Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-08-2014, 23:14   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Shrewsbury Town Match Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
I agree, but we have got to attack Luton from the off, the weakest part of their team is the defence.
Thats fer sure no question, Tonight was a very poor display, no passion or desire to be first to the ball. once again NO MAN on the post fer corners, and why we persist in punting the ball high to a forward line of short arses is beyond me? Saying that the game was once again destroyed by useless officials, The first goal Mangan handled no question, Our keeper was then sent off fer nowt more than a 50/50, of which the shrews forward commited the first offence, the third another handball i couldn't sodding believe what i was watching. In the second half the Shrews eventually scored a cracker against a tiring 10 men, Carver came on n showed more determination in his short time than Gray had all match.
Old 20-08-2014, 06:20   #32
God Member

Sounded dreadful, but every team gets, and gives, a 4-0 every season. Let's hope that's Stanley's drubbing out of the way.
Interesting Mr.Beattie talked about things going on at the club this week...any ideas to what he was referring?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2014, 06:36   #33

Probably not been paid again....................
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2014, 07:24   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Think he was referring to some theiving scrotes nicking all the players boots,we heard they played in borrowed uns last night?
Old 20-08-2014, 07:26   #35

Bad news if not being paid again so early in the season. Putting 2+2 together I thought the same tbh. Doesn't bode well for more loan signings either. A season that started with such optimism :-(
Stanleyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2014, 07:43   #36
God Member

Don't suppose there's any point appealing against Luke Simpson's red card? With our luck with refs we'd probably lose the appeal & end up with a fine or another game added to his suspension!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2014, 07:51   #37
God Member

[QUOTE=Stanleyboy;1113996 Putting 2+2 together I thought the same tbh. [/QUOTE]

The maths are wrong
Old 20-08-2014, 08:17   #38
Senior Member+

Got to agree with Cashy,but watched the goals this morning and there even worse than i thought !!
The first the keeper really should deal with the back pass,but it was handball,indeed his arm was above his head !!.
For me though the left back was on the ball,under no pressure and just turned and put Tom under pressure.
The second was a joke,the ball went back to the keeper,who came for it and it bounced over his head !!.it was a penalty but not a sending off as Tom was goal side.
The third,from a corner,Tom seemed to get under the ball,but the lad controlled it with his arm and volleyed it in -- its handball,simple.
The fourth again was preventable,Hunty was out of position and got skinned,but to be fair the cross was good,but the left back will be disappointed he reacted slowly and could of dealt with it.
The negatives - We just opened the game up from the start going 4-4-2 and played with width (Hatfield isn't a winger )
Gray and Bowerman just doesnt work.
The positives - The lads gave everything they had in the second half (in terms of effort)
Joycy did ok and the young keeper as well.
For me though, the spine of the team has been ripped out,is simpson,windass and grey as effective as Benotelli,murph and Kayo ?,for me,that needs addressing
smobile likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2014, 09:24   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

We need a fighter/mixer in midfield no question at all to me, Procky was never a big favourite of mine, but thats the job he did well.
Old 20-08-2014, 09:38   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
We need a fighter/mixer in midfield no question at all to me, Procky was never a big favourite of mine, but thats the job he did well.
Do you want me to hijack him at the golf club and throw him out at the training ground golf clubs and all? Trouble is all the bloody boots have been stolen,still golf shoes have studs?
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2014, 09:40   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
Do you want me to hijack him at the golf club and throw him out at the training ground golf clubs and all? Trouble is all the bloody boots have been stolen,still golf shoes have studs?
Now that is a good idea,Cos hes boots won't have been nicked?
Old 20-08-2014, 12:59   #42

There is no shape to the side at all. At times last night we chased the ball in packs like they tell you not to do at school. You can argue about bad refereeing until the cows come home but giving him those decisions to make was self inflicted.

Last season we had the spine of Bettenelli...Aldred...Murphy...and Odejayi running through the middle of the team. 3/4 of that has gone now and I think we are missing them more than we possibly thought.

The lack of width seriously worries me....no out and out wingers.

Last seasons 12 match winless streak we were very unlucky and kept getting beat in auspicious circumstances....ie batterering Burton and them scoring in the 95th. This season so far...bar 10 minutes at Leeds.....we have been bullied and battered all over the shop. Cheltenham and Southend comfortably did a number on us too and could have had many more

In conclusion...need a target man, a midfield hatchet man and an out and out winger.

Positives. Mr Lynch did well on his debut...no chance with the goals.
smudgie likes this.
Old 20-08-2014, 13:04   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Were is anyone arguing about bad refs Alvin?just stating fact, they were crap unless you think otherwise.
Old 20-08-2014, 13:26   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Just read the "Blue and Amber" Board, the Shrews fans have a better opinion of our performance than i do, Fair play to em.
Old 20-08-2014, 13:30   #45
Senior Member+

Quelle catastrophe!
Picking up my season ticket tomorrow so I will be watching the 'new team' for the first time since last season on saturday.
Reserving further comment until I have watched them play.
hope my presence will make the difference on saturday....toot toot.....

Last edited by choirboy; 20-08-2014 at 13:33.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..