Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-03-2012, 22:01   #1
Full Member+

Senior Concession Age

After handing in my application for a Concession ST before the Oxford game, I have been stunned today to get a phone call from the club to say that the senior concession age has jumped from 60 to 65.
To quote from the fine print this is to ' to fall in line with the government's universal retirement age'.
This throws up the anomily of those who have already qualified in recent seasons but still not 65 paying £170/£190 whilst those who apply for reaching 60 now will be told they need to pay adult ST price £255/£285.
No thought seems to have gone into forewarning those approaching the previous concession age of 60 and neither does the club seem to have considered a phased introduction.
I've told them I'm not prepared to pay full adult price for another 5 years to qualify for a concession ST. I'm sure there are probably a more in the same boat as me and unless the club can come up with a compromise I can see more refusing too at a time when, to their credit, the club has held ST prices this year.
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-03-2012, 22:20   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Senior Concession Age

Not good news. I can only come to about 8 home games each season so I know that I would lose out at the previous concessionary age rate of 60 but with the cost of fuel now so high, the cost for me of attending a game has doubled over the last 2 years and it just does not make sense to pay out so much for a season ticket at this new full price. So I'll just pay at the gate in future.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 22:29   #3
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
After handing in my application for a Concession ST before the Oxford game, I have been stunned today to get a phone call from the club to say that the senior concession age has jumped from 60 to 65.
To quote from the fine print this is to ' to fall in line with the government's universal retirement age'.
Thought there is a cut off point ie date of birth to when this applys to them who are fast approching retirement age not those who are 60
Old 28-03-2012, 23:57   #4
God Member

thats because retirement age has gone up probably
Old 29-03-2012, 09:12   #5
Full Member+

You're a fountain of knowledge, Cmon
Old 29-03-2012, 10:43   #6
Senior Member+

The government retirement age raising is phased in to 2015 then from then until early 2020's they are raising retirement age to 66, I know it affects me and I am well and truly cheesed off, having to work 6 months after my 65th birthday. But I do agree, the club could (and should) have given a bit more notice to prospective ST purchasers.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 19:53   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Not good news. I can only come to about 8 home games each season so I know that I would lose out at the previous concessionary age rate of 60 but with the cost of fuel now so high, the cost for me of attending a game has doubled over the last 2 years and it just does not make sense to pay out so much for a season ticket at this new full price. So I'll just pay at the gate in future.
According to the club web site 60 to 65 year olds who presently hold a concession season ticket will be able to purchase a new concession season ticket for the coming season
but concessions for 1st time applications will be strictly for over 65 year olds
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 16:32   #8
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
According to the club web site 60 to 65 year olds who presently hold a concession season ticket will be able to purchase a new concession season ticket for the coming season
but concessions for 1st time applications will be strictly for over 65 year olds

That's right accybeme but I would advise any regular ST holder who reached last year's concession age of 60 during the present season to have a chat with the club
Old 17-04-2012, 16:35   #9
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post

Incidently Rev Red, don't know if you are aware that adult matchday gate prices go up next season to £17 but if you buy tickets in advance it's £15

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..