Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2017, 11:51   #1
Senior Member+

Season Tickets 2017-18

Any news?

I don't think the threat of relegation should make any difference, still play 46 games in the conference!

Why not try something like Wolves unveil season ticket refund offer « Express & Star
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-02-2017, 15:50   #2
I am Banned

Re: Season Tickets 2017-18

They'll probably wait to see what league we will be in before announcing prices and stuff
monkey hanger likes this.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 17:36   #3
Full Member+

The earlier they are sold the better. They have never waited until the season end to sell them have they? I would expect something announced in March and an April early bird deadline.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 17:46   #4
Senior Member+

And we still await news of the special offers being made to those who bought season tickets and loyalty cards this season.

Here is confirmation from David Burgess:

“As well as match-day discounts, there will be reduced prices on official merchandise and other benefits to becoming a member.”

Taken from:

Season Tickets ? Accrington Stanley
Chrisr likes this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 18:51   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
And we still await news of the special offers being made to those who bought season tickets and loyalty cards this season.

“As well as match-day discounts, there will be reduced prices on official merchandise and other benefits to becoming a member.”

Taken from:

Sounds a bit like the Stanley Legends scheme from years ago. That came to nothing special as well.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 19:02   #6
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
Sounds a bit like the Stanley Legends scheme from years ago. That came to nothing special as well.
Don't forget when they tried getting people to buy a brick aswell, whatever happend to that
monkey hanger likes this.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 19:22   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Don't forget when they tried getting people to buy a brick aswell, whatever happend to that
It went the same way as the arch
Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 20:05   #8
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post

Taken from:

What exactly does the man in charge of ticket pricing do?? apart from get it so wrong on so many levels?
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 20:21   #9
Full Member+

The main benefit is access to high demand cup tickets I would imagine, however it rarely gets to that.

Not sure if you get discount in the club shop, only been in once ever. When they 'sacked' the woman who sold shirts etc on the table cus a few got robbed it put me off.

The buy a brick at a grand a pop minimum was always vastly overpriced, I felt sorry for the lady who bought one in good faith.

The cheaper fund raising for the screen has been met after being revised, so some success when things much more sensibly priced.

You can't argue with the cheap season ticket prices, but other than that the match day ticket prices are aimed at chasing in short term from the away fans rather than growing the home fan base long term.
Chrisr likes this.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2017, 08:53   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
It went the same way as the arch
for me that was all pie in the sky.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2017, 09:20   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
They'll probably wait to see what league we will be in before announcing prices and stuff
can,t see em being sold until we know what league we,ll be playing in next season. there,ll be a number who will not renew there,s me included if we fall into the oblivion sorry i mean the conference. braintree on a tuesday night no thanks.
Old 13-02-2017, 09:29   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
can,t see em being sold until we know what league we,ll be playing in next season. there,ll be a number who will not renew there,s me included if we fall into the oblivion sorry i mean the conference. braintree on a tuesday night no thanks.
You see, I just don't get that - doesn't matter what league they're in, Stanley are my team & it's as simple as that for me.
Even when we came perilously close to losing the club completely I couldn't see myself going off & supporting anyone else, I might've watched odd matches here & there but no way I could imagine developing the passion I have for ASFC for any other team
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2017, 10:43   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
You see, I just don't get that - doesn't matter what league they're in, Stanley are my team & it's as simple as that for me.
Even when we came perilously close to losing the club completely I couldn't see myself going off & supporting anyone else, I might've watched odd matches here & there but no way I could imagine developing the passion I have for ASFC for any other team
you might be different than me as i only started going to the crown in 2009 so i missed the non league days. i hope that i don,t come across as a glory hunter, if i was i wouldn,t have picked stanley. i supported hartlepools before since i was a little kid so glory hunting is not in my dna. i just don,t like non league football with all their happy clappy fans who think attending a game at ossett town makes em unique and proves they don,t support a premier league side with all that goes with it. will not desert stanley if they fall into non league but i,ll pick my games home and away but will not support anyone else even pools again.
cashman and Chrisr like this.
Old 13-02-2017, 12:15   #14
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post

Agreed 100%. Supported Stanley wherever they were, even in the depths of the Lancs Combination. And I'd rather be a "happy, clappy fan" (whatever one of those is) supporting real, grassroots football, instead of sitting in some sterile, plastic stadium watching a premiership match between two sets of cosseted, jaded millionaires. Sadly, though, there aren't many like us, especially in Accy!
Old 13-02-2017, 13:28   #15
God Member

Don't think anyone who comes to the Crown can be called glory hunters MH, & yeah maybe it's different when you've followed them through the non league days (& I'm talking well below Conference level)
I enjoyed those times & the journey through to the league - in fact I've sometimes said the getting here was often more fun than being here. Don't get me wrong, of course I want us to stay up but for me personally it wouldn't be the end if the world if we didn't & certainly wouldn't be the end of going to every home game & as many away ones as I can manage - even Ossett Town
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..