Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1063Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2021, 12:58   #1456
Senior Member+

Re: Sean Mc

From the “Fishy’ site just now....
STATEMENT: McConville banned for four games
Reds midfielder suspended for next four matches after breaching FA Rule E1.1

Anyone know what this is for?
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-02-2021, 13:06   #1457
Senior Member+

Just read the last few comments on tonights Plymouth Match Thread......
Referring to Sean pulling an opponents hair!
Idiotic thing to do IMHO.
Should our club fine him his wages concurrent with the length of his ban?

Last edited by choirboy; 09-02-2021 at 13:09.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 13:09   #1458
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i am damn sure the club should but doubt it. hes always been a half wit. what use is an apology? its cost the club this pathetic thing.
pifco, choirboy and monkey hanger like this.

Last edited by cashman; 09-02-2021 at 13:11.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 15:14   #1459
God Member

Firstly, I'm not defending Sean - he's obviously done something stupid & is being punished for it BUT he wasn't the only one who lost his head a bit, it was a frustrating game to watch & must've been more so to be in the middle of.
If this had been picked up by the officials on Saturday, it would probably have been a booking for both Sean & Kioso but because it wasn't noticed (mainly because it was just handbags) & was reported to the EFL presumably by Northampton, he gets a more severe punishment, how is that ok??
It's akin to when Sam Finley got punished with a ridiculous ban for verbally abusing the Rochdale player who had been on his case all afternoon, if he'd retaliated physically on the pitch it would have been a more lenient ban.
Having said that Sean is experienced enough to not let himself be wound up so much by the opposition & he'll be a big miss over the next 4 games but we managed ok when he was out injured for nearly 12 months & I'm sure we will again.
Cashy, bit harsh calling him a half wit - we all have days when we lose it a bit & all logic goes out if the window
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 15:45   #1460

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Firstly, I'm not defending Sean - he's obviously done something stupid & is being punished for it BUT he wasn't the only one who lost his head a bit, it was a frustrating game to watch & must've been more so to be in the middle of.
If this had been picked up by the officials on Saturday, it would probably have been a booking for both Sean & Kioso but because it wasn't noticed (mainly because it was just handbags) & was reported to the EFL presumably by Northampton, he gets a more severe punishment, how is that ok??
It's akin to when Sam Finley got punished with a ridiculous ban for verbally abusing the Rochdale player who had been on his case all afternoon, if he'd retaliated physically on the pitch it would have been a more lenient ban.
Having said that Sean is experienced enough to not let himself be wound up so much by the opposition & he'll be a big miss over the next 4 games but we managed ok when he was out injured for nearly 12 months & I'm sure we will again.
Cashy, bit harsh calling him a half wit - we all have days when we lose it a bit & all logic goes out if the window
Accymad you are too forgiving. There are no excuses for improper behaviour carried out by any of our senior players. It disrespects he manager, the other players and the clubs supporters. I for one am very disappointed with his action and the resulting 4 match ban.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 03:49   #1461
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Accymad you are too forgiving. There are no excuses for improper behaviour carried out by any of our senior players. It disrespects he manager, the other players and the clubs supporters. I for one am very disappointed with his action and the resulting 4 match ban.
100% on the money Crown Grounder.
MikeA likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 09:09   #1462
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
never noticed the incident with sean live. however if the boot had been on the other foot i,m sure we would feel agrivated if no further action was taken on an opponent. i like sean as a player but has always had this sreak in him with us and the period he was away from the wham.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 16:53   #1463
God Member

In addition to Sean's charge, both Stanley & Northampton have been hit with a charge from the FA of failing to ensure their players behaved in an orderly manner in the 85th minute of our game on Saturday, so not just Sean & Joe at fault then - some Northampton players, particularly their keeper played their part. Could be more fines/sanctions to come
Old 10-02-2021, 17:02   #1464
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

to me joe took one for the team sean macs was sheer stupidity.
Old 10-02-2021, 18:31   #1465
Senior Member+

E20 charge.
£2500 fine if charge accepted.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 19:37   #1466
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
to me joe took one for the team sean macs was sheer stupidity.
They were both stupid - Joe was already on a yellow but allowed himself to be wound up by the opposition just as Sean did
Old 10-02-2021, 19:47   #1467
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
They were both stupid - Joe was already on a yellow but allowed himself to be wound up by the opposition just as Sean did
fair enough joe is 24, sean is 31 big difference to me in sense sean has always been stupid reaction wise. but some cant see that,
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 11-02-2021, 08:12   #1468
God Member

Quote:
In addition to Sean's charge, both Stanley & Northampton have been hit with a charge from the FA of failing to ensure their players behaved in an orderly manner in the 85th minute of our game on Saturday, so not just Sean & Joe at fault then - some Northampton players, particularly their keeper played their part. Could be more fines/sanctions to come
talk about overeaction from the league. more handbags than in the trafford centre and hardly a mass brawl. funny though how keepers manage to run 50 yards on incidents like this but can hardly break into a quick walk to take goal kicks when their side is leading.
AccyMad, cashman and chevyfire like this.
Old 11-02-2021, 08:14   #1469
God Member

Quote:
fair enough joe is 24, sean is 31 big difference to me in sense sean has always been stupid reaction wise. but some cant see that,
stevenage home game in the play offs 2011 was a good example.
Old 11-02-2021, 11:32   #1470
God Member

Quote:
I'm not gonna argue about who was the more stupid, it's ridiculous especially when age is brought into it, anybody at any age can lose their rag if pushed far enough

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..