Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1063Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-02-2017, 09:39   #946
Full Member+

Re: Sean Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well perhaps if the arse kissers said when he had a bad un it wouldn't be as critical?
To be honest Cashy, do you and the rest of his critics really believe any player needs telling when they have made a mistake or had a bad game. And don't forget, the person that never made a mistake never made anything.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-02-2017, 10:18   #947
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
To be honest Cashy, do you and the rest of his critics really believe any player needs telling when they have made a mistake or had a bad game. And don't forget, the person that never made a mistake never made anything.
To be honest mate, the day football opinions are invalid,unless they are good is the death of football. imho.
Old 19-02-2017, 13:15   #948
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Deserved mom? He gave away a penalty when he had no need to tackle as Matty p had it covered
I hope if they show the penalty on TV you will appreciate that Sean barely touched the play and the player was always going to hit the ground. It was a very soft penalty given by a referee who had lost confidence and made another hasty decision. I would still have to see the actual point of contact to decide if it was in the area or just outside. However Sean has hit a decent spell of form and we should all be supporting him. Any player who pulls on our clubs shirt is going out there to do their best for the club. Anybody can have a bad game but I have noticed Sto6nc2 you are extremely quick to criticise this particular player.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 15:59   #949
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
I hope if they show the penalty on TV you will appreciate that Sean barely touched the play and the player was always going to hit the ground. It was a very soft penalty given by a referee who had lost confidence and made another hasty decision. I would still have to see the actual point of contact to decide if it was in the area or just outside. However Sean has hit a decent spell of form and we should all be supporting him. Any player who pulls on our clubs shirt is going out there to do their best for the club. Anybody can have a bad game but I have noticed Sto6nc2 you are extremely quick to criticise this particular player.
No matter what he does he will never be a decent player in my eyes, he weak, doesn't have the second ball, wants everything to him on a silver plate, I wouldn't pick him to play in unibond nevermind league
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 16:28   #950

"No matter what he does"? Really?
Chrisr likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 18:05   #951

I don't know why those who like McConville post on this thread - your just feeding the flames guys
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 18:29   #952
Senior Member+

Quote:
Well perhaps if the arse kissers said when he had a bad un it wouldn't be as critical?
I’m not sure why defending someone against what in my opinion is exaggerated and unbalanced criticism should be classed as ar$e-kissing, or what I’m likely to gain by kissing the ar$e of someone I’ve never met and am not likely to. When I do occasionally see a game I pass comment as I see fit, but prefer to praise those who have done well rather than slate those who’ve had a stinker. I don’t recall ever saying much about Sean in my first posting after a game, other than remarking that his crossing has improved recently. But if I feel other commentators have been unfair to any player then I’ll say so – especially if the criticism is repeated or over the top. If I haven’t been to the game myself, but the criticism seems to be more in line with the poster’s oft-expressed feelings than the majority view (or as yesterday, the reported facts and stats), I may allow myself to suggest someone seems to be a bit one-eyed.

If that makes me an ar$e-kisser, I'm happier with that than I would be being a miserable, habitual, unwarranted ar$e-kicker.

Peace and love …
AccyMad likes this.
Old 19-02-2017, 21:45   #953

9 assists for the season so far.
4th equal best in league.

and he's played full back.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2017, 19:06   #954
Full Member+

Quote:
To be honest mate, the day football opinions are invalid,unless they are good is the death of football. imho.
So coming off King Georges Sunday morn and someone slates your Grandson / granddaughter within his/her, and your ear shot you would be ok with that. And we all know all people are entitled to an opinion, and mine is slating any player will not do, him, the team, or the club any good. Invalid opinions will not be the death of football, it will be the poor ref's & liners.
Old 20-02-2017, 19:20   #955
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:

So coming off King Georges Sunday morn and someone slates your Grandson / granddaughter within his/her, and your ear shot you would be ok with that. And we all know all people are entitled to an opinion, and mine is slating any player will not do, him, the team, or the club any good. Invalid opinions will not be the death of football, it will be the poor ref's & liners.
Big difference between children and adults in most peoples books i would imagine.
Old 20-02-2017, 20:34   #956
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Its all VALAIRIAN fault!!
cashman likes this.
Old 21-02-2017, 12:50   #957
Full Member+

Quote:
Big difference between children and adults in most peoples books i would imagine.
yup guess your right, most kid's are smarter.
Old 21-02-2017, 13:14   #958
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
yup guess your right, most kid's are smarter.
Can't argue wi that.
Old 21-02-2017, 15:08   #959
God Member

Smile Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Its all VALAIRIAN fault!!
What is Mab??? Macca being banned?

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 15:10   #960
God Member

Smile Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean, Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a serious note, I hope we do not miss him in the next 2 games?

I think that Rommy can fill in on the wing

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..