Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree685Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2017, 09:22   #241
God Member

Re: Signings

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Andy has gone on record numerous times as 'not expecting a return'.

His stated intent is that of a self sufficient club that can provide a legacy to the community.

As far as self sufficiency is concerned he has developed a quarter of the ground that is now generating money on matchdays.

He has developed a large, quality car park that is now generating matchday income.

He has improved hospitality numbers (not sure on quality) that is now generating matchday income.

He has developed the Commercial department that is now generating year round income with both major and minor partners involved.

Commercial parties are keen to get involved again and many aspects of the club are beginning to bloom.

He has given JC the largest budget thus far (900k iirc).

He has brought much needed stability and respect back to a club that has teetered from one chaos to another for a decade.

The ground and its perimeter are both cleaner and tidier than they have ever been and the groundwork for further development has been done, or is underway.

He has been instrumental in the re-emergence if the Supporters Club.

The pitch has been expensively refurbished to its current best ever state.

... not bad for a little under 2 years since he first clapped eyes on the ground.

Has he made mistakes? Undoubtedly, but I would massively give him the benefit of the doubt. Every corner of the club was a shambles and needed overhauling. He didnt have the cast of Ben Hur in the office to offer their wisdom, experience or professionalism - everything has been pretty much from a standing start. I'd be more than happy to offer him my wisdom, experience and professionalism, as would others, but who is to say I know how to run a football club?

As a parent I expect my kids to adhere to what I teach them is right or wrong. They rarely agree with me because, as kids, they aren't privy to the bigger picture. As football fans we are as those kids. We dont know what finances are available, what people are available to implement ideas, what legislation they must adhere to, what works must be done before other works can be done etc etc etc.

I'm by no means hero worshipping but for gods sake leave off the UNNECESSARY criticism, it's unwarranted and unwanted.
Super post Rob.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-07-2017, 09:25   #242
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
thought he was up to our level last season. the bits we saw of him for me he looked decent. needs more game time than he got last season though. showed a lot more for me than a current chorley striker did in the last month or so of the season.
Agree looks very mobile and quick justs needs game time and goals only down side to him doing well is Hull have a recall clause in January but good signing.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:43   #243
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Way i look at it is the fact Hull City have given the lad another contract, so that says quite clearly to me, they reckon hes got a fair chance of making the grade. I would be sure they have more idea, than any of us.
Old 04-07-2017, 10:44   #244
Senior Member+

Spot on Macca!

I can see where you're coming from being a Rangers fan Deeayass but knows where we would be when we was around 1.2 million in debt and no major income coming in when we had 2 months worth of postponed games!!
Old 04-07-2017, 18:34   #245
God Member

Need some more signings only a week till the huddsersfield game would like to see the squad more or less finalised by then, plus need a bit of excitement this close season is beginning to bore me.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 04-07-2017, 18:50   #246
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Need some more signings only a week till the huddsersfield game would like to see the squad more or less finalised by then, plus need a bit of excitement this close season is beginning to bore me.
Believe it's only 36 days until the first league game aswell
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 21:02   #247
Full Member+

I have to agree with other posters on here that Johnny Edwards was up to our level and a bit beyond, He didn't get enough time on the pitch to give a fair and honest appraisal but I was impressed with his presence and all round skill for the short times we saw him and he scored a time or two. I think I said at the time it might be an idea to rotate the strikers as at the time Billy was not firing on all cylinders, we all know why now. But I hope John gets a fair chance to show his true talent. pity we couldn't keep hold of Harvey Rodgers, But we seem to have the makings of a promotion team. I don't believe there is any other team we should be fearing in this league this season.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 06:47   #248

Assuming Matty P stays (is that likely?) our defence is still solid without Rogers.
Huge question marks over the goalie situation. Rodak coming back would be so good, but we need someone of that ilk to be a promotion side.
Sorted on the wings.
Assuming Edwards comes in and is as good as some people think he is (I'm not so sure) and Billy gets some form back then we're ok there too. Is Boco still around?
Midfield still seems the big unknown. Seamus is ok but I think this is an area we really need to be more solid in. I think we'll fall short without another player coming in/through....but I think we were saying that most of last season?
choirboy likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 11:58   #249

We need another 8 players at least! Apart from keepers, we can't sign any

loan players between windows........
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 12:12   #250

Keeper, striker and someone to fill the Crooks shaped hole in midfield required.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 10:57   #251
I am Banned

Conneely signs till 2019
AccyMad likes this.
Old 06-07-2017, 14:44   #252
God Member

Great news, not his best season last season, but I feel that he will have a much better on this season, especially if he can get a regular partner...

baldy and monkey hanger like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 16:14   #253
Senior Member+

With Donacien and Clark following shortly.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 16:17   #254
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
With Donacien and Clark following shortly.
Don resigned last week didn't he
Old 06-07-2017, 16:29   #255
God Member

He did yeah, new two year deal same as Coneely
choirboy likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..