Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree685Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-06-2017, 14:11   #196
Senior Member+

Re: Signings

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Apparently we got 1.5 million for him, that's one of the figures going round
Of course the club did .........
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-06-2017, 16:32   #197
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post
Whilst i agree with you as to being a little disappointed in AH over the last couple of months mainly in relation to the silence over the ground/new stand etc but maybe thats down to the opportunity to purchase it lock stock and barrel.

But i never understood the situation regarding the new stand surely if the ground belongs to Hyndburn then it would be down to them to build the new stand and recover the cost with an uplift in rental over the remaining term of the lease [ as is currently happening at Exeter ] but that didnt seem to be the case but if it was it would make the decision to buy seem strange but then again if AH could fund the purchase of the ground and the building of the stand either by using Wham to obtain cheap finance or by them owning it and the club paying them rent the decision would start to make sense.
I dont know all the details of whats what in relation to purchase over rent, but one of the things it will do for us is to improve our credit rating/status.

On the accounts every year we'll be seen as a pauper because we have little or nothing in terms of assets. Bit of steel, lorry or two of concrete, some plastic seats and fluctuating value of limited playing staff. With the land on there as well we should be seen as investable by the bank.

I dont know what AH has planned for the short, medium and long term (not sure he does), or whether he plans to finance it personally or through his business/foundation, but he should shortly have the option of bank finance on production of a viable business plan.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:44   #198
God Member

not one that knows much about the murky world of finance but it seems to me a lot of clubs seem to go out of their way to purchase their grounds or buy em back. lot of the reasons is to create more finance for the clubs. if this is the case owning our own plot of land should be our number one priority. i live in rented property but wouldn,t fork out for an extension for it.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 10:59   #199
God Member

With the transfer window now officially opened would expect some more additions next week as players will want to be tied up to contracts now wonder if Coley will use any of the Shay money or wether it,s changed is plans slightly.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 15:52   #200
God Member

Am more concerned about more departures. Hope there aren't any.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 16:09   #201
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Am more concerned about more departures. Hope there aren't any.
Keeping everything crossed - still gutted about Shay
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 17:30   #202

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
not one that knows much about the murky world of finance but it seems to me a lot of clubs seem to go out of their way to purchase their grounds or buy em back. lot of the reasons is to create more finance for the clubs. if this is the case owning our own plot of land should be our number one priority. i live in rented property but wouldn,t fork out for an extension for it.
Not really the same comparison though, is it not like leasehold where Stanley own the stadium but not the ground it's built on. I thought that was quite common with property down your way unlike up here
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 17:40   #203
Senior Member+

No wonder I hardly come on here anymore, Some quite staggering comments with regarding Mr Holt.

How ANYONE has the right to criticise what he is doing/ has done for the club needs their head looking at. Let's not forget we have been a total shambles financially....... forever! He has literally put his hard earned money in and transformed the club. Just look at the ground improvements we have seen in the last year!

Whatever we have received from Bradford, if it's £100,000 or £999,999 it doesn't matter. We have got a record fee for a player who 18 months/ 2 years ago was absolutely nowhere near that. Fair play to Coleman for getting the best out of him, and even fairer play to Mr Holt for negotiating that kind of fee.

Keep the faith Red men !
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 18:10   #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
No wonder I hardly come on here anymore, Some quite staggering comments with regarding Mr Holt.

How ANYONE has the right to criticise what he is doing/ has done for the club needs their head looking at. Let's not forget we have been a total shambles financially....... forever! He has literally put his hard earned money in and transformed the club. Just look at the ground improvements we have seen in the last year!

Whatever we have received from Bradford, if it's £100,000 or £999,999 it doesn't matter. We have got a record fee for a player who 18 months/ 2 years ago was absolutely nowhere near that. Fair play to Coleman for getting the best out of him, and even fairer play to Mr Holt for negotiating that kind of fee.

Keep the faith Red men !
I used to think Craig whyte was a good guy. Since then I trust nobody. He appears to have done some good stuff but there's something niggling away now. I'm not saying he is not a good guy because he may well be but most of the money he put in was turned into shares. He insisted on 75% which have him total financial control and effectively made us a part of WHAM. I had no concerns re asset stripping as we had none but now we want to buy the ground. We don't know how much of all this is funded by player sales and will the money be reinvested in players? There has been some good out of this and things may get a lot better but for now I'll hold back on the hero worship but will afford him the chance he deserves.
st06nc2 likes this.
Old 02-07-2017, 18:22   #205
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

As far as i'm concerned the playing surface has Never been as good, in fact it was a disgrace to league football, not that long back, The facilites also have improved a great deal, also the simple fact we now have players on longer than 1 season deals, all those things are down to the guy who is now leading us. also attempting to purchase the ground, what the hell do some people expect?
Old 02-07-2017, 18:38   #206

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
As far as i'm concerned the playing surface has Never been as good, in fact it was a disgrace to league football, not that long back, The facilites also have improved a great deal, also the simple fact we now have players on longer than 1 season deals, all those things are down to the guy who is now leading us. also attempting to purchase the ground, what the hell do some people expect?
And that is where being part of wham is effective because it leads to many more avenues of credit but credit has to be repaid somehow. Is it a benevolent gesture or will the piper need paid at some point. As I've said, I'm on the fence here and only time will tell.

Didn't we all think we were debt free under Eric at one point until the chickens came home to roost? That didn't make Eric a bad person as he did his best and should be applauded for it.
Old 02-07-2017, 18:49   #207
God Member

I see Andy at most home games he always as time for a quick hello and even a brief chat seems a proper chap but I remember at the time he took over he stated that he was,nt a Roman Abrovanich and would strive to try and make the club self-sufficient if and when that ever happens only time will tell but I think you have to have a bit of trust in the man and I truly believe he has been struck by the bug that is Accrington Stanley so let,s hope he is in it for the long haul and we progress on and off the field including all the good work in the acadamys and community which I know he is proud of we might even have our own training ground one day as well as hopefully owning our own if not the best stadium but it would be ours, better than what was happening before he became involved.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 19:28   #208
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
I see Andy at most home games he always as time for a quick hello and even a brief chat seems a proper chap but I remember at the time he took over he stated that he was,nt a Roman Abrovanich and would strive to try and make the club self-sufficient if and when that ever happens only time will tell but I think you have to have a bit of trust in the man and I truly believe he has been struck by the bug that is Accrington Stanley so let,s hope he is in it for the long haul and we progress on and off the field including all the good work in the acadamys and community which I know he is proud of we might even have our own training ground one day as well as hopefully owning our own if not the best stadium but it would be ours, better than what was happening before he became involved.
Exactly he's no Roman abramovich, his money will run out eventually, he says he wants to make Accrington a sustainable club, what if he runs out of money before then, he says he's not in it to make money but if he's not he's not going to have any money and we'll end up in trouble again, he needs to wind his neck in and stop going on rants that could end up causing more s**t for the club
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 19:39   #209
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thats utter bull**** as far as i'm concerned. If i was unlucky enough to be in the trenches, i sure wouldn't want you behind me.

Last edited by cashman; 02-07-2017 at 19:43.
cashman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 19:45   #210
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thats utter bull**** as far as i'm concerned. If i was unlucky enough to be in the trenches, i sure wouldn't want you behind me.
While Andy holt is at the club me and my family will not be returning, I wouldn't be behind you in trenches I wouldn't be in a trench only cowards hide should be on the fields fighting
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..