Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1063Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-02-2017, 21:19   #931
Full Member+

Re: Sean Mc

I have to say I thought Sean deserved MOM today just ahead of Matty P. Sean has hit a bit of good formlately and I think he should be given fair credit.
AccyMad likes this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-02-2017, 21:36   #932
I am Banned

Deserved mom? He gave away a penalty when he had no need to tackle as Matty p had it covered
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2017, 21:50   #933
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

To be honest i thought MOM was between him n Clark. the penalty i am waiting to see i thought it was soft.
AccyMad and Lord Didsbury like this.
Old 18-02-2017, 22:08   #934

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
How many is the don out for?also has the portugese lad got clearance yet?
Donacien out for one more game. Still awaiting clearance from Slovenia for Souza.
cashman likes this.
stanleyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2017, 22:33   #935
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyhouse View Post
Donacien out for one more game. Still awaiting clearance from Slovenia for Souza.
He was playing in England Last so why do we need clearance from Slovenia
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2017, 22:37   #936
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyhouse View Post
And what a shame he's picked up his tenth yellow and now misses the next two games.
Oh, ffs!! We'll miss our Sean
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2017, 22:39   #937
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
The baffling thing for a new fan like me is that he's been our most consistent player this year (well, apart from Matty P - which goes without saying) yet the criticism I see of him is that he's inconsistent. Or maybe that's what's levelled at him whenever he has a good game.....maybe that's a way of avoiding giving him the praise he deserves?
You've got it in a nutshell Lord D!
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 18-02-2017, 22:43   #938
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Deserved mom? He gave away a penalty when he had no need to tackle as Matty p had it covered
Maybe so, but all the work he did before & after far outweighed that mistake - pity some can't see the shift he puts in . . .
Old 18-02-2017, 23:37   #939
Senior Member+

Quote:
The baffling thing for a new fan like me is that he's been our most consistent player this year (well, apart from Matty P - which goes without saying) yet the criticism I see of him is that he's inconsistent. Or maybe that's what's levelled at him whenever he has a good game.....maybe that's a way of avoiding giving him the praise he deserves?
It's a long story, and if you can bear to read this thread from the start you'll get some idea of just how committed some people are (or hopefully, were) to rubbishing his every move.

In the beginning he was slagged off for not being good enough, only in the team because he’s Jimmy B’s nephew. Then he was slagged off for leaving for newly-relegated Stockport after the first play-off failure (where this thread starts), and people tracked him round non-league delighting in his failure to set non-league alight. Then he was slagged off for coming back, still not good enough and only in the team because … blah blah.

I only see a few games a season at most, so what do I know? Whatever, for me, first time around he was promising but far too lightweight, like a lot of the wingers we tried around that time (e.g. Andy Mangan). This time, he’s still lightweight in the loose rucks which we see a lot of in League 2, but significantly better all round, this season his crosses especially. Also I think he’s taking on more responsibility, which means when he does cock up it’s highly noticeable – and don’t his critics love to notice.

That said, one or two of the said critics are finally beginning to occasionally acknowledge he may not be completely useless – and with any luck this may catch on. We’ll have to see if they cut him any slack next time he has a real stinker.
AccyMad and Lord Didsbury like this.
Old 19-02-2017, 00:06   #940

I have a Stockport County fan mate who loathes him.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 08:40   #941
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
It's a long story, and if you can bear to read this thread from the start you'll get some idea of just how committed some people are (or hopefully, were) to rubbishing his every move.

In the beginning he was slagged off for not being good enough, only in the team because he’s Jimmy B’s nephew. Then he was slagged off for leaving for newly-relegated Stockport after the first play-off failure (where this thread starts), and people tracked him round non-league delighting in his failure to set non-league alight. Then he was slagged off for coming back, still not good enough and only in the team because … blah blah.

I only see a few games a season at most, so what do I know? Whatever, for me, first time around he was promising but far too lightweight, like a lot of the wingers we tried around that time (e.g. Andy Mangan). This time, he’s still lightweight in the loose rucks which we see a lot of in League 2, but significantly better all round, this season his crosses especially. Also I think he’s taking on more responsibility, which means when he does cock up it’s highly noticeable – and don’t his critics love to notice.

That said, one or two of the said critics are finally beginning to occasionally acknowledge he may not be completely useless – and with any luck this may catch on. We’ll have to see if they cut him any slack next time he has a real stinker.
Nomination for post of the year and it's only February!

I've no problem with people having an opinion on a player, if a player has a stinker then fair enough but if the same player has a good game atleast a knowledge it!

He set both goals up yesterday which as a winger is his number one job, but as he give a penalty away (I still think it was outside the area) then people say he's had a bad game!

The one on one Shay put wide, if that was McConville people would still be in the stands now berating him...Fact!
AccyMad likes this.
Old 19-02-2017, 08:49   #942
God Member

Quote:
I have a Stockport County fan mate who loathes him.
one of the most hated players they,ve ever had. no one has a good word for him but didn,t exactly set the world alight there. the thing for me is in my opinion he,s the most improved player in the side from the start of the season and i wasn,t a fan of his. keep it up sean you,re putting a shift in nowadays.
AccyMad and cashman like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 09:41   #943
God Member

Smile Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post

I've no problem with people having an opinion on a player, if a player has a stinker then fair enough but if the same player has a good game atleast a knowledge it!

He set both goals up yesterday which as a winger is his number one job, but as he give a penalty away (I still think it was outside the area) then people say he's had a bad game!

The one on one Shay put wide, if that was McConville people would still be in the stands now berating him...Fact!
That sums it up perfectly

AccyMad likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 09:44   #944
God Member

Smile Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a serious note, credit where it is due, Cashy has agreed he was one of the better players yesterday

No problem with players being slagged off, as long as when the same player plays well it is recognised
AccyMad and baldy like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 10:06   #945
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post

Well perhaps if the arse kissers said when he had a bad un it wouldn't be as critical?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..