Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree249Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-03-2017, 11:42   #91
Senior Member+

Re: Season Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
easy for them with their wembley appearances, fa cup runs with beating chelsea away, in or around the play offs every season. stanley are a different proposition. don,t think we,d sell many more if we had there prices. need a promotion and a bit of regular success before we can do giveaway deals like them.

disagree

i know of a few people who had flexi tickets who have hardly been since they stopped them and put the prices up
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-03-2017, 11:46   #92
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Have to say i'm aware of a couple who come much less since they stopped flexis.
Old 18-03-2017, 12:37   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Have to say i'm aware of a couple who come much less since they stopped flexis.
I would count myself in the same category. Having paid upfront was often the deciding factor more so these days. It was a simple scheme with little administration costs that suited those where a season ticket didn't
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2017, 12:56   #94
Senior Member+

most clubs who dont sell out (tends to be everyone outside of man city, man utd, chelsea, arsenal, tottenham, liverpool and everton) offer some form of flexi ticket.

a few dont such as Leeds and west ham, but they have a decent following already or ground is small enough to fill (such as Bournemouth).
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 18-03-2017, 17:06   #95
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
most clubs who dont sell out (tends to be everyone outside of man city, man utd, chelsea, arsenal, tottenham, liverpool and everton) offer some form of flexi ticket.

a few dont such as Leeds and west ham, but they have a decent following already or ground is small enough to fill (such as Bournemouth).
I have never seen other clubs offer something similar when looking at away prices. I expect if other clubs do it is a very small minority as opposed to 'most'.

If you said that most offer discounts for buying specific match tickets in advance I would be more inclined to agree, but that is the opposite of flexi.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 04:51   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
I have never seen other clubs offer something similar when looking at away prices. I expect if other clubs do it is a very small minority as opposed to 'most'.

If you said that most offer discounts for buying specific match tickets in advance I would be more inclined to agree, but that is the opposite of flexi.
Was the flexi ticket just a straight amount for x number of games giving a per match figure halfway between the season ticket and matchday price ?

Or was there a membership element as there is at Carlisle where it makes it so convoluted that last year they only sold 150 all season ?
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 06:41   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post
Was the flexi ticket just a straight amount for x number of games giving a per match figure halfway between the season ticket and matchday price ?

Or was there a membership element as there is at Carlisle where it makes it so convoluted that last year they only sold 150 all season ?
It was £150 for 10 tickets which could be swapped for match tickets for any game and any number per game. If you bought it preseason you could sometimes get it for £135
Old 19-03-2017, 07:57   #98
God Member

Quote:
disagree

i know of a few people who had flexi tickets who have hardly been since they stopped them and put the prices up
i meant season ticket prices. totally agree on flexi tickets as not everyone can go everyweek for one reason or another.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 11:45   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
It was £150 for 10 tickets which could be swapped for match tickets for any game and any number per game. If you bought it preseason you could sometimes get it for £135
But surely at £150 for 10 tickets ie £15 per game that just the same as a POTD Matchday ticket with a membership card ?

If you really wanted to commit your money at the start of the season surely you be better buying an early purchase season ticket and then let a mate use it for the games you dont want to do ?
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 11:49   #100
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post
But surely at £150 for 10 tickets ie £15 per game that just the same as a POTD Matchday ticket with a membership card ?

If you really wanted to commit your money at the start of the season surely you be better buying an early purchase season ticket and then let a mate use it for the games you dont want to do ?
Hows that gonna work? he lives in Scotland.
Old 19-03-2017, 12:06   #101
Senior Member+

the beauty of the flexi ticket was you could take a mate using the vouchers, so you may only end up going to 5 games as you would use all 10 vouchers x2

For clubs who rarely sell out, flexi tickets make alot of sense
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 19-03-2017, 12:10   #102
Senior Member+

In terms of flexi tickets, the 1st page on google search brings up Shrewsbury, Bury, Bradford, Bristol Rovers, Coventry, Peterborough, etc
Old 19-03-2017, 12:10   #103
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Flexis make a great deal of sense,to clubs like ours IMHO
Old 19-03-2017, 12:19   #104
Full Member+

Quote:
In terms of flexi tickets, the 1st page on google search brings up Shrewsbury, Bury, Bradford, Bristol Rovers, Coventry, Peterborough, etc
That is our membership card, reduced match tickets for 1 person for Bradford but not for this season. The Coventry link in from 2012 and for one person also, so not current or the same.

I haven't seen any club ever do the flexi-tickets we have ever, i.e. any number of people for any game. Most couldn't guarantee never to sell out a league game.

Imagine if you had people turning up with flexi tickets for Stevenage last year and being turned away, even stanley can sell out so it is not that easy.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 12:40   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
That is our membership card, reduced match tickets for 1 person for Bradford but not for this season. The Coventry link in from 2012 and for one person also, so not current or the same.

I haven't seen any club ever do the flexi-tickets we have ever, i.e. any number of people for any game. Most couldn't guarantee never to sell out a league game.

Imagine if you had people turning up with flexi tickets for Stevenage last year and being turned away, even stanley can sell out so it is not that easy.

I swapped my flexiticket voucher for a ticket in advance at a game before. It wasn't that difficult.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..