Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2011, 09:36   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Sign of the times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
One thing we can all do, and I keep trying. Ask your friends, work colleagues, aquaintances, family members, cousins, nearest and dearest to come along to a game. Tomorrow is an ideal opportunity.

If they say no, don't give up keep asking and asking and asking.

We can all do this, its like cold calling, but eventually someone will say yes, and they might well might come again. you get lot's of knock backs but someone will say yes.

I got someone along to the Crewe game. A bit unfortunate it was the Crewe game, but then they have been since. So a success.

Every game, every supporter should be asking someone to come to the next game.

Up the Stanley!
To quote the old Chinese proverb

YOU CANNOT LEAD A HORSE TO WATER. Yes we can ask, but as Ilyas has said, the ground needs total redevelopment or a completely new rebuild into a plastic stadium ie soulless but with modern facilities. Or redevelop the Crown Ground? We have enough problem with the folks on Livingstone Road (not all residents).

Carrie with regards to safety officer, what qualifications do you need? and why can't another Senior steward do the job? Providing the ground has stewards and a control room with CCTV and radio contact to control the crowd, the club have medical and fire provisions and the steward in question complies with the safety policy of the club then there is no reason why a senior steward not do the duties of safety officer. What do you think happened when Mick was off sick?

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-10-2011, 11:50   #32
Junior Member+

a safety officer has to have or be working towards the nvq level 4 and also has to be deemed a 'competent person' by the council. Also needs to be named on the safety certificate so a steward, whilst they may be competent, cannot simply fill in unless the council have already approved them
carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:56   #33
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie View Post
a safety officer has to have or be working towards the nvq level 4 and also has to be deemed a 'competent person' by the council. Also needs to be named on the safety certificate so a steward, whilst they may be competent, cannot simply fill in unless the council have already approved them
We had somebody fill in when Mick was off sick, so what is the problem ?
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 14:10   #34
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Games on !!
Old 12-10-2011, 14:52   #35
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
We had somebody fill in when Mick was off sick, so what is the problem ?
Nothing, what i mean is that someone can't just fill in on the night last minute they've got to be pre approved. Sorry if that wasn't clear!
carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 14:57   #36
God Member

From what I am led to believe, Mark Turner has the both the required qualifications and council clearance.

I further understand that although he will no longer be an employee of the club, he has agreed to continue on a voluntary basis for the time being.

If the above statement is proved to be true, then the guy is to be applauded for his commitment to ASFC.

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 15:08   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Talking Re: Sign of the times?

Quote:
Can't have a game without a safety officer though...
Quote:
Quote:
Nothing, what i mean is that someone can't just fill in on the night last minute they've got to be pre approved. Sorry if that wasn't clear!
Don't understand were yer coming from carrie? i don't know meself, but would assume that problem was looked at immediately? unless yer first post was stirring it? which is my task in life not yours. pmsl.
Old 12-10-2011, 15:09   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
From what I am led to believe, Mark Turner has the both the required qualifications and council clearance.

I further understand that although he will no longer be an employee of the club, he has agreed to continue on a voluntary basis for the time being.

If the above statement is proved to be true, then the guy is to be applauded for his commitment to ASFC.
You are correct Pete. Mark's ID card does indeed say Deputy Safety Officer
Old 13-10-2011, 13:01   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Six months have passed yet still there is no movement on the share issue (or have I missed it?)
Update

£1million share scheme announced by Accrington Stanley (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Old 13-10-2011, 14:02   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Games on !!

Pitch looked superb,after all the rain we have had recently,and is a credit to Buzzer and the hard work he puts in to safeguard what was a substantial investment in the playing surface.
Old 13-10-2011, 17:59   #41
God Member

Take a picture of it though cause even with the thousands invested as well as all the handwork already undertaken will be undone by reduced hours and huge wage cuts for our lone groundsman....
Old 13-10-2011, 19:39   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourth official View Post
Pitch looked superb,after all the rain we have had recently,and is a credit to Buzzer and the hard work he puts in to safeguard what was a substantial investment in the playing surface.
Now that really is a sign of the times!
sausage butty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2011, 20:30   #43

[quote=Outback Ozzy;939447]To quote the old Chinese proverb

YOU CANNOT LEAD A HORSE TO WATER. Yes we can ask, but as Ilyas has said, the ground needs total redevelopment or a completely new rebuild into a plastic stadium ie soulless but with modern facilities. Or redevelop the Crown Ground? We have enough problem with the folks on Livingstone Road (not all residents).

Outback, no BUTS please!!

JUST ASK you friends, colleagues, bretheren to come, it's the football, the atmosphere and the people already at the match that count.

If they don't want to come they won't but don't give up before you start!

UP THE STANLEY!
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2011, 12:36   #44
God Member

JUST ASK you friends, colleagues, bretheren to come, it's the football, the atmosphere and the people already at the match that count.

More power to your elbow, CG.
I also think Stanley's involvement with primary schools is a good idea to generate support. Pester power has made McDonalds and Disney what they are; lots of successful businesses know that the way to a parent's pocket is through their children.
Visiting secondary schools may be too late -they'll either be too cool to be impressed by anyone or already wearing Barca shirts.
But a few visits to the 20+ local primary schools might get the kids wanting to go, especially for a quid - and most will then bring at least one parent.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2011, 13:44   #45

Take a moment to think about Mick S. He put his heart and soul into the club, often working 60-70 hours for an absolute pittance. He has been well and truly sh.. on from a great height. He brought many volunteers into the club, who I suspect will no longer be offering their services.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..