Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree249Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2017, 11:58   #1
God Member

Season Tickets

Prices just announced on fishy site - says they're frozen but sure mine was £199 last year, now £219 - still cracking value though & early bird timescale is longer, from 6th March to 28th April - good stuff!!
Wynonie Harris likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-03-2017, 12:28   #2
God Member

Re: Season Tickets

Just read through the small print - early bird prices have been increased by 87p per game to 'keep overall costs down' but the standard prices (post early bird) have been frozen & are exactly same as last season - that explains the £20 increase for early birders, thought it was me remembering it wrong
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 12:39   #3

Three cheers for Mr A Holt! Another cracking and irresistible bargain.
Wynonie Harris and anmc like this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 12:57   #4
I am Banned

Don't see why you have to pay same price to stand as you do sit, surely it should be cheaper, not like your reserving a seat
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 13:19   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Don't see why you have to pay same price to stand as you do sit, surely it should be cheaper, not like your reserving a seat
The away fans don't have many seats so if you want to fleece them then you have to charge the home fans the same.

If you increase the price for seats then probably less people will pay it.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 17:15   #6
Full Member+

The price increase of £20 for the season overall is nothing in the scheme of things. I am sure somebody asked if we were prepared to pay an extra £20/25 to help with ground improvements. Not bothered just curious.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 21:42   #7
Senior Member+

Much as I applaud the club with the early release of season ticket prices, my main beef is the length of time you get to pay them. 2 months is not enough. Payments should be spread over a maximum of 4 months at 3 x £54 per month and one of £53. More likely to get the 1,000 they want than trying to get the money in so quickly. If folk decide after the 30th June, then put the prices up to the £264.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 00:17   #8

Superbly cheap. More than willing to pay the extra £19 to offset U12's going down to a fiver.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:54   #9
Senior Member+

I do think more people will benefit from installment choice, but then again everybody knows that season tickets are due and how much they're going to cost give or take a little

It's not like your boiler has packed in and got to find and unexpected £220 quid from somewhere!
maccawozzagod likes this.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:02   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
I do think more people will benefit from installment choice, but then again everybody knows that season tickets are due and how much they're going to cost give or take a little

It's not like your boiler has packed in and got to find and unexpected £220 quid from somewhere!
Wrong, new fans we are trying to attract will more than like have little idea of prices etc?
Old 05-03-2017, 10:21   #11

Quote:

believe it or not but £220 in spare cash is a lot of money to some people even if they know when it's due. Having installments through the summer when there are no games make it easier to use the money you would have spent going to games.

I know this defeats the purpose of needing the money in to cover the summer when there is no income but I thought there was less pressure for money these days. That and how many people would be involved in this.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:26   #12
Senior Member+

Great value tickets again by the club.

Good to see the membership cards will be returning again as per this season, which I will be taking advantage of.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 19:20   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Wrong, new fans we are trying to attract will more than like have little idea of prices etc?
So if you was a new fan thinking of getting a season ticket for the first time, but didn't know the prices, surely you could ask a fellow fan at the game "how much was your season ticket this season?" Or look online?
Old 05-03-2017, 19:34   #14

Quote:
So if you was a new fan thinking of getting a season ticket for the first time, but didn't know the prices, surely you could ask a fellow fan at the game "how much was your season ticket this season?" Or look online?
If it was as easy as that we would have a lot more fans. I think the approach is "look how cheap a season ticket for Stanley is and you can pay by installments" which results in new fans.
cashman, Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.
Old 05-03-2017, 22:07   #15
I am Banned

Cheapest burnley season ticket is £329
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..