Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-08-2007, 17:59   #1

Season Tickets

I've heard a rumour that it'll be all pay on the gate on Saturday and that season ticket holders will then be able to claim back their entry fee at a later date.

Any one know if ther's any truth in that?
Thin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-08-2007, 18:03   #2
God Member

Re: Season Tickets

Better bloody not be any truth in it.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2007, 18:05   #3
I am Banned

I think that maybe just rumours & nothing more - otherwise would have to be disclosed on official site
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2007, 18:08   #4
God Member

Well if I was a betting man... I would bet that season tickets will be ready in time.. have faith
Old 13-08-2007, 18:12   #5
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin Monkey View Post
I've heard a rumour that it'll be all pay on the gate on Saturday and that season ticket holders will then be able to claim back their entry fee at a later date.
Nice attempt at a wind up, wish I'd have thought of that one.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2007, 18:14   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Nice attempt at a wind up, wish I'd have thought of that one.
I thought so.
Old 13-08-2007, 19:05   #7
Senior Member+

The thing is, it wouldn't surprise me if it was true!!!
Old 13-08-2007, 19:21   #8

The season has gone well so far. Great new signings, roof to be completed after a long wait, and we went to Wycombe and we won 1-0. The season tickets WILL be ready in time!
BTLawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2007, 19:30   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLawson View Post
The season has gone well so far. Great new signings, roof to be completed after a long wait, and we went to Wycombe and we won 1-0. The season tickets WILL be ready in time!

Roof was due to be in place before the first league game. Now delayed. Season ticket due out before the first league game.

Fancy a game of "spot the trend"?
Old 13-08-2007, 19:44   #10

Talking Re: Season Tickets

Fancy a game of "spot the trend"?[/quote]

ok then. last season the season tickets were ready just in time. They probably will this year-we'll have to see. If they are not ready it isn't ideal but we will get our money back at a later date.

We lost away on the opening day last year but won this year.

Last year the roof was just a distant fantasy but it is now being built. To me it would seem that things are on the up! We have to remain positive!

Last edited by BTLawson; 13-08-2007 at 19:47.
BTLawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2007, 20:52   #11

The tactic was to dangle the bait and see who bit. Of course I expect the season tickets to be ready for Saturday. But the point is a serious one. Why leave it so late yet again?

It's not as if the club are suddenly going to sell a couple of hundred more season tickets at this late stage. The powers that be will have known how sales were going weeks ago and should have ordered accordingly, so that we got our tickets in plenty of time.

Instead they pretend they can't be sure how many to order until late on and leave us with zero information, even though some of us stumped up our cash about 3 months ago.

We're talking about season ticket books for God's sake, not Gothenberg Bibles! How much can each one cost to print?

I'm all for saving a bob or two, but there are limits. It's the same charade every year and it p***es me off.
Old 13-08-2007, 21:03   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin Monkey View Post
The tactic was to dangle the bait and see who bit. Of course I expect the season tickets to be ready for Saturday. But the point is a serious one. Why leave it so late yet again? It's the same charade every year and it p***es me off.
What, exactly, can you do with your ticket before Saturday.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2007, 21:39   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
Nothing, thats not the point though, they should be sent out, I can see people having to collect them from the shop on Saturday, can you imagine the queues? your gonna get people queuing for season tickets, Stanley junior tickets will be available same time as season tickets and usual people inside the shop

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 14:07   #14

Would't not surpirse me if that were to happen. I know somebody paid cash for their season ticket and who ever served him in the shop was put out when he asked for a receipt.
rishton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2007, 10:15   #15
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
Get your discount on club merchandise, that's what...which is why it is now 5 days into the season and I STILL haven't got a new replica shirt!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..