Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2016, 10:50   #1
Senior Member+

Shutting up Somerset

In the hope that Somerset will not have to write another letter and also in the hope that neither deeayess nor I will have a fruitless journey tomorrow, can anyone give some information about the current state of the pitch. Thanks in advance.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-01-2016, 11:12   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Shutting up Somerset

sorry Red: it's not looking good, rain all night, big pools of water in the streets, more rain forecast for tomorrow, have not been down to look at the pitch, will update you after I have had a reccy
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 12:12   #3
Senior Member+

on reccy 1-00pm bright sunshine at present. I'm not a ref but I would say the pitch is just playable but more rain is forecast
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 12:13   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
on reccy 1-00pm bright sunshine at present. I'm not a ref but I would say the pitch is just playable but more rain is forecast
Picture of pitch on Twitter.
Red-Osbornello likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 12:55   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Looks very dodgy to me wi the forecast
Old 08-01-2016, 13:00   #6
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Looks very dodgy to me wi the forecast
You're right Cashy, the forecast shows pretty much constant rain overnight and most of the morning/afternoon pre-match tomorrow.

Sunny at the moment though, might get me shorts out.

Illustrations, Web & Graphic Design:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk

Accrington Stanley Section:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk/sections/accrington-stanley
Red-Osbornello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 16:20   #7
Senior Member+

Absolute disgrace!
Kiwi John likes this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 16:30   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Absolute disgrace!
Don't you know it's escalated to a huge disgrace
Kiwi John likes this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 16:54   #9
Senior Member+

Following Yonmon's suggestion...

No more posts on this thread PLEASE !!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 17:30   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
In the hope that Somerset will not have to write another letter and also in the hope that neither deeayess nor I will have a fruitless journey tomorrow, can anyone give some information about the current state of the pitch. Thanks in advance.
Just watched the forecast now n its changed now looks promising to me.
Old 08-01-2016, 17:47   #11
Super Moderator

Don't want to feed any "trolls" nor step on Buzzer's grass.

The pitch is fine (In my very personal view) and the forecast I use is encouraging

I've closed the other thread but can I just point out IF we covered the pitch with rain covers; where would Buzzer then put the 50mm worth of daily rain that has fallen?? Bear in mind the drains around the stadium are constantly full and can only "drain" as the watertable allows them.
choirboy likes this.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 18:02   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
If the forecast turns out to be correct I think the match will be on. It all depends on how much the water table has been able to recover to somewhere near normal levels but the recent rain has been nowhere near what we experienced for the last 3 postponements. Fingers crossed!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 20:05   #13
God Member

Forecast, if such is to be believed, suggests the game could start but whether it finishes is another question. Hope the late afternoon downpour drifts across more slowly than predicted. As if Professor Coleman doesn't have enough to worry about.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 22:00   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Don't want to feed any "trolls" nor step on Buzzer's grass.

The pitch is fine (In my very personal view) and the forecast I use is encouraging

I've closed the other thread but can I just point out IF we covered the pitch with rain covers; where would Buzzer then put the 50mm worth of daily rain that has fallen?? Bear in mind the drains around the stadium are constantly full and can only "drain" as the watertable allows them.
Mr T.......there is only one place where all that water could go......
In the massive void where Somerset's brain should be!!
Red-Osbornello likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 01:18   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
.....but can I just point out IF we covered the pitch with rain covers; where would Buzzer then put the 50mm worth of daily rain that has fallen?? Bear in mind the drains around the stadium are constantly full and can only "drain" as the watertable allows them.
This is truly a disgrace. Why hasn't the club had the foresight to built large holding ponds/lakes outside of the ground, pump the pitch water into them ,fill with fish and hire out rods and tackle thus generating income?.You could call them 'Somerset pools'. It would only cost a few zillion.
nige b and DaveinGermany like this.
Kiwi John is online now   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..