Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree249Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2017, 13:27   #76
God Member

Re: Season Tickets

Think I prefer Macca's plan in his first post to the re-hashed pie idea

Count me in Rob, sounds well worth a go & it's about time i got my teeth into something (& no Matt, that's not going back to the pie idea)
maccawozzagod likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-03-2017, 15:53   #77

Best of luck with it Maccawozgod. You seem a capable and knowledgable chap.
I'm intrigued by the soon to be historical club, since that's where I feel the Stanley "USP" is.
I suppose I have talked myself round to thinking that a successful team dwarfs everything with regard to increases in fan numbers. But even if you can add another 150 fans/game all things being equal then it helps financially and with the atmosphere inside the ground.

Actually, adding 150 would be a decent result?
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 20:03   #78
Full Member+

I get the feeling I've already been coerced into helping when inebriated anyway. Count me in too Rob.

Illustrations, Web & Graphic Design:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk

Accrington Stanley Section:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk/sections/accrington-stanley
Red-Osbornello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 23:28   #79

Went to watch Cremonese today. 3rd tier of Italian league system. Standard was a bit better than Stanley but wouldn't say it was as exciting. Stadium holds 20,000 but probably only about 4,000 on.

BUT it was 7 euros in. Great atmosphere - the fans never stopped singing and waving massive flags. and you could sup reasonably priced lager whilst watching the match.
It was brilliant. Fanzone was a crappy little hatch pumping out pints of beer at an amazing rate. All you needed for a cracking afternoon out.

I didn't have a pie.

Old 11-03-2017, 23:41   #80

Must have been wonderful to dispense with the long-johns?
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2017, 09:18   #81

Bradford city pricing £149 adults £5 kids
Old 16-03-2017, 12:02   #82
Senior Member+

season ticket renewal, proof of age required this year for concession renewals as well as 1st time applications,
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2017, 12:12   #83

Those Bradford City tickets are incredibly cheap. £6.50/match!

I noticed that last season they had a £50 flex i card - which meant you could go to 5 matches for £10 each. That's a neat idea.
Old 16-03-2017, 12:38   #84

Here's a bit of a season ticket run down... don't think the researchers had a cup o tea at the Wham.

Price of Football 2016: How much is the Championship? - BBC Sport
Old 16-03-2017, 17:01   #85

It would be interesting to see the earnings and outgoings of a club in the Italian third tier. Or how they make money outside of the game to subside such prices. You pay £7 to watch Colne here!!
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 16-03-2017, 17:26   #86

Seems Cremonese get an average of about 3,000 fans, some clubs in that division average only 200.

The ground holds 20,000 - really they are a Serie B club.

Gut reaction says they can't be professional footballers. I thought the standard was better than Stanley .... but that's before I witnessed tuesday night's epic performance!!!
Old 17-03-2017, 08:47   #87
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Those Bradford City tickets are incredibly cheap. £6.50/match!

I noticed that last season they had a £50 flex i card - which meant you could go to 5 matches for £10 each. That's a neat idea.
easy for them with their wembley appearances, fa cup runs with beating chelsea away, in or around the play offs every season. stanley are a different proposition. don,t think we,d sell many more if we had there prices. need a promotion and a bit of regular success before we can do giveaway deals like them.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2017, 20:32   #88
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Well handed over mine and my sons cash today for another season
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 18-03-2017, 09:55   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Have to say, most of time we were not scoring,we were still creating more than most oppositions, to me we aint played that poorly for most of this season,
Surprised given what hes doing for the club Andy Holt hasnt approached HBDC and suggested a scheme whereby they do a sponsorship whereby they put in a sum of money [ say 25k ]which then entitles every u16 resident in Hyndburn to either apply for a free season ticket or a matchday ticket at say just £2
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2017, 10:17   #90
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post
Surprised given what hes doing for the club Andy Holt hasnt approached HBDC and suggested a scheme whereby they do a sponsorship whereby they put in a sum of money [ say 25k ]which then entitles every u16 resident in Hyndburn to either apply for a free season ticket or a matchday ticket at say just £2
no chance. graham westley leading stanley out in the european cup final in 5 years time has more chance.
KiTChener likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..