Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2015, 16:35   #31
God Member

Re: Shrewsbury Town Game

Worried a bit because last few videos with Coley all he seems to mention is our lack of crowd numbers and small budget wait till next season ( if we are still afloat ) me think,s budget will be worst ever.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-03-2015, 16:44   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Worried a bit because last few videos with Coley all he seems to mention is our lack of crowd numbers and small budget wait till next season ( if we are still afloat ) me think,s budget will be worst ever.
Might be wrong but I think I recall Peter Marsden said James Beattie had the biggest budget the club have ever had, So maybe with a lot of players out of contract in the summer, Coley can find some more young hungry players on peanuts as he has done in the past!
Alvin the chipmunk and DAV007 like this.
Old 04-03-2015, 17:30   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post

Look how they celebrated the winner against little old Accrington!!!.
Ow do, owd lad. Think you're being a bit unfair on us here. I have never heard anyone refer to you as "little". We were all bracing ourselves for a hard match, and we got one. Most of us would have taken a draw before the game.

One thing we are, is fit as a butcher's dog. I believe that's 20 points won in the last 10 minutes of games this season.

Anyway, onwards and upwards for you guys. Good luck for the rest of the season. J.T.
Alvin the chipmunk likes this.
jaytee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 17:30   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Might be wrong but I think I recall Peter Marsden said James Beattie had the biggest budget the club have ever had, So maybe with a lot of players out of contract in the summer, Coley can find some more young hungry players on peanuts as he has done in the past!
If Beattie did have the biggest budget at that time Coleman's must be bigger looking at the squad now.

Awful awful interview: 'not making excuses or moaning but......budget... Facilities....Budget.... Resources....budget....supporters...tiredness....'

Give us a break, he took the job, I would guess he knew what the situation was when he took it.
AccyMad and Greeny like this.
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 17:47   #35
Resting in Peace

Not an awful interview in my book. I think Coley is fully justified in calling for a reality check, from the likes of me as much as from anybody. You will find Jim Bentley takes a similar view on his situation at Morecambe, whose poor home form is resulting a lot of adverse comment on Shrimpsvoices, even though they are also punching very well above their weight.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 18:54   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMoody View Post
If Beattie did have the biggest budget at that time Coleman's must be bigger looking at the squad now.

Awful awful interview: 'not making excuses or moaning but......budget... Facilities....Budget.... Resources....budget....supporters...tiredness....'

Give us a break, he took the job, I would guess he knew what the situation was when he took it.
If you was Coley and week in week out fans were having a go at you, especially when we have just played 4 out of the top 6 teams and been unlucky not to win some of them games, You'd get cheesed off too!

What makes you think its bigger? Hard to tell with all the loan players and what deals were paying their clubs if anything! But we have loaned Carver and Aldred has also gone who you'd think was one of the bigger earners!
Alvin the chipmunk likes this.
Old 04-03-2015, 18:58   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
Ow do, owd lad. Think you're being a bit unfair on us here. I have never heard anyone refer to you as "little". We were all bracing ourselves for a hard match, and we got one. Most of us would have taken a draw before the game.

One thing we are, is fit as a butcher's dog. I believe that's 20 points won in the last 10 minutes of games this season.

Anyway, onwards and upwards for you guys. Good luck for the rest of the season. J.T.
That's a nice reply and a little respect instead of the "tin pot" club that's normally dished out.
Likewise I thought your tempo and pressing was excellent as we normally do that to other teams as we are a very fit team as well
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 19:05   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
You have to live within your means,and on our gates that's the only way to survive by getting young lads with a point to prove where playing football comes before money.
If they progress then don't deny them a move for more money
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 20:26   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
You have to live within your means,and on our gates that's the only way to survive by getting young lads with a point to prove where playing football comes before money.
If they progress then don't deny them a move for more money
You also have to live within the rules, I think it's 55% of revenue allowed for players wages. Not a lot you can do with 55% of nowt
Alvin the chipmunk and Chrisr like this.
Old 04-03-2015, 21:36   #40
Full Member+

With a club like ours which has an international reputation, Surely we should be attracting big sponsors. I have said on a number of occasions we need to market the club much better. When you look around the area say within 1 hours drive just count how many league clubs there are. This is a low wage area and we need the numbers at current prices however many people just don't have the cash to spare for the luxury of a football match.
I was very worried by JCs comment that he had not been paid. when we are getting gates as low as 919 it is embarrassing for the club, We have more season ticket holders than that, So the big question is how do we get more people to attend and why are so many season ticket holders missing games? Unless we can stop the decline we might as well shut the gates permanently as we can't survive on our current gate receipts or advert income. our hospitality needs to be more attractive . As strong supporters of the club we should all make the effort to attend the supporters club meetings, It is there where we can exchange ideas and try to find a way forward.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 07:41   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Dont know were yeh get we have more season ticket holders than that chrisr? I reckon we only got half of 919,most i reckon come anyhow, time of year means flu, me mates missed last couple through it, plus some live well away, so evening matches are a no-no, through work or transport.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:48   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Dont know were yeh get we have more season ticket holders than that chrisr? I reckon we only got half of 919,most i reckon come anyhow, time of year means flu, me mates missed last couple through it, plus some live well away, so evening matches are a no-no, through work or transport.
I thought the figure was around the 500 mark
Old 05-03-2015, 08:22   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I thought the figure was around the 500 mark
I heard just below 500 Dave, certainly not oer 919.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:06   #44
Full Member+

Thumbs up Re: Shrewsbury Town Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I accept that people will miss games through illness and work patterns, However I shall make a point of finding out the exact figure of season ticket holders, I am sure it is much more than 500 and nearer the 900 mark but i can't prove it. The real point is we can not survive on the gates we get, we need at least 2000 to make any headway, A club like ours should be able to command a respectable home crowd of 2000 from a town of 80,000. we all need to work together to attract people to the games.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 11:21   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
I accept that people will miss games through illness and work patterns, However I shall make a point of finding out the exact figure of season ticket holders, I am sure it is much more than 500 and nearer the 900 mark but i can't prove it. The real point is we can not survive on the gates we get, we need at least 2000 to make any headway, A club like ours should be able to command a respectable home crowd of 2000 from a town of 80,000. we all need to work together to attract people to the games.

Every offer going has been applied, I'm afraid the best attraction is a winning team. There's lots to be done on the 'off-field' side though to get more income

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..