Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree249Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2017, 06:19   #121
God Member

Re: Season Tickets

At concessionary rates I just paid £21 at Exeter and £20 at Yeovil. Both clubs, I'm sure, have discounts for home fans in one form another so away fans are not charged the same as home fans at some other grounds.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-03-2017, 06:24   #122
I am Banned

Rochdale have brought out a price system so they people who bought one pay less of more people buy one, if 4000 are bought it's at the cheapest price, then for every thousand less that buy the ticket price goes up
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2017, 06:34   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
We shouldn't be making away fans pay £20 for the worst facilities in the league and charge Stanley fans less, it is really against the rules. Premier League away at Arsenal with padded seats cost no more than £30, or any other away game in the same division, not value for money at Stanley and away numbers will dwindle the more we play the same teams.

Which is probably why they don't exist anymore, otherwise away fans would allowed to buy them in groups of 10 for parity.

Surely a 'ridiculously low' season ticket is incentive enough?

I never said I was against flexi tickets in any way, however no other clubs have the same thing was my point, and there is likely to be a reason why, it is blatantly charging away fans more for the same game compared to home fans if bought in a block of 10 for one game.
I agree that we shouldn't be charging away fans £20 but it's an economic necessity for now. It is not against the rules as walk on prices are the same.

Flexi tickets were treated as season tickets which is why they could be cheaper and as such could be restricted to home areas. Away fans couldn't buy them due to segregation rules. Proper Season tickets don't always suit people who can't make all the games for various reasons and as such would not be value for money.

I can't believe you are trying to compare it with the Premier League as there is a reason why they can restrict prices or rather there are tens of millions of reasons - TV money. Fans are an optional extra it seems in the Premier League.

Just because other club haven't done the same thing doesn't mean we can't. Perhaps it's because they don't have the lowest crowds in the league?
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2017, 08:15   #124

Chrisr - introducing an electronic ticketing system on its own won't tell you much. It needs to go hand-in-hand with a number of other technologies that I would guess would be beyond Stanley (financially and culturally) at this point.

Mayor music event promoters and venues don't have it yet, even though they have the ticketing systems.

I guess there's two lines of thought: get a ticketing system now so at least you can gather some data and wait and add the rest later. Or, keep things as they are and concentrate on getting other things done.
Chrisr likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2017, 20:20   #125
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post

I never said I was against flexi tickets in any way, however no other clubs have the same thing was my point, and there is likely to be a reason why, it is blatantly charging away fans more for the same game compared to home fans if bought in a block of 10 for one game.

wrong, other clubs did and do offer them.

i never heard of any away fans buying them to get 10 people in, do you have any evidence?

simple solution - only sell them up to the start of the season.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2017, 20:33   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post

i never heard of any away fans buying them to get 10 people in, do you have any evidence?

Since they are "season tickets" they are only available in home areas so away fans can't buy them. To do so would be against segregation rules.

Not an issue in reality
Old 21-03-2017, 21:50   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
I agree that we shouldn't be charging away fans £20 but it's an economic necessity for now. It is not against the rules as walk on prices are the same.

Flexi tickets were treated as season tickets which is why they could be cheaper and as such could be restricted to home areas. Away fans couldn't buy them due to segregation rules. Proper Season tickets don't always suit people who can't make all the games for various reasons and as such would not be value for money.

I can't believe you are trying to compare it with the Premier League as there is a reason why they can restrict prices or rather there are tens of millions of reasons - TV money. Fans are an optional extra it seems in the Premier League.

Just because other club haven't done the same thing doesn't mean we can't. Perhaps it's because they don't have the lowest crowds in the league?
I dont think it the 20 quid price that other clubs fans moan about [ dont forget to be able to stand on an open terrace is something thats getting very rare now and for some younger fans in will be a first time experience ]

What really does **** them off though are the pretty atrocious facilities in terms of food [ standard choice and cost ] and toilets.

If whats been built at the Clayton End was replicated i.m pretty sure it would actually lead to an increase in visiting fans as in every other area a visit to Accrington is seen as a pretty good experience.

But if the New Stand isnt going to be started in the summer it might be a good idea to let the away fans have the end block in the main stand again as the seats on the far side really is somthing that puts off visitors who do for whatever reason want to sit.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2017, 22:12   #128
Full Member+

Quote:

The Luton game at the start if 2015/16 allowed a lot to be used first game the season, it was a no brainer on a sunny day with a lack of other games for a day out. It was a no brainer for groups to get flexis for this game. I was on about home fans not away.

I'm not sure any other clubs let you buy multiple tickets for the same game, however my contention was you said most did which was a complete fabrication.

The fact Stanley don't sell tickets for away games where very few fans attend is understandable, but the discount early prices for the likes of Yeovil are offered to away fans, and maybe a decent online site would help. The problem is for 69 away fans is it worth it? Maybe when then new stand is built and there are better seats available at home and more choice a online site would be practicable for home and away sales. But not at current crowd levels though with the vast majority being season tickets or away fans though.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 08:44   #129
Senior Member+

Problem is chewbacca , large groups won't come at £20 each, the discount makes it worthwhile.

It's gonna be pitiful the number of walk on fans who turn up and pay £20

Far better to offer incentives to home fans such as the flexi ticket to try and increase attendance and revenues
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 22-03-2017, 17:17   #130
Senior Member+

I think the flexi tickets are a good idea, I'd rather have someone commit to 10 games than maybe 3/4 like Deeayess mentioned!

I think the club will be trying to shove a few season tickets before announcing any flexi ticket deal - if they do at all!

To be fair to Dave Burgess and Andy Holt, they do listen to what fans want and try and come up with the best solution for both fans and club!
Old 22-03-2017, 18:29   #131
God Member

Quote:
....simple solution - only sell them up to the start of the season.
Do you not understand that offering flexi tickets now is self-defeating for the club? The financial priority for the club is trying to sell as many season tickets as it can before next season starts.
If its business was to try and sell 1,000 suits it would be madness to offer the trousers and jackets as separates at a discount at the same time.
Basic marketing.
mab likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 19:13   #132
Senior Member+

yes and its also self defeating not to have fans money in may/june on a flexi ticket, than have them not attend at all or only come to 1 game.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 22-03-2017, 19:43   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Do you not understand that offering flexi tickets now is self-defeating for the club? The financial priority for the club is trying to sell as many season tickets as it can before next season starts.
If its business was to try and sell 1,000 suits it would be madness to offer the trousers and jackets as separates at a discount at the same time.
Basic marketing.
You aren't going to sell a suit to someone who only wants a pair of trousers though. Do you sell 700 suits and be left with 300 or sell the trousers for slightly more and only be left with 300 jackets?
Old 22-03-2017, 19:50   #134

What about a nice blazer and roll neck sweater? Suits you sir.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 20:01   #135

Why not just tailor it to meet fans needs!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..