Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree685Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-06-2017, 21:01   #181
I am Banned

Re: Signings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
That's two figures not six!
How can a six figure sum be over a million?
Think you need to stop believing everything you read on your phone.
Just purely stating one of the figures going round, doesn't mean I believe it now does it?
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-06-2017, 22:01   #182
God Member

So, if you read/hear something YOU don't believe is true, why do you think anyone else would want to read about it?
Greger and keep the faith like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2017, 06:50   #183
God Member

Whatever the fee is let,s hope some of it goes towards a quality keeper and striker unless Coley already has these lined up.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2017, 07:31   #184
I am Banned

The don resigns till 2019
Old 30-06-2017, 08:05   #185
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Whatever the fee is let,s hope some of it goes towards a quality keeper and striker unless Coley already has these lined up.
i,d say we need 2 strikers not one now that shay has moved. may be a change in formation that i hope for without billy getting a constant bashing week in week out. hope there,s a good big lad out there can take the weight off him. christian dennis at chesterfield could fill the mccarten position very well and the lad williams who doncaster let go would be a good shout.
cashman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2017, 10:19   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Apparently we got 1.5 million for him, that's one of the figures going round
You obviously didn't give it much thought before you posted that load of tripe!!!
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2017, 10:54   #187
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
You obviously didn't give it much thought before you posted that load of tripe!!!
As I said its one of the figure going round, with this new transparency that mr holt promised who know what it will be doubt we'll ever know
Old 30-06-2017, 11:07   #188
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The point to me is as Mab said if the fees are declared,then anyone we are after will no doubt want good money,if we got a good fee, for a club of our stature, that would be crazy. imho so whinging oer not knowing aint the brightest move?
keep the faith likes this.
Old 30-06-2017, 11:43   #189

Quote:
As I said its one of the figure going round, with this new transparency that mr holt promised who know what it will be doubt we'll ever know
What bothers me more about your statement is the fact that you're casting aspersions towards Mr.Holt after all the fine work, commitment and money he has put into our club.
smudgie, cashman, smobile and 1 others like this.
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2017, 12:01   #190
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
What bothers me more about your statement is the fact that you're casting aspersions towards Mr.Holt after all the fine work, commitment and money he has put into our club.
Tbh lately I don't like him, the transparency he promised that never happened, his outburts on social media nearly cost us PL funding, he needs to wind it in and realise we're not a big club were just little old accy and his views will just go on deaf ears
Old 30-06-2017, 12:04   #191
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Tbh lately I don't like him, the transparency he promised that never happened, his outburts on social media nearly cost us PL funding, he needs to wind it in and realise we're not a big club were just little old accy and his views will just go on deaf ears
To be sure if i had thought my views would fall on deaf ears, i woulda regarded my working life as wasted. Keeping yer gob shut when summats blatantly unfair is the worst thing possibe.
Old 30-06-2017, 12:12   #192
Senior Member+

Going off age / experience etc.. i would say around £250k would be a realistic fee .
Dont forget hes unproven at league one level !!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2017, 13:31   #193

Quote:
You are of course assuming Bradford didn't have a say in the matter of whether the fee was kept undisclosed.

There is the further consideration that it may be in ASFCs interest to keep the fee received quiet so as not to put up the fee of any players we are interested in.
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2017, 14:00   #194

Quote:
Whilst i agree with you as to being a little disappointed in AH over the last couple of months mainly in relation to the silence over the ground/new stand etc but maybe thats down to the opportunity to purchase it lock stock and barrel.

But i never understood the situation regarding the new stand surely if the ground belongs to Hyndburn then it would be down to them to build the new stand and recover the cost with an uplift in rental over the remaining term of the lease [ as is currently happening at Exeter ] but that didnt seem to be the case but if it was it would make the decision to buy seem strange but then again if AH could fund the purchase of the ground and the building of the stand either by using Wham to obtain cheap finance or by them owning it and the club paying them rent the decision would start to make sense.

But just to put you straight Stanley were never in any danger of losing any funding from the PL over what he said on Twitter in fact i.ll lay odds that a few of the clubs still owned in the traditional way will have actually thought good on him its not the clubs who wont support the lower leagues its the PL and the FA its owners who refuse to do that after all if they all chucked in 5m a year from the TV Money none of them would actually lose anything as theyd all still be on the same level field and all that would happen is that theyd all reduce their wage bills by the same amount.

But you cant have it both ways either as you say his comments fell on deaf ears or they took notice and thought what an ungrateful git or my view that a lot of them thought good for him but it definitely cant of been both.
Chrisr likes this.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2017, 14:05   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Going off age / experience etc.. i would say around £250k would be a realistic fee .
Dont forget hes unproven at league one level !!
I would agree with you on that figure as thats exactly the same as they paid for Charlie Wyke a player of roughly the same age and experience etc just last season.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..