Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2011, 20:02   #1
God Member

Question Season Tickets - 2011/12

It's April, we are playing well, some dark clouds have lifted, FANs are - in the main - in jubilant mood

Where are the season tickets?????

Come on Stanley, strike while it's hot!!!!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-04-2011, 10:35   #2
God Member

Re: Season Tickets - 2011/12

Stanley will announce the season ticket prices as soon as it has been approved by the board and the links that was found was a work in progress artwork for when the prices was agreed so could be altered for being put live but was put in desktop slides by error (human we all make errors) & will be put right and live in due course, check fishy site for details. Maybe we need a contact webmaster for errors on webby in case incidents like this happen again so they can be altered and reported, as a suggestion.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:19   #3
God Member

Oh eck

Old 07-04-2011, 10:09   #4
Full Member+

Prices for next season:

Adult - £255 (up to 30th April); £285 afterwards ... last year the prices were £185 seated/£160 standing (before 4 May); £230/£207 afterwards
Senior - £170 (up to 30th April); £190 afterwards
U17/student - £90 (no early bird discount)

No difference in prices for seated/standing, which makes sense.

However, that's a hefty increase in prices for season tickets and presumably match-day prices as well. Given the current financial state of the Club, it does make sense, but I'm sure it will put off a lot of people unless we do get promoted to League 1.

http://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/g...20template.pdf
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:11   #5
Senior Member+

Once again Im going to have to go pay on the gate, as I am unable to know when Im working away or not. Well done on the packages mind you !!
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:14   #6
Full Member+

Forgot to add that there is a £50 surcharge ('Lounge Pack') to be able to use the sports bar on matchday.

That is definitely a step too far IMO and will seriously deprive the Club of money earned over the bar and a sense of 'togetherness' between the Club and its fans. So much for this being the dawn of a new, community Club
Old 07-04-2011, 10:16   #7
God Member

thinking that promotion might be the only saving grace on those prices

at the standard price (£30 aint an incentive to pay early IMHO) it works out at £12.91 per game for Clayton End. Would you buy a season ticket to save 9p a game? or £2.09 per game? I'm thinking that there will be a whopping big price increase for walk-ons as well.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:18   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalley Red View Post
Forgot to add that there is a £50 surcharge ('Lounge Pack') to be able to use the sports bar on matchday.

That is definitely a step too far IMO and will seriously deprive the Club of money earned over the bar and a sense of 'togetherness' between the Club and its fans. So much for this being the dawn of a new, community Club

reading between the lines, and I might be wrong because its not entirely clear, that is to go in the bit behind the sectioned off area? but would you want to do that whilst people are eating and you aren't?

seems to have been a few dropped balls if you ask me.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:25   #9
Full Member+

"The match day experience usually involves a pie and a pint so why not enjoy the day by grabbing the early game on the big screen while soaking up the atmosphere in our exclusive lounge.

Seasonal access to the matchday lounge will be just £50 next year."

Surely that the clubhouse and not just the sectioned off area?
Old 07-04-2011, 11:07   #10
God Member

Clearly not thought out whatsoever, we had the clubhouse shut exclusively for sponsors which went down like a lead balloon - so will that stupid idea for reasons whalley red & macca have stated.

Back to season ticket prices.........can i afford it mmm - any clarification on gate prices next year which i presume will be £17 mark as was proposed this season if they hadnt of ballsed that up at start, again....dunno

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 07-04-2011, 11:20   #11
Full Member+

Matchday prices will depend on which league we are in, so I wouldn't expect any news on that for (hopefully) at least another month.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:28   #12
God Member

judging by the statement that you are getting at least six games for free (with a ST) then the MINIMUM is going to be £16.28 based on Clayton End. I'll catagorically state now that any potential floating fans will wide berth The Crown next season and we could see sub 1000 gates again.

I've just been having a look around at other season ticket prices around the league and we still seem competitive, which will be the clubs justification on this. However at the other grounds you get things like lighting, and covered concourses, and flushing toilets that aren't built into a urine soaked garden shed, and real beer outta pump thrown in with the price.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:33   #13
God Member

Its the people that support higher ranked clubs locally that will snub it, like my bro who repeatedly tries to tell me for simular/sometimes cheaper price he can watch a [so called] premiership team footy, then u wont be coaxing the armchair lot out either. Its those people - new folk that need to be caputilised to our club reducing the man utd's & other popular team support ahead of home town support.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 07-04-2011, 11:39   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I've just been having a look around at other season ticket prices around the league and we still seem competitive, which will be the clubs justification on this. However at the other grounds you get things like lighting, and covered concourses, and flushing toilets that aren't built into a urine soaked garden shed, and real beer outta pump thrown in with the price.
Thats the biggest complaint im hearing many a time atm, is the beer at the clubhouse a major factor to whether people dare to drink in the clubhouse [im lucky being a shorts person] but regular hardcore loyal fans are not happy with the beer, lucky selling halfs than pints there atm, if the clubhouse is surcharging entry then the bar has to be really upto scratch.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 07-04-2011, 12:39   #15
bdc

I can understand an increase in price, I dont think anybody would argue with that. Its the extent of the increase that leaves a bitter taste in the mouth. An increase of £95 on last years ticket price of £160 is extortionate pure and simple. We have probably shot ourselves in the foot with this idea I think. We need as many fans as we can get and this pricing strategy is clearly at odds with this. We are currently at a stage where have managed to get a few more fans in on Tuesday night due to a cheap ticket offer. This doesn't automatically mean that they will come back to pay full price, especially when Burnley are at home on the same day as the Oxford game. We are putting up barriers to bringing in new fans by making games all ticket this will reduce the chances of roaming fans coming on due to the hassle of buying tickets in advance, we are then increasing season ticket prices by 63% to current fans and then demanding the money within 23 days, not forgetting trying to charge them to enter a bar that is for supporters and finally looking to increase matchday prices. How are all the things going to entice people to come on?

The charge for going into the supporters lounge is quite bizarre, why not just close it to the public and open it for commercial hospitality only. To charge supporters to go into a supporters lounge is downright cheeky, surely it makes sense to not charge and get people in there to put money behind the bar or just tell them to use the Crown to keep people putting money into the coffers. People will probably just vote with their feet and drink elsewhere further down the road.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..