Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-08-2014, 17:31   #1
Senior Member+

Shrewsbury Town Match Thread.

Well this looks yet another tough trip!

Who's in your XI??

Ive actually got no idea!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-08-2014, 17:55   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Shrewsbury Town Match Thread.

Me i would revert Hunty back to full back, Buxton midfield n start Mingoia.
Old 18-08-2014, 21:18   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Me i would revert Hunty back to full back, Buxton midfield n start Mingoia.
you'll probably get your wish
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2014, 23:59   #4

Alabi flatters to decieve and Gray has chocolate ankles and falls under a stiff breeze. I'd go with Hatfield up front. Nver let us down and scores whenever he gets a run in the side. Simpson and Mingoia are obvious starters but as Smudgie says they rest is a mystery!!!
Old 19-08-2014, 07:48   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
Alabi flatters to decieve and Gray has chocolate ankles and falls under a stiff breeze. I'd go with Hatfield up front. Nver let us down and scores whenever he gets a run in the side. Simpson and Mingoia are obvious starters but as Smudgie says they rest is a mystery!!!
6 league goals in 70-odd appearances would suggest otherwise! Having said that I would play Hatfield, think his work rate and endeavour seems to be undervalued by the manager. Mingioa got to start .
My team
Simpson
Hunt Aldred Winnard Mustoe
Hatfield Joyce (if fit) Buxton Mingioa Naismith
Gray
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 09:28   #6
Senior Member+

Cant see Joycy being fit and i have never seen Buxton play in midfield.
Like to see Lids given a chance to play himself into a bit of form.
Wouldn't be un-happy with that team tho Frank
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 11:02   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMoody View Post
6 league goals in 70-odd appearances would suggest otherwise! Having said that I would play Hatfield, think his work rate and endeavour seems to be undervalued by the manager. Mingioa got to start .
My team
Simpson
Gray

Not may runs in the side though so appearance/goals ratios don't tell the story Remember 18 x 5 minute cameos equates to one full game. As well he has often been played, wrongly in my eyes, in midfield. Always looks dangerous when he plays and as you say his work rate means he contributes even when he doesn't bag...which I don't think the other striking options do.

Last edited by Alvin the chipmunk; 19-08-2014 at 11:05.
Alvin the chipmunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 11:10   #8

Talking Re: Shrewsbury Town Match Thread.

[QUOTE=Alvin the chipmunk;1113897]
Quote:
My team
Simpson
Gray[/QU

Not may runs in the side though so appearance/goals ratios don't tell the story Remember 18 x 5 minute cameos equates to one full game. As well he has often been played, wrongly in my eyes, in midfield. Always looks dangerous when he plays and as you say his work rate means he contributes even when he doesn't bag...which I don't think the other striking options do.
Ok 5 league goals (thought it was 6) in 40-odd starts ignoring any sub appearances still suggests his goal return is not as good as any of the forwards. Anyway as I said I like Hatfield but he is not a forward. Incidentally you don't think Gray for one works hard and contributes when he's not scoring?? Do you sit behind an obstruction ?
cashman likes this.
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 12:02   #9
God Member

'Fishy' site implies Messrs Joyce and Buxton may not be fit, which reduces midfield options.
I agree with F19 and would like to see Mr. Liddle given a game, probably at left back. He appears to be a natural left-footed and is one of the few players who can tackle and, I would like to think, wouldn't do any worse than Saturday's efforts.
Being awarded a penalty is a pretty rare event for Stanley so I only hope they get another tonight and Mr Naismith buries the ball, and the keeper if necessary, in the back of the net.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 12:20   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I'm hoping we can beat em tonight without a penalty, have no wish to see that again.
Old 19-08-2014, 12:44   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
My team
Simpson
Gray
After his performance on Saturday, it would be very difficult to omit Atkinson. And I think Bowerman should be given a chance. He seems to me to be made of sterner stuff than Gray.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 12:56   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
After his performance on Saturday, it would be very difficult to omit Atkinson. And I think Bowerman should be given a chance. He seems to me to be made of sterner stuff than Gray.
Can't argue wi that.
Old 19-08-2014, 13:27   #13

[QUOTE=FrankMoody;1113898]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post

Ok 5 league goals (thought it was 6) in 40-odd starts ignoring any sub appearances still suggests his goal return is not as good as any of the forwards. Anyway as I said I like Hatfield but he is not a forward. Incidentally you don't think Gray for one works hard and contributes when he's not scoring?? Do you sit behind an obstruction ?

Maybe so. But the number of moves he breaks up by throwing himself to the floor outweighs this imo. Frustrating as he's a talented lad.

Hope springs eternal. Just backed us to win 3-0 at 50/1.
Old 19-08-2014, 13:41   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Good man Alvin, I backed em but only fer the win.
Old 19-08-2014, 14:54   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
RR difficult one that.
Who do you drop as three at the back requires experienced wing-backs,and we don't have any !!.
Even man utd struggled on Saturday with that system as they dont have that type of player.
Its a tricky one,but common sense tells me play a tried and tested defence and go from there,ie Hunty,Dean,Tom,Lids
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..