Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1063Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-09-2011, 10:00   #121
Senior Member+

Re: Sean Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
scoring a high quality hat-trick,and 13 league goals from midfield???,even Ryan,craney etc..didnt manage that!!
Agree with your list of faults tho

So jimmys hattrick against Barnet wasnt high class??
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-09-2011, 11:19   #122
Senior Member+

fair point,but did he score 13 goals that season?,i am not saying for a second i would have him over jimmy,but most teams would accomodate a player who would give you that return(and hes still on a learning curve as well)
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2011, 13:35   #123
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
fair point,but did he score 13 goals that season?,i am not saying for a second i would have him over jimmy,but most teams would accomodate a player who would give you that return(and hes still on a learning curve as well)
well its taking him a long time, he just don't cut the mustard imho. possibly may were he is now but Div2 no way.
Old 13-09-2011, 13:54   #124
Senior Member+

I know i am very much in the minority,but scoring goals is the hardest thing to do in football,and his style is not akin to the lower leagues,but i truly believe he could hold his own at an higher level,were technique takes over from pace and tackling etc...
That why i found his move a strange one(money orientated,rather than a long term one)
Old 13-09-2011, 14:06   #125
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
I know i am very much in the minority,but scoring goals is the hardest thing to do in football,and his style is not akin to the lower leagues,but i truly believe he could hold his own at an higher level,were technique takes over from pace and tackling etc...
That why i found his move a strange one(money orientated,rather than a long term one)
I think if that were the case,scouts from higher level clubs would have sussed that fact long ago?
Old 13-09-2011, 14:43   #126
Senior Member+

Thats a good point that Cashy.I know a few scouts and would love to see there reports on Acci players.
Saying that,no-one took a chance on Jimmy when he left Shrews,despite being a irish under 21 international and a good grounding at liverpool.
Again its all about opinions,and really its only the managers that counts
Old 13-09-2011, 14:51   #127
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Thats a good point that Cashy.I know a few scouts and would love to see there reports on Acci players.
Saying that,no-one took a chance on Jimmy when he left Shrews,despite being a irish under 21 international and a good grounding at liverpool.
Again its all about opinions,and really its only the managers that counts
In fairness jimmy has gone slightly higher n deserves it in my opinion, would have like to have seen him in the championship.
Old 13-09-2011, 21:15   #128
God Member

Sean Mac was there tonight - maybe he's after coming back now Tony Evans has pulled out of the Stockport takeover?? He did ask where he could find Redraine
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2011, 22:53   #129
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Sean Mac was there tonight - maybe he's after coming back now Tony Evans has pulled out of the Stockport takeover?? He did ask where he could find Redraine
BBC Sport - AFC Telford 1-1 Stockport County think we should pass on that.
Old 13-09-2011, 23:08   #130
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
BBC Sport - AFC Telford 1-1 Stockport County think we should pass on that.
I rest my case.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2011, 10:04   #131
Senior Member+

Apparently, as of yesterday, the 2015 consortium is still currently running Stockport County and Stockport County director Tony Evans has withdrawn his proposal to take over the club; the deal, which stalled at the weekend, is now dead (his word, not mine ...........)

See the Non-League page of the BBC Sports News (football section)

Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2011, 14:48   #132
God Member

A couple of posters on the football forum are quoting McConville as Stockports highest earner on £900 a week. He can bloody stop where he is if that's true?,
Old 14-09-2011, 15:04   #133

Thumbs down Re: Sean Mc

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ stay away . go to fleetwood or sith bourgh fc
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2011, 17:13   #134
God Member

Smile Re: Sean Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
A couple of posters on the football forum are quoting McConville as Stockports highest earner on £900 a week. He can bloody stop where he is if that's true?,
Word is Macca, we offered to double (ish) what he was on, but he went for more cash!!!! I am sure that I heard that on a link posted on here just after he signed for them????

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2011, 18:05   #135

Most of Mcconvilles goals were tap ins anyway!

Thought he was over rated most of the time, when the team played well, he did. At times last year he was dire,

I for one wouldnt take him back, left to 'better his career' lower down, let him carry on!

AccyAggro is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..