Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2020, 09:56   #46
God Member

Re: Shrewsbury Thread

We will have to be much better Saturday against the plastic Dons lost only 1 in last 7 league games and that was against top team Hull, have to create more and especially Charles stop overdoing it and keep it simple goals are proving hard to get from open play.
cashman, pifco and monkey hanger like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-12-2020, 11:31   #47
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

thing is though Lincoln have played 2 games more and only scored 2 goals more so i dont read that much in the fact we aint scoring loads,
Old 03-12-2020, 17:28   #48
Full Member+

SeamusConneely voted man of the match from last night,
Of 288 votes on Twitter, he got a huge 47%!
Finally getting the recognition he deserves. Congratulations, skip!
AccyMad likes this.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 17:43   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Yes Seamus would get my vote last night in a game that we struggled to get any yardage, good point gained in an under performing effort Seamus only one really who put is usual shift in, but signs of never give up as the 95th minute equaliser proved.
Old 03-12-2020, 18:35   #50
God Member

Did not watch the iFollow last night, but just seen highlights on F.L. Show....

Do not understand the crowd in the ground?

I cannot believe for one minute that all of those people were all in their respective 'bubbles' (hate that word/saying!!!)

Most of what I saw was plenty of people stood next to plenty of other people???

Might just have been the clips shown, but does not fill me with any confidence at all and the crowd was small????
pifco likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 18:50   #51
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

funny i thought the same joe.
Old 03-12-2020, 19:30   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Did not watch the iFollow last night, but just seen highlights on F.L. Show....

Do not understand the crowd in the ground?

I cannot believe for one minute that all of those people were all in their respective 'bubbles' (hate that word/saying!!!)

Most of what I saw was plenty of people stood next to plenty of other people???

Might just have been the clips shown, but does not fill me with any confidence at all and the crowd was small????
Have to agree I'm afraid, still think it's a tad unfair having some clubs with fans and others potentially apart from vaccines possibly changing things could be locked out at some clubs till Easter vastly unfair.
Old 03-12-2020, 19:51   #53
God Member

A quick mention for Harvey Rodgers who just as guilty as most has loose in passing did two things that went a long way in gaining us a point excellent clearance of the line and an excellent defencive header under pressure stopping certainly a clear header on target from their man well played Harvey another very underated player in our squad.
cashman likes this.
Old 03-12-2020, 20:02   #54
God Member

Agree about home fans only, it is not fair, but what is at the moment??

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 08:42   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
think he has made the majority of fans start to realize how important he is in the side. stanley always look a better compact side with him playing. when he is out we have looked like a team lost akin to a ship floundering in heavy seas. its a team game not just 11 individuals on a pitch doing their own thing.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 08:48   #56
God Member

[QUOTE=VALAIRIAN;1247511]Agree about home fans only, it is not fair, but what is at the moment??

even if we had home fans only i for one would count myself out. after reading all the do,s and don,ts of attending they would not get me within a mile of the wham. heard of a charlton fan winning his ballot of attending the game and having to sit in his seat 1 hour 45 minutes before k o the other night.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 09:54   #57
God Member

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1247523]
Quote:

even if we had home fans only i for one would count myself out. after reading all the do,s and don,ts of attending they would not get me within a mile of the wham. heard of a charlton fan winning his ballot of attending the game and having to sit in his seat 1 hour 45 minutes before k o the other night.
Imagine that at the Wham in winter at minus 2 or 3 degree,s having to listen to very loud music would probably get hyperthermia related hearing loss.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 04-12-2020, 10:07   #58
God Member

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1247523]
Quote:

Having just read the Charlton forum majority of the posts of those that attended are not very positive a lot saying they aren't bothering putting themselves in the ballot for future games, prefer to wait until normality. Interesting comment from a spectacle wearing supporter who said it was virtually impossible to see through constantly misted up glasses due to mask wearing that's another reason for me to not bother.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 04-12-2020, 10:16   #59

Smile Re: Shrewsbury Thread

Well I for one can't wait to get back to the Wham........I'll be first in the queue all masked up and ready to go......COYR...
AccyMad likes this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 11:56   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Well I for one can't wait to get back to the Wham........I'll be first in the queue all masked up and ready to go......COYR...
Me too, it's been too long already - can't wait
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..