Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree685Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2017, 19:48   #211
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Signings

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
While Andy holt is at the club me and my family will not be returning, I wouldn't be behind you in trenches I wouldn't be in a trench only cowards hide should be on the fields fighting
Thats a perfect demonstration of how pathetic you are.
Old 02-07-2017, 20:18   #212

Quote:
While Andy holt is at the club me and my family will not be returning, I wouldn't be behind you in trenches I wouldn't be in a trench only cowards hide should be on the fields fighting
I'm very happy to hear you're not returning to the ground. Does that mean you won't be posting any more of your ridiculous opinions on here as well? Good riddance.
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 20:42   #213
Super Moderator

Quote:
While Andy holt is at the club me and my family will not be returning
Quite right too. How dare Andy Holt plough money into the club, pay off our debts, improve the pitch to its best ever condition, give us a fanzone at the back of the Clayton End and generally inflict stability on us. Does he not realise we have proud traditions of ramshackle, debt-ridden tinpottedness to maintain!
Old 02-07-2017, 20:55   #214
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Quite right too. How dare Andy Holt plough money into the club, pay off our debts, improve the pitch to its best ever condition, give us a fanzone at the back of the Clayton End and generally inflict stability on us. Does he not realise we have proud traditions of ramshackle, debt-ridden tinpottedness to maintain!
How do we know our debts are paid off, as someone has already said we thought we was debt free under Eric, for all we know we could still be in massive debt
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 21:02   #215

Quote:
While trying to bring some sanity into this without being anti Holt he put money in and got shares back. The supporters club helped fund the fan zone and who knows what other money has been available? Likewise the big screen and who knows what's in the background with the rest. Plus as a subsidiary of WHAM will any loss not be offset against the main company for tax so there is some payback especially if the club does well and is sold. That would benefit everyone as we would be successful and he would make money.

As I've said my opinion is that I will give him the benefit of the doubt but it's too early for hero worship.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 21:22   #216
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
While trying to bring some sanity into this without being anti Holt he put money in and got shares back. The supporters club helped fund the fan zone and who knows what other money has been available? Likewise the big screen and who knows what's in the background with the rest. Plus as a subsidiary of WHAM will any loss not be offset against the main company for tax so there is some payback especially if the club does well and is sold. That would benefit everyone as we would be successful and he would make money.

As I've said my opinion is that I will give him the benefit of the doubt but it's too early for hero worship.
Ok, look at it this way. If Andy Holt hadn't turned up, where would be now? Certainly in a much, much worse position, so we have a lot to be grateful to him for. If that constitutes hero worship, so be it.
Old 02-07-2017, 22:00   #217

Quote:
Ok, look at it this way. If Andy Holt hadn't turned up, where would be now? Certainly in a much, much worse position, so we have a lot to be grateful to him for. If that constitutes hero worship, so be it.
It's not what happens now you worry about it's what happens in the future. Newcastle fans though Mike ashley was great at one point as did some rangers fans. Same with Craig whyte. Man utd fans thought Michael Knighton was going to do wonders and what happened there. Brookes mileson at Gretna, Vladimir romanov at hearts and probably many more. Yes he is doing well just now but don't be blinded lest it goes wrong is all I'm saying. If you want to go down that line then fine and I hope you are right.
st06nc2 likes this.
Old 02-07-2017, 23:20   #218
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
It's not what happens now you worry about it's what happens in the future. Newcastle fans though Mike ashley was great at one point as did some rangers fans. Same with Craig whyte. Man utd fans thought Michael Knighton was going to do wonders and what happened there. Brookes mileson at Gretna, Vladimir romanov at hearts and probably many more. Yes he is doing well just now but don't be blinded lest it goes wrong is all I'm saying. If you want to go down that line then fine and I hope you are right.
So what would our future have been if Andy Holt hadn't stepped in? Slipping further and further into debt, until we had to go back to the town with collecting buckets again? At least now, we have a good chance of making future progress...we had very little before Mr Holt came on the scene!
Old 03-07-2017, 06:04   #219

Yes, that's right. We shouldn't judge people like Andy Holt on what they have done so far we should judge them on what might possibly happen in future.
Matty P might walk out on the club and sign for Stevenage. Boo hiss to the potential traitor.
Coley may turn out to be a Mason who ritually murders young children. Sack him now before it's too late.
Etc.
baldy and monkey hanger like this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 06:44   #220

Quote:
So what would our future have been if Andy Holt hadn't stepped in? Slipping further and further into debt, until we had to go back to the town with collecting buckets again? At least now, we have a good chance of making future progress...we had very little before Mr Holt came on the scene!
That's exactly what I'm saying though, he has been good for the club and there is no indication that there is anything untoward but to think he is chucking his money at this for no return is a bit naive given that he is a business man who has made a lot of money.

All will be well when things are going well but what will happen if they don't. At the moment burgess gets the blame for things that go wrong and Holt of the good guy who puts them right. Do you really think burgess has that power.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:21   #221
God Member

Quote:
i,d bet plenty of other clubs would want that nasty mr.holt involved with their clubs. morecambe, leyton orient, hartlepool the list is endless. suppose some want him to go and we can get someone who,s name we can,t pronounce who,ll attempt to put the club back into the northern premier league.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 08:35   #222
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
i,d bet plenty of other clubs would want that nasty mr.holt involved with their clubs. morecambe, leyton orient, hartlepool the list is endless. suppose some want him to go and we can get someone who,s name we can,t pronounce who,ll attempt to put the club back into the northern premier league.
Theres 2 kinds of people = Optomists @ Pessimists. give me Optimists any day.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:57   #223

We haven't kicked a ball yet & already this thread on 'Signings' has descended into a slanging match about a man who dug us out the s***!
I only hope Mr Holt doesn't bother reading this forum.
AccyMad, baldy, smudgie and 5 others like this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 08:59   #224

I think Deeayess makes some good points.
Sensible to be wary of any individual who exerts sole control over any entity.
At the end of the day Holt is a businessman and not the Holy Mothers of the Poor.
If business situation were to change perfectly understandable that he would drop Stanley like a stone as it's only a hobby.
Not anti Holt or pessimistic just realistic.
Do wonder sometimes about the good cop/bad cop Holt/Burgess thing.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:46   #225
God Member

Not anti Holt or pessimistic just realistic.
Do wonder sometimes about the good cop/bad cop Holt/Burgess thing.[/QUOTE]

don,t think the latter happens though. he,s got a job to do at the club and i know that some don,t like the latters way of doing things. be careful what you wish for inspector. i,m a realist too and know that stanley will not be signing a million pound player, win the league or fa cups or get regular gates of 4000 next season.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..