Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1063Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-03-2017, 16:16   #1006
God Member

Re: Sean Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Trust him to play well in a game where it could all be wiped off record if they get wound up
Don't worry about that, the EFL said last night that Orient will have sufficient funds to complete the season so Sean's efforts weren't in vain
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-03-2017, 16:19   #1007
God Member

Smile Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Trust him to play well in a game where it could all be wiped off record if they get wound up
Cannot take away the memories of the people fortunate enough to have been there in the flesh to witness one of Macca's finest hours

AccyMad, cashman and monkey hanger like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2017, 17:05   #1008
God Member

That's right Joe, rub it in - can't believe I missed it & had to rely on Dan's live text commentary, good as that was it couldn't make up for not being there - still gutted
Old 25-03-2017, 12:44   #1009
Senior Member+

I hope that Sean can give us a repeat of his wonderful performance that he produced against Leyton Orient. Actually just 'Half as Good' as that performance will do!
COME ON SEAN and the STANLEY
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2017, 16:21   #1010
I am Banned

Good to see golden boy back to his terrible self
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2017, 16:31   #1011
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
certainly not his day today.
yonmon and odders like this.
Old 25-03-2017, 18:12   #1012
God Member

Calm down, FM, or you'll have Davo's Hate Police after you.
BTW, folk are entitled to watch whichever player they like.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2017, 19:03   #1013
Senior Member+

I agree that Sean Mac didn't reach the heights of his performance against Leyton Orient recently but to a degree he played his part today. The best chance that we had, apart from the goal that we scored, was set up by Sean with a superb precise pass for 'The Don' to get into the box on the left and square a similarly super ball across the Grimsby goal four yards out from their goal line. Clarke was coming in at the far post for the tap in but checked his run anticipating a touch from a Grimsby defender which didn't happen! The pass from Sean was inch perfect and carried the exact weight needed! His corners caused problems too.
AccyMad likes this.
Old 25-03-2017, 19:18   #1014

Also won the free kick for the goal! Certainly brings more to the table than Clark who has yet to score a single goal in the league an yes we are nearly in April , also the performances of Billy Kee the last 4 or 5 games have been really poor he looks tired to me , but another player who can do no wrong I suppose.
pidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2017, 19:42   #1015

Anyone else notice how he trotted rather than strut slowly like the Fonz to take the corners today?
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2017, 19:55   #1016
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge View Post
Also won the free kick for the goal! Certainly brings more to the table than Clark who has yet to score a single goal in the league an yes we are nearly in April , also the performances of Billy Kee the last 4 or 5 games have been really poor he looks tired to me , but another player who can do no wrong I suppose.
Yes Pidge, Sean did win that free kick in the perfect position for Shay to take a pot at goal....successfully again!
In defence of Billy Kee. I have to say that he is such a brave, hard working, skilful and committed player! He plays up front entirely on his own as Shay seems to have been given a ticket to roam and run at the opposing defenders from all sorts of positions but he does not really support Billy which makes it easier for the opposing big centre backs to give Billy some physical treatment. Billy just takes it, bounces back up and gets on with the game!
Going back a long time now Paul Mullin was superbly supported by Lutel James and for a couple of years they were unstoppable, albeit it at non league level. Billy does not have this sort of doubling up support in the current team playing pattern and I think that he does a superb job in taking the weight of other players around him. I don't think that he is tired but that he just gets a lot of stick with very little protection from referees!
Having said all that I would urge Shay to try to play much closer to Billy in order to get the flicks and passes that Billy wins and to take some weight off Billy too!

Last edited by choirboy; 25-03-2017 at 20:04.
Old 25-03-2017, 20:38   #1017
God Member

Quote:
Why on earth would any Stanley fan think it's good to see any one of our lads have a bad game??
Do you need your opinion to be proven right even if it's to the detriment of the team - strange sort of support that imo!
baldy, choirboy, chevyfire and 1 others like this.
Old 25-03-2017, 20:46   #1018
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Why on earth would any Stanley fan think it's good to see any one of our lads have a bad game??
Do you need your opinion to be proven right even if it's to the detriment of the team - strange sort of support that imo!
Give them praise they get big headed and over confident, criticise them and it gives them a thought if what they need to work on makes them a better player
Old 25-03-2017, 20:56   #1019
God Member

Criticism is one thing, gloating over one player playing (in your opinion) badly is something else.
None of the lads covered themselves in glory today but there were worse players on the pitch than Sean (Beckles for one had a nightmare) & yet only one is singled out - strange that?
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 25-03-2017, 21:03   #1020
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Criticism is one thing, gloating over one player playing (in your opinion) badly is something else.
None of the lads covered themselves in glory today but there were worse players on the pitch than Sean (Beckles for one had a nightmare) & yet only one is singled out - strange that?
As this is Sean's thread that's why I singled him out on this one, I also singled out beckles on the grimsby town thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..