Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1063Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-12-2016, 23:15   #856

Re: Sean Mc

As ever Yonmon, more timeless wisdom. Amen
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-01-2017, 11:27   #857
God Member

Smile Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean, Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another assist for Macca yesterday
AccyMad and baldy like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 11:36   #858
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean, Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Another assist for Macca yesterday
Aye along wi the assist for Pools 1 st goal.
yerself and keep the faith like this.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:06   #859
Full Member+

Re: Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean, Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just like to remind Sean's knockers that PEARSON, and CHAPMAN also played a big part in the first goal with CHAPMAN playing a MAJOR roll in the second.
baldy likes this.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 12:23   #860
God Member

I didn't know Sean had knockers.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 12:27   #861
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post

Love It Exile !....just love it !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 12:41   #862
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Well he is a tit.
Old 03-01-2017, 14:22   #863
Senior Member+

I am finding it difficult to keep abreast of this thread.
cashman likes this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 14:56   #864
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
I am finding it difficult to keep abreast of this thread.
A couple of good points about it though !.

( AccyMad will be Bridling at all this chauvinistic rambling...which after all is nothing but a storm in a D Cup ! ).
Old 03-01-2017, 15:50   #865
God Member

Not rising to the bait or getting drawn into a discussion which has seemingly reduced grown men to such juvenile humour Alan
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 08:16   #866
God Member

why all this views on sean after every game. i for one did not want him back at the club but can,t keep on about his play after every game. lets have a go at others as well. mccarten is one who only shows form when he comes off the bench for a start. seamus not as good as last season, and don,t really rate jordan clark. all players are equal but some seem to be more equal than others.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 08:49   #867
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
why- all this views on sean after every game. i for one did not want him back at the club but can,t keep on about his play after every game. lets have a go at others as well. mccarten is one who only shows form when he comes off the bench for a start. seamus not as good as last season, and don,t really rate jordan clark. all players are equal but some seem to be more equal than others.
I felt certain that by now everyone on the Forum had figured out the answer to this one !....
One or two adore the ground he treads upon, others actively dislike him (can't think why though ?)...but as for me ....it's merely keeping up the tradition initiated many moons ago by others brighter than I !.

Now, it would seem, you too have heard the Lorelei call and seen fit to extend the life of this protracted but fascinating thread !..now isn't that curious ?.
Old 04-01-2017, 11:41   #868
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
One or two adore the ground he treads upon
I don't adore the ground Sean walks on but one thing I've never understood is people screaming wave after wave of abuse at a player whether it be United fans at Old Trafford or Clitheroe fans at Shawbridge!

What does anybody gain from it?

Slate a player in the pub or on here but at the game we should be giving players nothing but encouragement.

What I have noticed is if Billy loses the ball its "Unlucky Billy" but if certain others lose the ball it's another wave of abuse!
Old 04-01-2017, 15:17   #869
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
I don't adore the ground Sean walks on but one thing I've never understood is people screaming wave after wave of abuse at a player whether it be United fans at Old Trafford or Clitheroe fans at Shawbridge!

What does anybody gain from it?

Slate a player in the pub or on here but at the game we should be giving players nothing but encouragement.

What I have noticed is if Billy loses the ball its "Unlucky Billy" but if certain others lose the ball it's another wave of abuse!
If you are referring to my earlier post describing Macs passing, control and crossing the ball during Tuesday's game as inept, I was merely stating my opinion as to what appeared before my eyes !, and if you see this as hurling wave upon wave of abuse at him then so be it .
As to using the term 'unlucky Billy ', I for one never see luck of any kind having anything to do with what goes on in a game of Soccer, as I outlined in some detail in another thread.
But I also opined that there was a general lack of quality existing in the current squad resulting in a rather strange attitude being apparent in the team !.
My feelings regarding the player in question are totally ambivalent, if he performs well then I will say so, if he continues to show a lack of basic ability then my opinion will show this, without 'slating' the young man whatsoever,

I am surprised that my totally tongue in cheek riposte to MH's post was taken somewhat seriously...must earnestly consider cutting out the flippancies !.

Happy New Year Baldy !

KTF.
cashman likes this.
Old 04-01-2017, 17:53   #870

QUOTE:One or two adore the ground he treads upon, others actively dislike him (can't think why though ?)...

QUOTE: (8/7/11) Post# 1 This thread...................I hope he​ falls flat on his face at Stockport ! Money grabber !! What happened to a footballer​s dreams of wanting to get to the highest they could go? But no , drop a league for a few extra pounds! No loyalty to the fans , the club and especially​ John and Jimmy! He was a nothing before and a nothing now! Good riddance!!

Hes really annoyed me since we gave him his break and would rather go down a league for money !! Tbh , Stockport must be delerious ! In my honest opinion he really isn't that good of a player! He got goals last season but most of time he looked like he could be assed and cost us MASSIVELY in the playoffs!!

Just to jog your memory Yonmon!
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..