us, and I say this with deep conviction ,really do appreciate our Sean's silky skills and his immeasurable value to the squad.
.Nevertheless, I must repeat my total admiration for his en-pointe 'Glissade precipitee' so ably demonstrated in his approach to the ball in Tuesday evening's penalty shoot-out!..a sight to behold methinks !.

Keep the faith !!.
Revived Red likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-08-2015, 09:28   #752
Senior Member+

Surely the stage was set for Morgan to come off the bench on Tuesday night. We have often been told that he has a point to prove - what better setting to prove that point than a big game against a team with 7 international players.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2015, 09:31   #753
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Stuff can be very hard fer some to grasp!! but you got yer wise mate to help yeh yonmon.
Old 13-08-2015, 14:51   #754
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Stuff can be very hard fer some to grasp!! but you got yer wise mate to help yeh yonmon.

And never think that it will ever be unwelcomed or ignored by me !... Although some others in moments of weakness do react in a less friendly manner !.
Returning to Sean Mc...Am I being a little too critical of his Tuesday night dance steps do you think ?...and my opinion that his sashay up to the ball did not fool the Hull goalkeeper one little bit ?.
Alfred.E. looking on at that moment had a rather dreamy look in his eyes, and I feel is now developing a bit of a crush on the player in question !..
"What , me worry ? ".
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2015, 17:11   #755
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
I must confess Pidge that I just love a Vendetta !..
Ah, the Vendetta 125! I remember seeing one of them parked outside the Blue Dahlia many years ago. A curious hybrid; it had the front of a Vespa and the business end of a Lambretta.
Maybe Mr.McConville could borrow it next time he takes a penalty.
Revived Red, yonmon and choirboy like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2015, 18:24   #756

I thought he was auditioning for Riverdance!
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2015, 18:57   #757
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeg Red View Post
I thought he was auditioning for Riverdance!
He didn't get it.
Old 14-08-2015, 16:34   #758
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Surely the stage was set for Morgan to come off the bench on Tuesday night. We have often been told that he has a point to prove - what better setting to prove that point than a big game against a team with 7 international players.
Coley on Gornell v. Hull -"Terry (Gornell) showed what a good striker he is in scoring the second" Not really, John, he could hardly miss after their goalie put it on a plate for him. I fear Coley's opinion of Terry as his main striker is getting in the way of giving Morgan a decent chance. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Terry has scored this term before Tuesday, including pre-season, whereas Morgan has a least a couple for the few minutes he has had on the pitch, and has showed signs of developing a good understanding with Matt Crooks. Oh well, we can only live in hope!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2015, 17:36   #759
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

As Anne Robinson would say, so far Terry has for me, been the weakest link.
Old 14-08-2015, 17:38   #760

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Coley on Gornell v. Hull -"Terry (Gornell) showed what a good striker he is in scoring the second" Not really, John, he could hardly miss after their goalie put it on a plate for him. I fear Coley's opinion of Terry as his main striker is getting in the way of giving Morgan a decent chance. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Terry has scored this term before Tuesday, including pre-season, whereas Morgan has a least a couple for the few minutes he has had on the pitch, and has showed signs of developing a good understanding with Matt Crooks. Oh well, we can only live in hope!
We agree on something redraine! I have always said Coleman has a soft spot for gornell and comes under the undroppable category , but surely this season he has to take his blinkers off because we have great attacking options, even making gornell captain this season was a mystery as not one person mentioned him as a captain.
Redraine, cashman and yonmon like this.
pidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2015, 16:45   #761
Senior Member+

Well done to Sean Mac.......back to scoring goals currently in a great Stanley Team
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2015, 19:46   #762
God Member

Re: Super Sean McConville :)

Not for me to say, but if we listen to the people who know...................

Stanley were off the pace but found their feet through Sean McConville on 29 minutes. He got the ball on the edge of the area and the classy winger made space for himself and found the top of the net with an absolutely superb finish.

Got more than his fair share of critics... even if he fires us to promotion, he will still be shot down.......

MikeA and baldy like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2015, 20:06   #763

Clever footballer is sean and is proving a class act, he will make mistakes but think what he could achieve if everybody got behind him!
andyd and Lemur like this.
stanley nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2015, 17:53   #764
Senior Member+

A goal for Sean at York tomorrow will do for me!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2015, 21:23   #765
Resting in Peace

Re: Super Sean McConville :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Not for me to say, but if we listen to the people who know...................

Stanley were off the pace but found their feet through Sean McConville on 29 minutes. He got the ball on the edge of the area and the classy winger made space for himself and found the top of the net with an absolutely superb finish.

Got more than his fair share of critics... even if he fires us to promotion, he will still be shot down.......

Even the boss is one of his critics. Coley called him out in public last week for not converting enough of his chances, but I haven't seen any comments on that on here. Maybe I have a point after all. It did the trick, though, so I wish Coley would say it more often.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..