Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree249Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2017, 20:06   #136
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Re: Season Tickets

What was said in 2007 http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...t=flexi+ticket post 17 by neil
Quote:
I don't do football but I can't help wondering why you buy a season ticket in the first place.
Is it just to get in the games cheaper or
is it a way of supporting your club by putting money into it?

I see a lot of you commenting when the club is not being supported by enough people and also when the team is not doing very well. Now I see some of you complaining when the club tries to earn some more money. I assume that having more money can improve the side, new players etc.

So what is the problem?

Are you interested in the club doing well or just interested in getting something as cheaply as possible?
Sums it up for me
Old 22-03-2017, 20:22   #137

Anyone not buying a season ticket is barking mad - knowing that next season we will retain the nucleus of this great team and Coley will once again sprinkle his magic fairy dust and a bright new dawn and certain promotion awaits.

Why not offer flexi tickets to the non-believers? After they have spent their hard-earned on the first five games they will be gagging for more. Net result will be good for the club.

The only people buying single tickets will be the tourists desperate for a glimpse of the Redvolution and me poor old mam who pretends she's a Burnley fan and doesn't want to go to too many Stanley games even though she loves em really.
monkey hanger likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 21:54   #138
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
You aren't going to sell a suit to someone who only wants a pair of trousers though. Do you sell 700 suits and be left with 300 or sell the trousers for slightly more and only be left with 300 jackets?
Exactly, but first you spend your limited time and resources trying to sell the 700 suits, then you try and shift the flexible trousers.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 22:40   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Exactly, but first you spend your limited time and resources trying to sell the 700 suits, then you try and shift the flexible trousers.
Correct but watch they don't go out of fashion first. Careful timing is required
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 06:43   #140

I'm not sure buying suits is a good analogy for tickets to be honest.
Possibly perishable goods is better (because what you buy has to be used within a certain period)..

I sometimes buy a huge bag of onions from the local grocer knowing they could go off so I'll have to chuck some away - but they are really cheap that way. Sometimes I might buy a small bag - knowing I'll be back for more a week later. Sometimes I buy a pricey single onion if I've only got a fiver with me and I'm buying other stuff.

The fact the grocer has that choice means I will keep going back to his shop rather than another.

Last edited by Lord Didsbury; 23-03-2017 at 06:45.
Old 23-03-2017, 07:01   #141
God Member

Not sure that's a good analogy either Lord D - you might change grocers if they won't sell you a single onion, no skin off your nose whichever grocers you patronise but would anyone really change football teams as easily, just over a single onion (I mean ticket)?!
All this talk of trousers & vegetables is just clouding the issue - I agree the flexi tickets were a brilliant idea & should be reintroduced but when we did have them I don't think they went on sale until after the season tickets early bird offers had finished.
Maybe we could have them as well as the loyalty card, both schemes would have good points for different people & would give as many options as possible to our fans
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 07:56   #142
God Member

the club can bang on all it likes about selling x number of season tickets but the reality is a lot of people due to work shift patterns can only go to a certain few games no matter how much they want to go. you wouldn,t buy a season ticket if you could only attend half a dozen or so games so there should be something in it for these people.
Lord Didsbury likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 08:33   #143

'Why not offer flexi tickets to the non-believers? After they have spent their hard-earned on the first five games they will be gagging for more. Net result will be good for the club.'

And let the flexi-ticket fee count towards the price of a season ticket if anyone wants to upgrade.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 10:08   #144

Accymad - you spoilsport. Trousers, onions .... it's a nice distraction from Sean McConville. But, yes, choose your analogies carefully is good advice.

(I think, as we have seen, that people can get rather cross over a single onion (ticket) purchase gone wrong. Maybe not to the point of stopping buying onions.)

What's important to the club? Maximising revenue this season? Getting cash in early to fund the squad? Growing the fan base for the future? That will determine whether you are selling onions or trousers.
AccyMad likes this.
Old 23-03-2017, 11:36   #145
God Member

I want some nice shoes for my new suit :-)
Old 23-03-2017, 11:39   #146

I agree, drop the onion analogy before it ends in tears!
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 11:46   #147

Flexi ticket £150 10 games
season ticket £219 23 games

you go to 11 games and its saving you money as £20 walk on price. Yes if travelling from afar you dont know what games you can attend but getting a season ticket you could pick and save money anyway

I like flexi tickets but to sell them and season tickets at the same time when trying to increase our core fans would be defeating the object.

lets get behind the club and lets reach target 1000
Old 23-03-2017, 13:13   #148
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
I agree, drop the onion analogy before it ends in tears!
Yes , but don't drop the trousers analogy for the same reason!
Revived Red likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 13:23   #149

Please DO drop it - it's just a waist of time.
Old 23-03-2017, 14:20   #150
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Morse View Post
'Why not offer flexi tickets to the non-believers? After they have spent their hard-earned on the first five games they will be gagging for more. Net result will be good for the club.'

And let the flexi-ticket fee count towards the price of a season ticket if anyone wants to upgrade.
Now that is a good idea
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..