Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By cashman
  • 1 Post By Chimer
  • 1 Post By maccawozzagod

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-09-2016, 12:30   #1
I am Banned

Shop

Temporary shop bid before new stand at Accrington Stanley (From This Is Lancashire)

They kept this quiet
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-09-2016, 18:13   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Shop

I was under the impression that the new stand was on the Whinney Hill side of the ground. So when did those plans change? Or is this more shoddy reporting by the Evening Telegraph? As far as I know, there has been no mention of redeveloping the Jack Barrett stand.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2016, 20:32   #3
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
I was under the impression that the new stand was on the Whinney Hill side of the ground. So when did those plans change? Or is this more shoddy reporting by the Evening Telegraph? As far as I know, there has been no mention of redeveloping the Jack Barrett stand.
Unless they think the cow sheds main stand or gonna become the main stand
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2016, 21:58   #4
God Member

When I spoke to the powers that be during the summer, it was inferred that improving facilities for tbe current fans was more important than providing extra facilities. Quite right too.

I know nothing of any plans but would have thought it makes sense to rejig a few things.

Maybe align the two separate stands and join them in the middle?
Remodelling the clubhouse and knocking down the offices would allow for a concourse behind the stand.
New car parking has been provided so the spaces between the clubhouse and clayton end could be conceded to allow for clubhouse remodelling/concourse construction

Just some thoughts
Old 20-09-2016, 07:57   #5
Senior Member+

I believe it was always in the plans for the offices and shop to move to the garages to the rear of the Clayton End. This was mentioned in the Fans Forum by Dave Burgess when we had a Supporters Club meeting just before the start of the season. And I agree with what you say Macca, remodelling the Jack Barrett stand would make sense as would putting the changing rooms as part of the new stand when it is finally built with the dugouts built in to that. There will obviously be parking for the team coaches and Stanley players and staff to the rear of this. I am going to assume shoddy reporting once again.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2016, 08:15   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
. I am going to assume shoddy reporting once again.
Now be fair thats compulsary fer the L.E.T.
Old 20-09-2016, 15:18   #7
Senior Member+

Given that the plans for the new Whinney Hill stand have been in existence (and approved I think?) for some time, the reference to "plans to be drawn up soon" suggests a second development, on the main stand side, is in the club's mind, and the LET are using the old Whinney Hill artist's impression by mistake.

Maybe a bit over-ambitious to think of doing both sides, but the current main stand side could certainly do with improvement. Perhaps Whinney Hill will become the main stand with offices and changing rooms leaving the other side comparatively simple?
Outback Ozzy likes this.
Old 20-09-2016, 19:50   #8
God Member

Who knows Chimer? I do wish the club would do some kind of 'unveiling' and let us all in on whatever grand plans we may or may not have. Hype needs some basis of substance with which to build from, and something like ground development is great for this. Couple that with any kind of form on the field and you have wheels for your bandwagon
AccyMad likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..