Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree249Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-04-2017, 12:41   #181
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Season Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by widnes viking View Post
£3 to pay by debit card is a bit rich I thought
Thats why i'm called cashman, i always pay cash wherever its possible.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 20-04-2017, 12:49   #182

Quote:
£3 to pay by debit card is a bit rich I thought
There should be no surcharge for using a debit card, as the payment is taken straight from your own bank account.
A credit card is a different matter, as the vendor has to pay the credit card company a fee on every payment.
monkey hanger likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 13:47   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
There should be no surcharge for using a debit card, as the payment is taken straight from your own bank account.
A credit card is a different matter, as the vendor has to pay the credit card company a fee on every payment.
Which is more or less what I said to the young lady before leaving without buying the two season tickets I was going to buy.
cashman likes this.
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 14:15   #184
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Which is more or less what I said to the young lady before leaving without buying the two season tickets I was going to buy.
Good on yer, i'd have done exactly the same.
Old 20-04-2017, 14:19   #185

I will of course return when passing with a cheque but the club weren't to know this
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 20:26   #186
God Member

Quote:
Do you think she even knew the difference between a credit and a debit card? Charging extra for the latter is outrageous and bad for business.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 21:28   #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Do you think she even knew the difference between a credit and a debit card? Charging extra for the latter is outrageous and bad for business.
Surely our fans liaison rep should be bringing this to the attention of the Commercial Director?
I know of no commercial business that actually places a surcharge on a debit card payment.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 21:38   #188
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Surely our fans liaison rep should be bringing this to the attention of the Commercial Director?
I know of no commercial business that actually places a surcharge on a debit card payment.

Most don't as the charge for debit cards is easier than banking the cash, however some don't distinguish and it isn't just Stanley. Local shops used to charge, but most likely have a minimum spend for debit card transactions, as they will end up losing money if they sell a 20p bag of space raiders and only net 5p.

It was on the application form so the employee serving had no choice though.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2017, 01:32   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Most don't as the charge for debit cards is easier than banking the cash, however some don't distinguish and it isn't just Stanley. Local shops used to charge, but most likely have a minimum spend for debit card transactions, as they will end up losing money if they sell a 20p bag of space raiders and only net 5p.

It was on the application form so the employee serving had no choice though.
Most clubs who have an online ticket purchasing system make a charge for paying that way.

Its usually only 50p and is by no means the most outrageous charge some clubs make.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2017, 07:20   #190

It's no longer legal to charge more than the transaction fee incurred. Suggest that may have been a mistake by the person selling the ticket if that's how it was phrased.
They are allowed to change an admin fee - which should be made clear upfront. I would imagine this would apply equally to a credit or debit card transaction, or possibly even to a cash transaction.
When buying concert tickets the admin fee is often a booking fee - which pays the ticket agent - and there could also be a restoration fee made payable to the venue.

Bottom line is somehow the club needs money. If it makes a few quid on admin fees on top of a very cheap season ticket it's hardly a huge crime. Being upfront about the charges removes any argument though.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2017, 07:33   #191
God Member

Quote:
when i had a credit card one pound seemed to be the regular fee for useing it and free if a debit card is used. stanley are always let down on these occasions. what,s is the point of trying to sell 1,000 season tickets when obstacles are put in the way of fans trying to purchase em as well as renewing them.
cashman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2017, 07:51   #192

I was charged for using debit card to buy season ticket.Something to do with it going through Wham.Also bought tickets for Blackpool.No charge.Had to do separate transactions.
Charge might not be much but if you'd scraped money together for ST seems like a totally unneccessary load of twaddle.
Wonder why some money goes to Wham?
Perhaps it's tired and needs somewhere to rest.
If we have the facility to take debit card payments wonder why money not going straight to club.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2017, 08:07   #193
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Morse View Post
I was charged for using debit card to buy season ticket.Something to do with it going through Wham.Also bought tickets for Blackpool.No charge.Had to do separate transactions.
Charge might not be much but if you'd scraped money together for ST seems like a totally unneccessary load of twaddle.
Wonder why some money goes to Wham?
Perhaps it's tired and needs somewhere to rest.
If we have the facility to take debit card payments wonder why money not going straight to club.
I was told the same,when i went to renew my season ticket and had to ridiculously provide I.D. though ive had one for years and they know damn well i'm a pensioner, I was told that Stanley are now part of Wham so really we dont exist just a subsidiary,I doubt if Andy Holt is even aware of the stupidity thats going on? To me like Monkey Hanger said, its putting obstacles in front of gaining new supporters and may even LOSE some regular ones.
Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.
Old 21-04-2017, 08:21   #194
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
I should have also said,staff up yon have NO SAY whatsoever in procedures, they just have to do what Wham instruct, so that should be born in mind.
Old 21-04-2017, 09:10   #195
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I should have also said,staff up yon have NO SAY whatsoever in procedures, they just have to do what Wham instruct, so that should be born in mind.
quite true as they,re only following orders. they probebly agree with our moans but can,t do anything about it. seems football as an industry in general seem to go out of its way to upset fans, making it harder to purchase tickets etc. then moan about lack of fans. its not just stanley either. if shops had carried on like football clubs do there,d be tumble weed blowing around all our highstreets.
cashman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..